Mike's Instagram post hints that something's coming...?

Punkfreak1414

he may have already mentioned it and i just missed it when scrolling through, but Andres: WHEN did you receive your little insider news? you can tell us that right?! lol

After Foreverly (so pretty recent). I think he said that he emailed to congratulate them on Foreverly and that's when he heard. I could be mistaken though.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to keep things in perspective with all this speculation. Remember billie said in an interview about a month ago that after soundwave green day would take a break. So i really doubt mikes hashtag meant for a new album or tour or something huge like that. Andres is honest with the fans and isnt gonna feed us bullshit and what he posted makes sense. I think the guys will keep quiet until soundwave when its likely theyll be interviewed when theyre in austrailia and they might give some hint to what to expect next.

So I went to the 99 Revolutions Tour wiki. In the Green Day Tour Chronology page it said Dookie 20th Anniversary Tour set for 2014. I mean its 99.9% that its just some asswhole messing around on wikipedia but we will have to wait to find out. Maybe Fuzz accepts bribes

I'm sure Andreas answered an ask,fm question the other day (came up on his twitter) guessing that Green Day wouldn't tour until 2015, although if he's to keep quite about it i suppose he couldn't made that up if what he's to keep quiet about is a tour. I'm 90% she it'll be something Dookie related

I haven't been told exactly what they're doing (besides the early days documentary). I've had some conversations that I'm basing my own speculation on, but it's not like I have Green Day's road-map for everything they're doing.

but it's not like I have Green Day's road-map for everything they're doing.

Not even a bus route...? :)

I'm so looking forward to whatever we're going to get next. Hopefully it means we can start planning again. :happy:

I haven't been told exactly what they're doing (besides the early days documentary). I've had some conversations that I'm basing my own speculation on, but it's not like I have Green Day's road-map for everything they're doing.

Lies, Billie phones you personally everyday and gives you a detailed report on the events of the day :P

So I went to the 99 Revolutions Tour wiki. In the Green Day Tour Chronology page it said Dookie 20th Anniversary Tour set for 2014. I mean its 99.9% that its just some asswhole messing around on wikipedia but we will have to wait to find out. Maybe Fuzz accepts bribes

Sometimes I really hate people who edit wikipedia :dry:

Well it is too late to get a much deserved deluxe reissue of Do

Well it is too late to get a much deserved deluxe reissue of Dookie out by feb 1st so I'm betting either another round of tour dates maybe secret shows or something or maybe a like side project tour. Those are both very unlikely so he probably just means the early years movie or something. But definitely not a new album. I'd expect that in maybe 2016 or 2017

Well it is too late to get a much deserved deluxe reissue of Dookie out by feb 1st

A reissue of Dookie does not have to be on the exact date, they could release it later in the year.

Forgive me if someone already mentioned this but i dont think ive seen anyone mention the possibility of then giving more info about maybe heart like a hand grenade? Or even the AI movie? Personally i doubt it but hey ya never know

Forgive me if someone already mentioned this but i dont think ive seen anyone mention the possibility of then giving more info about maybe heart like a hand grenade? Or even the AI movie? Personally i doubt it but hey ya never know

I think we all need to accept that the AI movie is never happening. Which is a good thing in my book.

Maybe there doing other international super hits kinda of thing? At this point of there carear it would only make sense to make one. Especially since the trilogy sales kinda flopped so the record company can make up for itby doing that. And I'm sure there be some new tracks or maybe even the remixed trilogy guitar versions on there. Idk just speculating but this makes the most sense to me.

Sometimes I really hate people who edit wikipedia :dry:

For all we know, Billie edited it hired someone to edit it to troll us. :lol:

For all we know, Billie edited it hired someone to edit it to troll us. :lol:

Ok can we get back to reality a little here? Billie is 41 not 14 I'm sure he has a little more going on in his life than feeling the need to troll a few needy fans by messing with a Wikipedia page or worse, being too incompetent to do so himself, hire a fool to do it for him. Also who the hell believes anything on Wikipedia anyway? Even Billie Joe's page is full of inaccuracies and it's the only one of the bands I've glanced at (hint he wasn't sober for a year before iHeart regardless of what gossip mags said glaring mistake that was pointless to even feature). Yeah I groan when someone references Wikipedia...it can be (and seemingly is) edited by bored ten year olds.

Maybe there doing other international super hits kinda of thing? At this point of there carear it would only make sense to make one. Especially since the trilogy sales kinda flopped so the record company can make up for itby doing that. And I'm sure there be some new tracks or maybe even the remixed trilogy guitar versions on there. Idk just speculating but this makes the most sense to me.

they just did the studio albums box set... But they have to do something

Not even a bus route...? :)

I hope there's more in Andres' pants than a bus route #nightlife

Ok can we get back to reality a little here? Billie is 41 not 14 I'm sure he has a little more going on in his life than feeling the need to troll a few needy fans by messing with a Wikipedia page or worse, being too incompetent to do so himself, hire a fool to do it for him. Also who the hell believes anything on Wikipedia anyway? Even Billie Joe's page is full of inaccuracies and it's the only one of the bands I've glanced at (hint he wasn't sober for a year before iHeart regardless of what gossip mags said glaring mistake that was pointless to even feature). Yeah I groan when someone references Wikipedia...it can be (and seemingly is) edited by bored ten year olds.

Just a joke...

Wikipedia thrives because of crowd sourcing facts, yet when the majority of the crowd is liable to fall for gossip or spread rumors, it malfunctions

I wonder if this has anything to do with Tre's recent partnership with SJC drums?

I wonder if this has anything to do with Tre's recent partnership with SJC drums?

Hhhmmm maybe he's made the partnership in prep for an upcoming tour.... hhhmmmmmm in stereo interesting :P

Hhhmmm maybe he's made the partnership in prep for an upcoming tour.... hhhmmmmmm in stereo interesting :P

Or studio recording???? Nahh it won't be but we can dream.

Or studio recording???? Nahh it won't be but we can dream.

It's unlikely but hey, none of us saw a trilogy of albums coming, and Foreverly pretty much came out of nowhere. It's entirely possible (though very unlikely) that Green Day will have a new album out in the summer. Again, VERY UNLIKELY, but entirely possible. :) They're unpredictable.

I'm excited! At this point in their career (not that they haven't always done this) I just want them to make whatever the fuck they want, and not try to cater to anyone.

I'm excited! At this point in their career (not that they haven't always done this) I just want them to make whatever the fuck they want, and not try to cater to anyone.

Exactly, I think they shouldn't care about commercial success anymore. I mean obviously it's nice to have a number 1 album, but I think they should just go on their own label and just make whatever the fuck they want.

Archived