Your thoughts on Foreverly

Spike

I'm hopefully getting it tomorrow! Just one question, in what way is the album dark?, I'm guessing its to do with the lyrical content, I'm not really overly familiar with the songs.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got an email from Amazon saying the CD is shipped! Hopefully I'll get it before Thursday.

I've heard several of the songs now. I really dig Norah's voice. The harmonies are great, however part of me feels that Billie's voice is not good with these songs. I'm not sure what it is exactly, but I think his voice may be too nasally and higher for these kind of songs. I want a smooth low voice with these songs. Norah's voice is easy like Sunday morning, but Billie's is not. And I don't think it ever will be. Which is fine. But I think in some parts of the songs his voice disrupts the low, slow, easy vibe of these songs.

I dunno I'll have more of an opinion once my CD arrives and I can listen to it more

I don't believe that there is a problem for someone with a high voice for such songs. Just listen to the original from Everly Brothers. They were too young in 1958 with high voices but the "magic" was in the harmonies and the simplicity. The harmonies in Foreverly are great and I believe that this is all that matters.

My fav song of the album is Barbara Allen (mainly for BJ's parts I confess, although I love Norah's voice too), and not only I could hear Billie in another kind of music, but also discover the Everly Brothers and, more important, the lyrics. They really moved me, especially for Barbara Allen and Silver haired daddy o'mine.

Over all, a really good album, I didn't expect to enjoy it so much.

Normally, I don't listen to Country or genres like that but I was pleasantly surprised :) Billie's and Norah's voices compliment each other so well.

These two voices together is the equivalent of pouring warm, sweet caramel into my ear.

I didn't know anything about the lyrics on this album so I was like :o when I realized what they actually were about XD Soon my favorites turned out to be the swampy Down In The Willow Garden, Barbara Allen & Oh So Many Years. I love the contrast in Down In The Willow Garden. Until the beginning of the 2nd verse you believe it's only about 2 lovers :P [spoiler alert] then it becomes a murder song with execution in the end >:-) I like that. Barbara Allen: I have to admit I'm really fond of this song because it has so many "Billie-only" parts :blush::woot:
I love the guitar part in Oh So Many Years (at 1:08) and the whole Rockabilly /Norahbillie vibe of the song.
Every time I listen to the last one, Put My Little Shoes Away, I cry :cry: I have a lot of feelings, k?
To add, I googled the history behind the "Songs Our Daddy Taught Us" songs and I was fascinated.

5 out of 5 Flo stars :ga:

Haven't listened to it all the way through yet, think some of the slower songs might not be my thing, but I really like Silver Haired Daddy, and a few of the others, and his voice sounds really great (I knew he was good, but I think this shows he is even better than many of his/GD fans thought). Noticed its no 27 on UK itunes, don't know if it was higher earlier in the day, but I think that's quite good.

Just got past listening to the first song and I already forgot this was Billie Joe, but I love it so far

No matter how good or not it is, I will not be buying it, downloading it or listening to it or watching any videos even for free. Everyone knows why too. I hope one day, Billie Joe will get the confience and belief in himself to put his idea into practice and but until then no project or anything will be purchased until that happens which I don't think will happen any time soon. :sorry::( - I dont like watching someone being walked all over and taken advantage of - I cannot sit and watch as he and his ideas are trampled on and stolen and adopted as their own while contributing next to nothing. Cyber beat me if you want I dont give a f**k anymore..

"I’m so glad that Billie Joe Armstrong has now finished his stint in rehab for his sex addiction, which he entered last year, if I’m not mistaken. I wish that epitome of punk music, with all his corporate profits and learjets and all that, all the luck in the world since sex addiction can be almost as bad as being addicted to working…a lot. Adding Norah Jones, who is an Indian, is pretty sweet, too"

i just saw this on a Foreverly review and almost pissed myself

No matter how good or not it is, I will not be buying it, downloading it or listening to it or watching any videos even for free. Everyone knows why too. I hope one day, Billie Joe will get the confience and belief in himself to put his idea into practice and but until then no project or anything will be purchased until that happens which I don't think will happen any time soon. :sorry::( - I dont like watching someone being walked all over and taken advantage of - I cannot sit and watch as he and his ideas are trampled on and stolen and adopted as their own while contributing next to nothing. Cyber beat me if you want I dont give a f**k anymore..

Please just tell me you're a troll. Seriously...please. If you're not, I suggest making your way into the advice forums and seeking some assistance in there.

If you had a truly artistic mindset, you wouldn't want people to be so one-dimensional.

"I’m so glad that Billie Joe Armstrong has now finished his stint in rehab for his sex addiction, which he entered last year, if I’m not mistaken. I wish that epitome of punk music, with all his corporate profits and learjets and all that, all the luck in the world since sex addiction can be almost as bad as being addicted to working…a lot. Adding Norah Jones, who is an Indian, is pretty sweet, too"

Sex addiction?! :lol: wtf.

I havent listened to it yet but i imagine i would like it, i like smoother relaxed billie joe

If you had a truly artistic mindset, you wouldn't want people to be so one-dimensional.

He's not hating on it cause of the music but because Adrienne is stealing the credit for Billie's idea...

He's mad cause Adrienne wouldn't give him the time of the day...

OMG :lol::lol: can't tell if serious or troll

OMG :lol::lol: can't tell if serious or troll

they gave the album five stars though haha but yea I'm pretty sure it's trolling

I love Billie's voice in it. It blends well with Norah's and the harmony is intricate. He makes sure it's not overpowering her voice. The songs are really good.

20131125_115700_zps47e50351.jpg

Had to go to 5 different stores to find it as other stores all "cds don't come out til tuesday..."

Really like the album. Wasn't expecting it to be so dark though, kind of caught me off guard but in a good way. My top 3 at the moment would have to be Long Time Gone, Barbara Allen, and Put My Little Shoes Away. Rockin' Alone (In An Old Rockin' Chair) is a close one too.

I'm not the biggest country fan in the world, but I do enjoy a good folk song here and there, especially because of Mexican folk music. I think Billie pulled the genre off particularly well, considering there is some stuff in the GD catalog (On The Wagon comes to mind) that has a similar jazzy, folky vibe.

The vocals are the spotlight here, but I love what they did with some of the background instruments. The brushes, the floppy bass, the subtle guitars; it all makes for a really tasteful, dark, even soothing record.

I do think that the mostly harmonic vocals are a bit of a detriment to the record, however, since they really hold each singer back from the powerful, more open vocals that they're both suited for. Some songs would have really benefited from that oomph, but they still manage to get by with the harmonies. That being said, their voices are still really pleasant together, and as a whole I found it to be a really solid, enjoyable listen. I really want a new Green Day record now.

20131125_115700_zps47e50351.jpg

Had to go to 5 different stores to find it as other stores all "cds don't come out til tuesday..."

Lucky! In México comes out until tomorrow, sadly, where i live, there's only two cd stores, so i can't ask in other :(

Can't wait to listen to it! :pinch:

He's not hating on it cause of the music but because Adrienne is stealing the credit for Billie's idea...

He's mad cause Adrienne wouldn't give him the time of the day...

Wow that's even dumber

I think he should go back to Green Day. They come out with 3 albums and then just kinda let them sit there. haha. But really, i think its pretty cool that he can expand to different genres. He's a very good musician.

I think he should go back to Green Day. They come out with 3 albums and then just kinda let them sit there. haha. But really, i think its pretty cool that he can expand to different genres. He's a very good musician.

it's only a side project....

Eh, this album isn't for me. I respect Billie's willingness to go out and do something like this and the music certainly sounds good, but I just couldn't see myself ever listening to it again.

Archived