Green Day concert at Dreamforce conference

Yojimbo

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like they are performing at some convention or something.

@Benioff: One word: Dreamforce. Two words: Green Day. Save $400 Now http://bit.ly/DF13Signup pic.twitter.com/BikbMEyo1Z

:mellow: The website says: clouding computer event of the year, it looks like some corporate-business-nerd-startup conference, why the fuck Green Day are even supposed to be there? To speak about their instagrams?

Whoa, that'd be crazy if they actually went. I know it's a pretty big deal in the business world, and they usually get a pretty big band to perform at the event. Last year Red Hot Chili Peppers performed.

Yup Red Hot Chili Peppers did it last year...no reason Green Day shouldn't....although I wouldn't pay $1000 just to see Green Day, I don't care who you are lol.

Looks a little suspect for me...better wait for an official confirmation :ermm:

Register by September 10 for only $1099.

:mellow:

Seems legit to me when the CEO of the company tweets about it.....my husband is in sales...maybe he should attend this conference!

Billie better be careful not to rant about the evils of technology at this thing :lol:

That would be hilarious.

That's complete hypocrisy...surely Green Day are big enough and rich enough now that they don't need to play corporate gigs anymore?

That's complete hypocrisy...surely Green Day are big enough and rich enough now that they don't need to play corporate gigs anymore?

My thoughts exactly.

weird. no green day fan can afford this so what's it for? the money? maybe theyre in "make up for our weak ablum sales" mode. Or maybe it's Mark zukerbergs birthday :P

They play at At@t park on Tuesday night November 19th.

Dreamforce Gala at AT&T Park 7:00pm - 11:00pm

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica, Stevie Wonder, Foo Fighters. Over the years, we’ve hosted all sorts of great bands. And stay tuned, because this year’s artist, performing at AT&T Park, will be just as epic.

But Dreamforce doesn’t start and end with the band. It’s also an amazing opportunity to network with professionals from all over the globe, as well as a great chance to reconnect with colleagues and friends at a welcome reception, partner parties, and of course, at a rock concert than cranks the entire experience up to 11.

http://www.salesforce.com/dreamforce/DF13/socialize.jsp

My hubby said we should go and stand outside along the pier and listen and we can watch the big screen screen too. Looks like I am going. :dance: :dance:

For those freaking out over hypocrisy, it's really unlikely that this is up to the band. A lot of artists these days don't have any say in where they play, etc.

But yeah this is weird and I'm not even entirely sure what it is :lol:

it's a bit weird that they're doing this, especially seeing as billie usually doesn't react well to people just standing/sitting around during their performances. doesn't seem to me like very many actual green day fans will be able to afford to go if tickets to this thing are over a thousand dollars? do they sell any tickets to the public at a later date for just the concert and not the whole convention?

Yeah I'm not necessarily saying it's hypocritical for them to do this, it's just odd and seems terribly misguided, which is why I bet either the money's too good to pass up and/or contractually obligated/a favor.

Maybe Warner's making them do that?

( I only hope it won't end up like last year's iHeart or similarily...)

I'm wondering which songs they're going to play...hmmm it seems weird to me...I don't know..

Believe it or not, $1,099 is pretty damn cheap for a massive business conference of its sort. I've been to smaller ones that charge over twice as much (or you can become a member of the trade group putting it on for $50k-250k per year and get a discounted rate).

They've got huge pull on the conference circuit, and have the cash flow to draw in the biggest of the big bands.

Given that Green Day's appearance fee will probably be in the neighborhood of $50k (based upon other publicized appearance fees), I'd personally have a problem with the conference having so much money left over from my attendance fee that they could afford it. Lots of ways to entertain conference attendees without bringing in one of the biggest acts on the music scene. Should be a good show, though. Lots of bands just want to play their 60-90 minutes and gtfo for corporate shows, but Green Day's on their home turf.

Haven't felt this disappointed in something they've done since they did that fashion line/photoshoot for some hotshot designer guy. I just hope it was out of their hands at least.

Archived