Why do people hate Uno, Dos, or Tre?

peppermint butler

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a strange thread to have for the 1 year anniversary of this Album.

I think it says it all that no one even remembered it's been a year :P

Dos's only redeemable quality is that there's boobs on back of the album case.

*Everybody runs to go check

I made a mix cd of the Foxboro cd and added Highway 1 plus Fuck Time Wild One Stray Heart Lady Cobra WOW! That's Loud

Great mix

No makeout party?

I made a mix cd of the Foxboro cd and added Highway 1 plus Fuck Time Wild One Stray Heart Lady Cobra WOW! That's Loud

Great mix

See, I'd do Fuck Time, SWTRLF, Makeout Party, Lady Cobra, and Wow! That's loud. I wouldn't throw Stray Heart or Wild One in there

*Everybody runs to go check

No makeout party?

While the music is good I hate HATE the lyrics its an automatic skip

See, I'd do Fuck Time, SWTRLF, Makeout Party, Lady Cobra, and Wow! That's loud. I wouldn't throw Stray Heart or Wild One in there

Stray heart has the same sound it works on the mix same with Wild One

Makeout Party I can't stand and try to block out that it exsist (unless an instrumental ever gets leaked...)

Never thought about SWTRLF...

I really like Dos...its fun and there are some great lyrics eg Baby Eyes. I dont like Nightlife or Make Out Party much but I dont think they are bad songs. LOVE Stray Heart, Wow That's Loud + SWTRLF live.

Not sure where you got the idea that everyone hates Dos. =/ Lots of people love it! I do too.

Because of all Green Day's albums, it feels like it has the most filler. It doesn't really have any outstanding "Wow, this is Green Day at their best" moments for me. Uno has songs like Let Yourself Go or Oh Love, Tre has Brutal Love or a song like 99 Revolutions, but Dos just doesn't have that.

I think beyond Fuck Time, Nightlife and Amy everything seems very rushed. There doesn't seem to be much interplay between the vocals and the music, which is one of the things Green Day have always been best at. A lot of the transitions are weak, and they basically seem to have come up with a few chord progressions and lyrics, and some weak melodies, and called them songs. There's a lot more songwriting to that. They just don't seem like well crafted songs, at all.

Also, in response to the "it should be a Tubbies album" comments:

Foxboro is only a side project because they chose to make it one, and they chose to release Dos as Green Day, so it must have felt right. They're the same members playing the same instruments, so I fail to see how it's not the same band. I mean, I understand side projects and putting a different name on records so you have the freedom to do something different, but by the same logic they've also got the freedom to release the 'different' stuff as Green Day. Or are you telling me that if you change the band name from Green Day to Foxboro in iTunes the album will be a more enjoyable listen?

Well, in my case I love ¡DOS!

I think maybe I'm the only one who think this is the best album ever released since warning??? (Yeah, AI and 21st CB are not "so" fantastic for me)

Now, in my opinion, this album is a big "FUCK YOU" to all the Green Day "Poppy sound" fans, basically a kind of "Insomniac" phenomena. Both albums are really dark, too. I think saying that this record feels "outdated" is a poor argument. I mean, according to that argument, Dookie is so outdated because 18 years before there were punk bands that did this type of sound...

I love the dirty non sense rock n' roll, and of course the dark vibe present on this album too. Green Day hasn't been a band with a social/political message all the time, this album just show us another aspect of life when you have no control about partying hard: The fun, the hysteria, the non-sense, the use of drugs and drinking alcohol and, of course, sex!!

This album is in my top 3, could be my favorite but it is Amy (Personally, I consider it just a kind of "filler B-side"). Happy B-day btw!! :D

Well, in my case I love ¡DOS!

I think maybe I'm the only one who think this is the best album ever released since warning??? (Yeah, AI and 21st CB are not "so" fantastic for me)

Now, in my opinion, this album is a big "FUCK YOU" to all the Green Day "Poppy sound" fans, basically a kind of "Insomniac" phenomena. Both albums are really dark, too. I think saying that this record feels "outdated" is a poor argument. I mean, according to that argument, Dookie is so outdated because 18 years before there were punk bands that did this type of sound...

I love the dirty non sense rock n' roll, and of course the dark vibe present on this album too. Green Day hasn't been a band with a social/political message all the time, this album just show us another aspect of life when you have no control about partying hard: The fun, the hysteria, the non-sense, the use of drugs and drinking alcohol and, of course, sex!!

This album is in my top 3, could be my favorite but it is Amy (Personally, I consider it just a kind of "filler B-side"). Happy B-day btw!! :D

I disagree with what you said about Amy. It is a fitting end to an album which in my opinion is about being out of control with drugs & drinking just like Amy's end & it clearly shows billie can write about anything he puts his mind to.

Nope I love ¡Dos!, it's my favourite album for the Trilogy behind ¡Tre! and by far ahead of ¡Uno! (which is pretty sucky, the first five tracks just about get away with it).

I love rock 'n' roll and to me the album fills that part of my music taste pretty well, it's the album I've always wanted Green Day to make because they can do it so well. Shame it's been neglected but it was nice to see them pull some of it out at the Foxboro Hot Tubs show recently.

Nope I love ¡Dos!, it's my favourite album for the Trilogy behind ¡Tre! and by far ahead of ¡Uno! (which is pretty sucky, the first five tracks just about get away with it).

I love rock 'n' roll and to me the album fills that part of my music taste pretty well, it's the album I've always wanted Green Day to make because they can do it so well. Shame it's been neglected but it was nice to see them pull some of it out at the Foxboro Hot Tubs show recently.

There're only about 3 or 4 rock n roll/garagey songs on the record though. What about the rest?

There're only about 3 or 4 rock n roll/garagey songs on the record though. What about the rest?

I guess not, it just appeals more to my taste in music than the other records. It's not in Green Day's normal style, was probably what I should have said (I'm too tired to think logically). But it's not all killer admittedly (Ashley and Baby Eyes could have been swapped out) but I do quite like Nightlife :ninja:

I like it more now than on my firsts listenings

have very good songs but thinking on GD discography it is, together wit 21st CB, the worst GD albuns

I like it more now than on my firsts listenings

have very good songs but thinking on GD discography it is, together wit 21st CB, the worst GD albuns

21st CB is my most played GD album.

Probably should start a thread why does everyone hate UNO

Ceadog ;)

21st CB is my most played GD album.

Probably should start a thread why does everyone hate UNO

Ceadog ;)

well 21st CB has great songs: The Glorias!?, Murder City, Peacemaker, 21st Century Breakdown. Good Songs: Last of the American Girls, Static Age, Know Your Enemy.. and somethings that I just listen because it is Green Day.. I think it has too many songs.. so overall it is a mediocre album

It's not the way that i like Green Day

I don't know why everyone hates DOS either, I think it's a great album and it was and maybe still is my favourite of the trilogy. C'mon: SWTRLF, Lazy Bones, F**k Time, Makeout Party, Wow that's Loud! etc. Just awesome!

I still fail to sense filler on ¡Dos!.

*cough*carpediem*cough*

Baby Eyes Ashley Makeout Party are for sure filler...

I still fail to sense filler on ¡Dos!.

*cough*carpediem*cough*

What CrackerTim said.

Also Carpe Diem would have been great if they hadn't completely fucked up the recording of it.

Carpe Diem isn't a bad song per se it just a sing that shouldn't have clean tones applied to it

but it's a whole meaningless album (imo) instead of criticising our society they represent it. poor.

lazy bones, wild one, ashley or amy are not meaningless in my opinion.

Archived