Green Day YouTube Channel Deleted?

StuckWithInsomnia

Yeah it's offical Billie said they broke up.

Where did you find that? I'd like to see it for myself.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because Green Day deleted his Youtube channel, doesn't mean they broke up.

Chill the fuck out, GDC nation.

No it's the sign of the apocalypse

:lol:

Where did you find that? I'd like to see it for myself.

Steven Seagull is GDC's resident tryhard troll. Billie said nothing of the sort.

I'm pretty sure only one person on this entire site seriously thinks GD has broken up because of this, the rest of us are just taking the piss.

...and rest of you all are seriously believing in that shit.

The YouTube account being closed wasn't planned from what I have gathered. They are looking into the issue now.

Youtube has been forcing users to use real names lately, and if you weren't paying attention (like me for a minute), they closed accounts without real names if you didn't want to use your read name. I have a feeling that's what happened with their Youtube account, for professional accounts or something. An admin glitch, probably. They'll get it straightened out as soon as someone remembers the passwords, lol.

Youtube has been forcing users to use real names lately, and if you weren't paying attention (like me for a minute), they closed accounts without real names if you didn't want to use your read name. I have a feeling that's what happened with their Youtube account, for professional accounts or something. An admin glitch, probably. They'll get it straightened out as soon as someone remembers the passwords, lol.

Ahh yeah right.

Dude, they don't close YouTube accounts with "non-real" names. You can freely choose if you want to show your real name, or account name.

The only thing that YouTube does nowadays is closing channels with copyrighted material and videos they don't fully own.

Or maybe "inspect element"? That is eaiser lol

Just another evidence that mass hysteria works. Or maybe it´s to wake up fans who might have fallen asleep after the Trilogy and Foreverly. Maybe it´s a mysterious alien attack who claim the expression "Green Day" for themselves, because this is gonna be the day when those little green fuckers from mars inhale the intire world.

Oh dear, I´m bored...

I disagree, they've had better management than any other band ever, no bullshit, they even post vids that fans have posted of them from time to time, me personally I'm hoping we won't see a GreenDayVEVO channel, cause then all sorts of personal content from their side will be gone, and swearwords will get bleeps.

You kidding me bro? They keep deleting and reuploading the same videos over and over again. A 6 VMA winning video had only 5 million views. Half their videos are there on Warner Bros music channel as well, reducing the views on their own one. Its hard to find the live video for 21 guns. And the fan made American Eulogy and Brain Stew one ain't even there.

And yes, Green Day should never be on VEVO. Too mainstream.

Dude they had like 400 000 000 views in total...

I hope the views and the subscribtions are not deleted :o

I don't know what you mean by that. They've sold 75 million records. That's pretty mainstream in my book.

I don't know what you mean by that. They've sold 75 million records. That's pretty mainstream in my book.

I'd say they are moderate-mainstream and a few of their albums don't even sound like they were made for the mainstream media. I like them that way. Their sound is not too mainstream, except for AI and 21st CB. I me.an it is but not like Linkin Park or Coldplay.

If they joined VEVO, it would be like "Nigga, you went full mainstream. Never go full mainstream".

I'd say they are moderate-mainstream and a few of their albums don't even sound like they were made for the mainstream media. I like them that way. Their sound is not too mainstream, except for AI and 21st CB. I me.an it is but not like Linkin Park or Coldplay.

If they joined VEVO, it would be like "Nigga, you went full mainstream. Never go full mainstream".

Well, fair enough. But to me it doesn't matter what media channels they share with any other artists. They sound how they sound, that's the important thing. I simply disagree with the concept of "full mainstream" though. A band who have been signed to Warner for 20 years are mainstream, it's as simple as that. Not that it even matters, though. It's a bit of a pointless label as far as I'm concerned.

You kidding me bro? They keep deleting and reuploading the same videos over and over again. A 6 VMA winning video had only 5 million views. Half their videos are there on Warner Bros music channel as well, reducing the views on their own one. Its hard to find the live video for 21 guns. And the fan made American Eulogy and Brain Stew one ain't even there.

Umm a band who has sold 75 million and is signed by one of the largest major label is mainstream...

They are certainly NOT a underground/local band...

Same happened with My Chemical Romance in 2009 because of a feud between Warner and Youtube. But it came to an end and MCR was back.

Well, fair enough. But to me it doesn't matter what media channels they share with any other artists. They sound how they sound, that's the important thing. I simply disagree with the concept of "full mainstream" though. A band who have been signed to Warner for 20 years are mainstream, it's as simple as that. Not that it even matters, though. It's a bit of a pointless label as far as I'm concerned.

Green Day is awesome. The fact that they're mainstream or not does not even matter. I never said they're not mainstream. They day they signed to Reprise they became mainstream.But Green Day music has still got a huge inspiration from their older work and other non mainstream artists. What I meant was that Green Day is mainstream but not as much as someone like Beyoncè or JT. For me, being in the mainstream has also got a lot to do with how much you're in the news or how much stuff you put out every now and then, and basically the production/sound of your music.

Green Day is awesome. The fact that they're mainstream or not does not even matter. I never said they're not mainstream. They day they signed to Reprise they became mainstream.But Green Day music has still got a huge inspiration from their older work and other non mainstream artists. What I meant was that Green Day is mainstream but not as much as someone like Beyoncè or JT. For me, being in the mainstream has also got a lot to do with how much you're in the news or how much stuff you put out every now and then, and basically the production/sound of your music.

Well yeah, I agree, and you make valid points. But what does that have to do with whether they have a VEVO or not?

Same happened with My Chemical Romance in 2009 because of a feud between Warner and Youtube. But it came to an end and MCR was back.

...and they broke up 4 years later :(

Well yeah, I agree, and you make valid points. But what does that have to do with whether they have a VEVO or not?

VEVO has this concept where they promote the popular songs. Its like either you're popular or t

you're ignored. Rock bands tend to popularize their sound to get the promotion and that rock goes away from them. Same thing happened with Coldplay. And VEVO is basically useless according to me. A lot of bands like LP, Foo Fighters etc are not on it and LP happens to be the most subscribed rock band. The most watched Youtube video wasnt on VEVO either. So why go to VEVO?

They're just re-thinking their image to coincide with the Norwegian Death Metal direction they're taking with their next album.

norwegian-black-metal-maniacs_o_757066.j

Great idea GD. Best album release in years.

the beginning of the end

that was the funniest and most upsetting thing I've read today

His?

Archived