Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I always think it's a shame that it doesn't actually say the phrase "Green Day" in that song. It would be awesome and hilarious to hear them perform it live if it did. Bet they would've been more likely to perform it live more often if it did as well.

I've always loved how Billie changed "got my Kiss records out" to "got my Green Day records out" when they covered Surrender at the Warfield. I guess that's the next best thing.

• Like 1

Random thought that is in a way green day related: anyone ever been to a Gilman show? I'm going to my first one when I visit the Bay Area over spring break in a couple weeks. if so, whats it like?!

Another question: I know its known for "all ages" and all that stuff but in all seriousness would it be weird to bring my 13 year old sister? too young?

Does anyone else worry that the trilogy may be the last big Green Day albums?

Actually, if anything 21CB would be, as the Trilogy absolutely faceplanted in terms of sales. :PCheck out the old Unpopular Opinions thread to see me and Ceadog being the lone voices of reason and arguing that GD will break up within the next five years; it's kinda related to this.

Does anyone else worry that the trilogy may be the last big Green Day albums?

I don't think so. I have that feeling, that the next album, post rehab, will be huge. That said, I may be completely wrong :P

There's something quite special about Billie's palm muting. He locks in so tightly with Mike and Tre, and his dynamics are so consistent, that it's actually incredibly difficult to replicate. It's a very underrated skill, because in theory it's so simple.

Absolutely. I've never been able to get the hang of the strumming pattern at the beginning of Basket Case. It's ridiculous but so good!

Absolutely. I've never been able to get the hang of the strumming pattern at the beginning of Basket Case. It's ridiculous but so good!

Basket Case is a weird one. It feels like it should be doing one thing when in reality it does something slightly different.

I only just now realized that the gibberish Billie is screeching at the end of "Horseshoes and Hand Grenades" is actually "G-L-O-R-I-A!" and oh my god that makes the song so much better.

• Like 1

I only just now realized that the gibberish Billie is screeching at the end of "Horseshoes and Hand Grenades" is actually "G-L-O-R-I-A!" and oh my god that makes the song so much better.

Hmm. Not THAT much.

If anything it makes it worse. I don't know why I don't like that song, coz it's not far away from being decent, but I just can't bring myself to like it.

A thought about the Trilogy...I actually feel really bad for the guys that all three releases were a flop. When you see them making the album's they look like they genuinely love the music, that they are really into what they are doing. It must have been a hurtful letdown.

I think the guys still have a lot more to give, thats why I worry that because of the trilogy not being as successful as theyd hoped, they might call it quits. I enjoyed your 'debate' guys lol you both have interesting points

P.s I dont like what Ceadog said about Tre.

A thought about the Trilogy...I actually feel really bad for the guys that all three releases were a flop. When you see them making the album's they look like they genuinely love the music, that they are really into what they are doing. It must have been a hurtful letdown.

Yeah, I think this sometimes, too.... But remember, Billie Joe said in RS last year that he didn't consider it as a failure. Even if yes, I think they were a bit deceived though..

But when I see all thes real fans during the 99revolutions tour, with banners and signs of ''we're proud of you'', and that's what matters :happy:

Ramdom thought, speaking of which, I freaking love this interview.

• Like 1

Adding on to the Rolling Stone interview, it's such a deep, serious interview and then out of nowhere ends with "i love rootbeer."

• Like 1

Adding on to the Rolling Stone interview, it's such a deep, serious interview and then out of nowhere ends with "i love rootbeer."

Yes. i really loved it. Have read it so much times..

Plot twist: Darryl is secretly Billie Joe Armstrong.

Yes!! Horseshoes and Hand Grenades is one of my favourite songs from 21CB. So full of energy.

Side note - I didn't really like the trilogy. I think the guys had a really good time making the albums, but the songs didn't have much substance to me. I was excited for some demos on Demolicious, but now I know they're from the trilogy sessions I'm a bit less excited =/

Barq's Root Beer is the best...

In the heyday of my soda addiction I could easily go thru 4-5 12-packs of Barq's

I wanna hear more about ''Ruby Mae'', this sounded really good in Cuatro...

I forgot about Ruby Mae until now

I forgot about Ruby Mae until now

Me too... It's because I re-watched Cuatro just before, and I searched if there was a cover of this demo, and I found it. Sounds really good. I hope we could hear it entirely someday..

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic
  • Hermione pinned this topic