Billie Joe filming movie in New York - Like Sunday Like Rain

desertrose

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, if I'm not mistaken this film comes out tomorrow? Is it a straight-to-DVD release, and if so does anybody know how it will be accessible to International people?

I guess the current state of Green Day makes me excited to watch even a movie that is likely bad, just to feel that they are up to something, or maybe get a glimpse of how it will be when, and if, Billie Joe stars in the AI movie.

The release date is what IMDB lists as the US Release. The date coincides with what IMDB has for the opening of the Mill Valley Film Festival. I don't think it is in wide release today.

Going to this tonight! Will let you know tomorrow about the film and what Billie Joe has to say.

Going to this tonight! Will let you know tomorrow about the film and what Billie Joe has to say.

OMG I'm so (jealous) happy for you !!

Have a great time :happy:

Have fun. Hopefully you'll enjoy the movie too.

if possible film on your phone billies scenes ;) or at least take a sneaky photo, HAVE FUN!!!

if possible film on your phone billies scenes ;) or at least take a sneaky photo, HAVE FUN!!!

Way to try to get her federal charges lmao

No one has to know it was her ;) I just really badly want to see him scenes, seeing as there's no way thus far to view them in Australia

Great movie, funny, Billie Joe was great. He didn't talk much. I said hi to Adrienne and wished her Happy Birthday! Billie Joe walked right passed me, he was totally mobbed by photographers and kids wanting autographs., Crazy. I wish they would just be cool and leave him alone, it was a fun night anyway. I was sitting in front row in the theater and at the end they came up on stage and talked a bit about the movie. Billie Joe talked about how he was asked to be in the movie and his part. A few questions from audience and no body asked the actors anything, just the director. Overall a great film and great seeing Billie Joe again. Going to after party now.

BzUVOKtIcAACXq2.jpg

BzUQKojCUAA0q14.jpg

1389918_367909383373616_827766002_n.jpg

10693582_1542504532649885_125596219_n.jp

tumblr_nd209gK3Xo1smn15zo1_1280.jpg

10520386_1572917292931177_1354261970_n.j

This is awesome! New photos of billie are always the best!!! Sounds like you had an awesome night, very jealous ;)

Great movie, funny, Billie Joe was great. He didn't talk much. I said hi to Adrienne and wished her Happy Birthday! Billie Joe walked right passed me, he was totally mobbed by photographers and kids wanting autographs., Crazy. I wish they would just be cool and leave him alone, it was a fun night anyway. I was sitting in front row in the theater and at the end they came up on stage and talked a bit about the movie. Billie Joe talked about how he was asked to be in the movie and his part. A few questions from audience and no body asked the actors anything, just the director. Overall a great film and great seeing Billie Joe again.

BzUVOKtIcAACXq2.jpg

BzUQKojCUAA0q14.jpg

So was his acting good??? From the reviews I thought he might be the comic relief. He looks great, so healthy, great to see.

How fabulous! Thanks for the recap and photos! And Billie is looking great it has to be said :D

Great movie, funny, Billie Joe was great. He didn't talk much. I said hi to Adrienne and wished her Happy Birthday! Billie Joe walked right passed me, he was totally mobbed by photographers and kids wanting autographs., Crazy. I wish they would just be cool and leave him alone, it was a fun night anyway. I was sitting in front row in the theater and at the end they came up on stage and talked a bit about the movie. Billie Joe talked about how he was asked to be in the movie and his part. A few questions from audience and no body asked the actors anything, just the director. Overall a great film and great seeing Billie Joe again.

BzUVOKtIcAACXq2.jpg

BzUQKojCUAA0q14.jpg

I forgot one question, did they say if the movie was going to have a theatrical release?

Did not say if would have a theatrical release.

Yeah it was great, Billie Joe is great, I talked to him at the after party. He is just a great guy. It was nice not to see all over zealous fans at this, who ruin it for them when they are on tour and just get in their face. This was relaxed and he was nice and talked about movies, life and music. Overall both He and Adrienne are great individuals. I am glad to have had the chance to be there. Movie was fun, the whole night was very entertaining. Billie Joe has a small part in the movie not more than 5-7 minutes total.

The review posted on the last page refers to Billie's performance as mediocre! Better than horrible for this guy

Imbalance is the film’s main affliction, with some great performances (Meester, Shatkin) being brought down by mediocre ones (Armstrong), and some touching moments (Reggie and Eleanor laying on the grass, exchanging glances) stamped out by distractingly poor ones (every fake-sounding scene between Reggie and his one school buddy). The best thing the film has going for it is the chemistry between Meester and Shatkin, who work so well together that their age discrepancy melts away, and notions of romance don’t feel so irksome. The film isn’t nearly well-crafted enough to support their efforts, though.

Well, I think it depends a lot on the reviewer how he or she perceives the film (and even whether they like the actors or the director or the genre or...). I don´t think too much of critics.

Film Review - Like Sunday, Like Rain

The big question that everyone will be asking is “can Billy Joel Armstrong act?” And the answer is, “yes, erm kind of”. Admittedly he is playing a broke, greasy musician type, so all he had to do was learn to act poor, but he definitely didn’t embarrass himself in the process. Apparently he was really nervous about being in the movie and kept forgetting his lines, which is kinda sweet. Debra Messing (Will and Grace) is also rather formidable as Reggie’s emotionless mother.

Despite Billy Joel’s acting, no Green Day is featured in the movie,

http://cinehouseuk.blogspot.com/2014/10/film-review-like-sunday-like-rain-2014.html?spref=tw

Film Review - Like Sunday, Like Rain

The big question that everyone will be asking is “can Billy Joel Armstrong act?” And the answer is, “yes, erm kind of”. Admittedly he is playing a broke, greasy musician type, so all he had to do was learn to act poor, but he definitely didn’t embarrass himself in the process. Apparently he was really nervous about being in the movie and kept forgetting his lines, which is kinda sweet. Debra Messing (Will and Grace) is also rather formidable as Reggie’s emotionless mother.

Despite Billy Joel’s acting, no Green Day is featured in the movie,

http://cinehouseuk.blogspot.com/2014/10/film-review-like-sunday-like-rain-2014.html?spref=tw

I have to do this again.

AObe2b.jpg

And thank you for all the images, inside bits and impressions - you're the greatest. :) Not many people who live close to this or that person and can attend many events would do as much, as often!

Archived