Heart Like A Hand Grenade

burnout409

I dont think Billie or anyone in the band is just keeping it back...

Maybe they just wanted to wait for the anniversary

Since folks like blaming labels maybe Warner and GD couldnt come to terms (as Andres review states they used audio from AI itself means GD cant release it without getting Warner's pernission to use the audio (as GD doesnt own 100% of the albums GD owns the publishing but not the actual masters meaning if they leave they cant just up and re-release AI on Bum Fuck Road Records) who knows hopefully this movie will be released as I'd love to watch it from Andres review sounds better than Cautro...

Ha ha what I said about Billie Joe was a joke anyway :lol:

It'd be great if they wait for the anniversary; this album deserves something huge to celebrate its 10 years!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw the last update was on Billie's birthday -since last year. And I can't believe they're (actually HE, but I mean they're all on that together; the film's about the band :rolleyes: ) not even a little ashamed on saying it took 9 months to shoot and the "release" 10 -long- years. Every fan wants to see this knowing there is an actual thing that was only showed once just to a bunch of lucky people; but if he doesn't keep his promise then it would be the greatest let down of year :lol: To me, at least... =/ Anyway I love the cut from Fuse, it's one of my favorite videos and if that's all we gonna get after all, I guess it's pretty cool!

What I wonder is if this is happening behind their back or something... I hope not. Maybe Billie's the one who's holding it back 'cause he doesn't want anyone to see his friends' private parts :ga:

In the end it would be like:

tumblr_n19x5fw1No1s9m9kro1_250.png

nevermind_nathan_fillion.gif

lUhArZh.jpg

No, seriously. What's your point?

There is no point, I was just rendered literately speechless.

Ha ha what I said about Billie Joe was a joke anyway :lol:

It'd be great if they wait for the anniversary; this album deserves something huge to celebrate its 10 years!

Id say if it dont come out this year or next year (if Reprise keeps up this releasing anniversary releases a year later...) then probally wont come out unless they think itd be a huge thing for 20th...

Id say if it dont come out this year or next year (if Reprise keeps up this releasing anniversary releases a year later...) then probally wont come out unless they think itd be a huge thing for 20th...

20 years tho.

20 years tho.

I dunno I just dont see HLAHG being worthy of being held for the 20th to drive up sales...

I could be wrong tho I just see the 10th being the main year for that as the majority of the casual fans who even know about it are in their 20's or even older (like when AI turns 20 I'll be 52 and who knows if I will even care then)

labels tend to ignore the older generations and target the younger crowds and who the fuck knows what music will be popular in 20 years with the way music is going now...

I think last time when John was at it again with promise of a release, he was jumping the gun a little. He lost a lot of the rights to the film when it was finished and handed to Warner. He's just the guy that happened to make it. What's different this time, then? Yeah we've got the 10th anniversary of AI but like all the other times, only John is saying that it will be released. He has no control of the film anyway. I'll be surprised if this ends up being released, to be honest. I don't even know anymore at this point

I don't think Warner held it back.

I dont either I just threw it out cause some like to blame the label for everything else lol

I'm slow and just now noticed this. I wish I knew though, I would've asked people at warner :( It would be amazing if this was released, it's about time.

I don't think Warner held it back.

HHAHAHAHAHAHA

that is the funniest thing I've ever read in my life because warner is so strict and would hold back the release.

HHAHAHAHAHAHA

that is the funniest thing I've ever read in my life because warner is so strict and would hold back the release.

A joke right?

A joke right?

Not at all :lol: Warner is really strict and a little overprotective. I mean, they're a great company and a great label though! :P

Not at all :lol: Warner is really strict and a little overprotective. I mean, they're a great company and a great label though! :P

They are not really strict if they were they wouldnt have let GD do the trilogy

They are not really strict if they were they wouldnt have let GD do the trilogy

umm...why wouldn't they let green day do the trilogy? That would be their "product", producing an album is something warner is pretty much always okay with, producing a documentary they didn't "make", is a different story!

umm...why wouldn't they let green day do the trilogy? That would be their "product", producing an album is something warner is pretty much always okay with, producing a documentary they didn't "make", is a different story!

They didnt make Cautro but yet that got released...

Trilogies are a risky moves they had plenty of reasons to say no or do a double...

4 years of working at WMG (when they were actually owned by Warner) they are not THAT strict as you are trying to make them out to be

They didnt make Cautro but yet that got released...

Trilogies are a risky moves they had plenty of reasons to say no or do a double...

4 years of working at WMG (when they were actually owned by Warner) they are not THAT strict as you are trying to make them out to be

dude, as in make, I meant it was something they could put their name on. Trilogies are risky, but that's a big step for warner anyway, they really are strict about what they put out and who their clients are. For gods sake, if you enter warner and mention one thing about Billie Joe's rehab, they will kick you out, if you work there, you're fired. They are extremely strict about their label, work, and people.

dude, as in make, I meant it was something they could put their name on. Trilogies are risky, but that's a big step for warner anyway, they really are strict about what they put out and who their clients are. For gods sake, if you enter warner and mention one thing about Billie Joe's rehab, they will kick you out, if you work there, you're fired. They are extremely strict about their label, work, and people.

LMFAO ok...

And your basis for this is? Your evidence?

Mind you I worked for WMG and STILL do occasional work with Atlantic... so please what evidence of this so called strictness?

Will WMG kick you out? Well yes if you dont have an appointment or a badge as WMG is NOT a public building

I'm slow and just now noticed this. I wish I knew though, I would've asked people at warner :( It would be amazing if this was released, it's about time.

HHAHAHAHAHAHA

I didn't say they weren't capable of holding it up, but based on my own conversations, I don't believe they were the reason why it was.

Oh, so you're one of those guys who thinks that just because you've had one experience, everyone must have had that experience> The fact is, you WORKED for Warner but any band who is signed to the label is on a CONTRACT which is totally different to a job. You don't know how they deal with their bands on a contract, you only know what it's like to be working for them. There could be many, many restrictions and compromising with a band contract

The moral of the story is, speak for yourself not for others.

Turk out.

LMFAO ok...

And your basis for this is? Your evidence?

Mind you I worked for WMG and STILL do occasional work with Atlantic... so please what evidence of this so called strictness?

Will WMG kick you out? Well yes if you dont have an appointment or a badge as WMG is NOT a public building

My "evidence" is that I actually know the staff working for Green Day over at Warner, and I know quite a bit about their job, what they do, and how they make decisions. And as for kicking out, they WILL kick you out for being disrespectful, I've seen it happen myself. Also, if I lived in the area, I would be an intern for this area of the company as they do one of the jobs I'm going to school for. Plus, you can't even get into warner without a badge or appointment so obviously they'll kick you out for sneaking in?

Archived