Green Day donates a guitar for auction to benefit typhoon survivors

darenmay

Green Day donates a guitar to (Linkin Park's) Music for Relief auction to raise funds for those impacted by Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines.

RECEIVE A CUSTOM GIBSON LES PAUL AUTOGRAPHED GUITAR FROM BILLIE JOE ARMSTRONG OF GREEN DAY
15 days left to bid

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised for something so expensive they don't have photos of the guitar with his autograph.

it makes it look kind of shady, but I'm willing to not call scam until I hear more about it. It's possible they just haven't gotten around to it yet and just said "yeah, we'll donate a guitar."

I will be kinda dissapointed if it's gonna be that spray painted one which they showed there :mellow:

it makes it look kind of shady, but I'm willing to not call scam until I hear more about it. It's possible they just haven't gotten around to it yet and just said "yeah, we'll donate a guitar."

It's definitely not a scam, I think it's just laziness on someone's part.

Green Day donates a guitar to (Linkin Park's) Music for Relief auction to raise funds for those impacted by Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines.

I was going to make a thread about this :mad:

Linkin Park :wub:

I'm surprised for something so expensive they don't have photos of the guitar with his autograph.

Me too. I want a picture because there's no way I could buy that.

It's not a scam. Music for Relief is a really great charity. :)

I was going to make a thread about this :mad:

Linkin Park :wub:

Me too. I want a picture because there's no way I could buy that.

It's not a scam. Music for Relief is a really great charity. :)

I'm glad to know, and I'm happy they are doing that. They lose nothing by giving someone else everything, and that makes my fanboy ego that much bigger.

It's really cool to see my second favorite band doing something for the charity that my favorite band founded.

How much you want to bet that there are people bidding on the guitar thinking it's the one Billie is playing in the picture.

How much you want to bet that there are people bidding on the guitar thinking it's the one Billie is playing in the picture.

It could be.

Yeah I was wondering whether it's the one from the picture ... because that one is fucking beautiful!

Linkin Park always has big charity events like this. I love that they do that; and I love that Green Day are working with them in a way, even if it is helping through the auction! :)

It could be.

The fact it says it's a Custom Gibson Les Paul is really confusing. Does that mean it's a one of kind, and as such could be the one he's playing in the picture, or a Gibson Les Paul Custom, which is a different thing altogether? The ambiguity doesn't really help. That said, all the other listings have pictures of the item itself, so maybe that's a clue.

It could be.

I dunno I have a hard time imagining him giving away that guitar. Then again, I could be wrong. I guess we'll (maybe) find out.

• 2 weeks later...

It's great that they do stuff like this. It's a pretty small action on their part but it benefits a lot of people in many ways. :happy: Reminds me of when they give away guitars on stage...if that ever happened to me I would cling on to that guitar like my life depended on it.

I would have probably bid on it if it was the Sprayed Les Paul Special for 5k...but alas I got email confirmation it's just (still awesome...but not Billie's) a signature doublecut with a really big signature on it (pro tip for buying signed guitars....don't buy them with a signature on the body, you cant play them without fucking the signature up; pickguard then replace it with an unsigned one)

Archived