Blue made from Fernandes Strat for sale!

Jet Taman

Sorry, sorry, don't mean to promote or anything, but I just wanted to let you, the TRUE Green Day fans, that I have posted my best Blue replica yet using a Fernandes Strat copy, Seymour Duncan pickup in slanted bridge position, vintage 8 hole pickguard, and vintage tuners. This is as close to the real thing that you can get.

This would be a great gift to ask for!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221322531280

Wow, that is fantastic! Good work! Wish I could afford it :P

Do you intend to go into making more of these or is it a one off?

Edit: I've just read the listing, and I see not. But with a Squier, maybe?

Wow, that is fantastic! Good work! Wish I could afford it :P

Do you intend to go into making more of these or is it a one off?

Edit: I've just read the listing, and I see not. But with a Squier, maybe?

He runs a website called bjguitars.com where he makes these guitars using replica strats :)

He runs a website called bjguitars.com where he makes these guitars using replica strats :)

Yeah I've seen it, it's awesome :) I just meant with this specific slanted humbucker setup.

Yeah I've seen it, it's awesome :) I just meant with this specific slanted humbucker setup.

He tends to make them without them but there's nothing stopping you from buying one and having one installed yourself :)

Why is it so cheap?

haha, yeah, good question. Apparently ebay feels that I will "attract more buyers" if I start with a low price. I can tell you that it is worth (or at least I paid) a lot more than the starting bid.

haha, yeah, good question. Apparently ebay feels that I will "attract more buyers" if I start with a low price. I can tell you that it is worth (or at least I paid) a lot more than the starting bid.

I figured you would at least start with the $350 that the others cost :lol:

I figured you would at least start with the $350 that the others cost :lol:

I did and then I thought it looked like too much and I revised it. Hey if someone gets it for cheaper then Merry Christmas to them. I'm all about making Green Day fans happy.

I did and then I thought it looked like too much and I revised it. Hey if someone gets it for cheaper then Merry Christmas to them. I'm all about making Green Day fans happy.

What's the minimum price you'll let it go for?

I was actually just about to send him a link to that website, haha.

Anyways, yes these look like terrific guitars, I've seen the site, and I've always wanted one! Nice job man!

What's the minimum price you'll let it go for?

Apparently $150 haha, but we'll see...

Are the fernandes guitars hard to come by or something?

The 1980's models, yes. They were built were the same headstocks as Fender but had to change them after being sued. Finding with one with the right headstock can range from $400 - $1000.

Apparently $150 haha, but we'll see...

Seriously? That's awesome! My dad said there was probably a reserve, so I was checking. I think I know what I'm asking for for Christmas :)

Are the fernandes guitars hard to come by or something?

Yes. Very. One of the reasons is that the headstock is the same exact shape as a Fender. Believe it or not, the Fender headstock shape is copyrighted and Fernandes only were able to have this headstock for a brief amount of time until Fender filed a lawsuit. You'll notice that any guitar that has that distinct Fender shape for the body has a slight variance on the headstock.

Wow, it's up to $1000! There's no way I'm getting it now, but I hope you make a huge profit from this. :)

Only thing that isnt right is that the humbucker should be white ;)

other than that it is 100 percent!

Only thing that isnt right is that the humbucker should be white ;)

other than that it is 100 percent!

He's used white humbuckers and black ones so it is correct.

He's used white humbuckers and black ones so it is correct.

in the majority of 94 it was white.

Archived