Heart Like A Hand Grenade

burnout409

John Roecker says that #HeartLikeAHandGrenade UK showings are coming & so is a DVD release by the end of 2015.

Very cool! I probably wouldn't want to bother going all the way to London or whatever for it so I doubt I'll see it in a cinema myself if this happens, but good for anyone who wants to. The DVD part pleases me more :D 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What theater???

Also, not all shows are available on Fandango.  It might show on Fandango, but that doesn't mean you buy the tickets through there.   

Landmark Sunshine Cinema, around the 2nd Ave station.

•   

Check my page on Monday at 12 noon Pacific Standard Time because the trailer for my film Heart Like a Hand Grenade is going to drop! And it is very sexy! Also On Oct. 15th I will be doing a Q and A for the Hollywood Arc Light and then we are going to have a big party. So love to see you and you will love to see me because I am going to give away limited lithographs, t-shirts and relics from the movie. Thanks again for all the support. https://www.facebook.com/events/1518791631746276/

More than 10 years after the release of American Idiot, 2015 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees Green Day present "Heart Like A Hand Grenade." This time capsule rock doc takes us inside the songwriting and recording process of their Grammy Award winning punk rock opera.

SCREENING AT ARCLIGHT (Invite says 7pm but TIME IS TBA! Will update here.)

AFTERPARTY to follow at ST. FELIX down the street.
Roecker's Melody will perform LIVE + surprise music guests.
SPECIAL VIDEOS SCREENED THROUGHOUT THE NIGHT
DJ LINA LECARO spins rock & punk.

•   

Check my page on Monday at 12 noon Pacific Standard Time because the trailer for my film Heart Like a Hand Grenade is going to drop! And it is very sexy! Also On Oct. 15th I will be doing a Q and A for the Hollywood Arc Light and then we are going to have a big party. So love to see you and you will love to see me because I am going to give away limited lithographs, t-shirts and relics from the movie. Thanks again for all the support. https://www.facebook.com/events/1518791631746276/

More than 10 years after the release of American Idiot, 2015 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees Green Day present "Heart Like A Hand Grenade." This time capsule rock doc takes us inside the songwriting and recording process of their Grammy Award winning punk rock opera.

SCREENING AT ARCLIGHT (Invite says 7pm but TIME IS TBA! Will update here.)

AFTERPARTY to follow at ST. FELIX down the street.
Roecker's Melody will perform LIVE + surprise music guests.
SPECIAL VIDEOS SCREENED THROUGHOUT THE NIGHT
DJ LINA LECARO spins rock & punk.

"surprise music guests"

My mom and I just ordered our tickets for the Milwaukee showing at the Downer Theatre! If there are any other GDC members going to that showing, please let me know and maybe we can meet up there.

Looking forward to seeing this finally, but it really feels a year too late. Releasing it for the 10 year anniversary would have made much more sense. The hype train may have left the station. 

didn't john have issues with getting it released and stuff, though? or was that a long time ago..

didn't john have issues with getting it released and stuff, though? or was that a long time ago..

If you go to John's Facebook and read back you can see what's been going on or even directly ask him a question and he'll answer you. He's really friendly to people who ask him stuff even if he doesn't know them. I'm not trying to be short with you it's just that an article was written based off speculation and assumption on this forum about the movie rather than going to the very accessible source. A lot of people on here have an asshole opinion of John because they were annoyed they had to wait so long for the movie/documentary. I got ridiculed a few months back for saying I believed him when he announced it was coming out this year in fall. If you want to actually know what the story is go to John ;) 

So is this JUST happening on the 15th, or will it be screened for a couple days after? 

I'm still trying to figure this out myself! I haven't heard anything about other days, but idk if I've seen a "ONE NIGHT ONLY" type of statement, either. Because that would sure make it a hell of a lot easier for people to see it in the theaters if they have work/school on Friday. I'll drive up on the 15th to see it by myself, but I'd rather wait another day or two and go with a group.

It seems to be having a Montage Of Heck type release of one night only when you go to buy tickets on line it's only giving you the option of buying for the 15th if it was more days they'd give more dates 

The theaters in Maricopa, Arizona; Cathedral City, California and Mission Valley Hazard Center in San Diego, all owned by UltraStar, also show screenings at 7:30 p.m. Oct 19 in addition to ones 7:30 Oct. 15.

Boulder, Colorado, also lists a screening it 10:30 p.m. Oct. 16. (The greenday.com listing also says this.)

Littleton, Colorado lists one at 9:30 p.m. Oct. 19 and ONLY that day, no Oct. 15 one shows up (going against what GD.com says). Kansas City is showing 6 p.m. Nov. 1 ONLY (again, going against what greenday.com says). These are both at Alamo Drafthouses.

Santa Ana, California, is only showing it 8 p.m. Oct. 22 (which is what greenday.com says).

The Landmark Theatres website isn't working for me, and they seem to be operating a good chunk of the theaters showing this, so who knows what they're up to. As of right now, it sounds like it's mostly a one-night only thing. Unless the additional UltraStar and Boulder dates are canceled/were put up in error, it sounds like it may be up to individual theaters (and audience demand) if they want to add more. And the Alamo/Santa Ana dates show that Oct. 15 is not, like, the final date the movie can be played before it turns into a pumpkin at midnight. And we're still more than three weeks away, so frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if at least one theater adds another screening as we get closer to the date, and based on the email address on GD.com, they're still open to adding more movie theaters in general, so who knows! :lol:

All that's on the official listing is a couple California film festivals beforehand, and then Oct. 15...

for those of you outside the USA, were you able to view the trailer for Heart Like a Hand Grenade on the Rolling Stone article and also at Heartlikeahandgrenade.com?

Thanks

Brian

Hi Brian, yes can see both in the UK.  Really hoping for DVD or Bluray release though as have never had Broadway Idiot available on more than download so can't see the extra/deleted scenes. Really frustrating.  Very excited to hear this is finally coming out and can't wait to see it.  ThAnks for asking.

If you go to John's Facebook and read back you can see what's been going on or even directly ask him a question and he'll answer you. He's really friendly to people who ask him stuff even if he doesn't know them. I'm not trying to be short with you it's just that an article was written based off speculation and assumption on this forum about the movie rather than going to the very accessible source. A lot of people on here have an asshole opinion of John because they were annoyed they had to wait so long for the movie/documentary. I got ridiculed a few months back for saying I believed him when he announced it was coming out this year in fall. If you want to actually know what the story is go to John ;) 

i don't really care to be honest.

My interview in the new issue of Kerrang " The Most Important thing Ever!".. well not sure about that but.....4 pages! England has always been so supportive!

Lisa Johnson Congrats, John! Everyone should come see some of John Roecker's artifacts from the MAKING of Heart Like A Hand Grenade: The Making of American Idiot at It's Not Dead Fest: http://www.itsnotdeadfestival.com/attractions/

John Roecker Thanks to Lisa Johnson for setting the Kerrang! interview up! And go see the It's Not Dead Fest..and see her Green Day photos at the after party for HLAHG in Los Angeles. Did I forget anything???

i can't believe this is actually coming out. i feel like i'm living in an alternate universe

is this the GDA forum or the bj.com forum?

Well that's just odd. On the website it says that it's playing at a theatre near me, but when I go to see showtimes it says that there isnt any. Then when I click "reserve tickets" they show all of these other special releases (like the Attack on Titan movie which is coming out in october apparently) but not that one. Urgh. Not cool, wait my luck I'm probably going to miss it. 

John says of the release: “This film does not contain high drama or fighting. It shows a band on top of their game creating incredible music. It is a film that inspires. It is also a very small film. All it took was a box of tapes and one camera. Going back to the D.I.Y. Ethic that I was raised with. It was also a risk for the band because this album was either going to take them to a higher level or sink them. Either way I was going to document it.”

http://www.kerrang.com/35839/watch-trailer-green-days-heart-like-hand-grenade/

Archived