¡Trilogy! era has come to an end

ColinOr

was it scheduled for early january? i think that's the one that was cancelled for me

yep. Wilkes Barre. She got a refund i think though. so she'd have to buy another ticket, but she's already going to the house party tour in october, she wants to see Asking next month and another concert in November, so she wouldn't have money for green day.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep. Wilkes Barre. She got a refund i think though. so she'd have to buy another ticket, but she's already going to the house party tour in october, she wants to see Asking next month and another concert in November, so she wouldn't have money for green day.

i dont think it would matter, i checked the website a while ago and the only show green day related show coming up is the musical in like, 2014

Probably the most wasted timeframe in Green Day's history if it has in fact come to an end. Mediocre music by Green Day standards (still better than lots of other crap out there, but this was middle of the road for Green Day music), lots of cancelled tour dates that were never re-scheduled (including one I was supposed to go to), more global talk about things other than their music, and maybe the single lowest moment of Green Day's history last year in Las Vegas, certainly Billie Joe's lowest moment. I guess on the one hand, good, time to start fresh, make some new music, put all this in the rear-view mirror, and see what the future has in store. But unfortunately I think the trilogy will be looked at as the beginning of the end in terms of Green Day's days as a band. I get the vibe that when we know Green Day's reached the end of the road as a band, we'll look back on 2012 as the year that started that march towards the end.

Time to look forward to a new era... IF this era has actually ended, which is debatable.

Well that was one of the most depressing posts I've ever read. I think you're possibly right but I'm holding off hope on that for a bit.

If it turns out this era itself is over, methinks it has more to do with Billie wanting to put the whole thing truly behind him.

its just the end of the first leg of the 99 revolutions tour. there is a possibility of another leg

it won't be the end of the trilogy era until the next album comes out

This era isn't over until Dirty Rotten Bastards makes a set list!!! :runaround: ... :cry:

The trilogy era doesnt end til the next album is announced

And grainy YouTube leaks from bar shows come out

no, this can't be over yet..

I want to feel full dookie set, and 99 Revolutions as the first song.. and everything :(

I think the era will continue until the next release of w/e they're planning for 2014

I loved the Trilogy era overall though. I got to finally see them for the first time live, and I got THREE FUCKING ALBUMS! ... oh I also discovered GDC.

I am disappointed with the overall success of the trilogy, but w/e it doesn't matter at all.

I loved the Trilogy era overall though. I got to finally see them for the first time live, and I got THREE FUCKING ALBUMS! ... oh I also discovered GDC.

I am disappointed with the overall success of the trilogy, but w/e it doesn't matter at all.

Yeah, essentially this is my thought process too.

I don't know how I feel, and I don't care.

And this. It's just all mixed up. Great personal Green Day memories, but not the band's best time, y'know?

Did the Trilogy era begin with the announcement of the albums on Twitter, the beginning of the release of the youtube updates, the release of Oh Love, or the release of UNO?

Did the Trilogy era begin with the announcement of the albums on Twitter, the beginning of the release of the youtube updates, the release of Oh Love, or the release of UNO?

Probably with the announcement of the albums.

i remember the tweets and youtube videos definitely before the other two.

I'd say the twitter announcement.... oh how excited I was indeed.

Probably the most wasted timeframe in Green Day's history if it has in fact come to an end. Mediocre music by Green Day standards (still better than lots of other crap out there, but this was middle of the road for Green Day music), lots of cancelled tour dates that were never re-scheduled (including one I was supposed to go to), more global talk about things other than their music, and maybe the single lowest moment of Green Day's history last year in Las Vegas, certainly Billie Joe's lowest moment. I guess on the one hand, good, time to start fresh, make some new music, put all this in the rear-view mirror, and see what the future has in store. But unfortunately I think the trilogy will be looked at as the beginning of the end in terms of Green Day's days as a band. I get the vibe that when we know Green Day's reached the end of the road as a band, we'll look back on 2012 as the year that started that march towards the end.

Time to look forward to a new era... IF this era has actually ended, which is debatable.

Wouldn't quite say that. They're not really an old band, all the members only sitting at 40-41, they could quite easily put out another great, at least Nimrod quality. They had a worse time with Warning and then they blew the fuck up with American Idiot, you never know with Green Day. Billie certainly isn't losing his voice and the rest of the band is still putting out fantastic shit instrumentally all it takes is him writing some good songs that connect and they're back at the forefront. Billie's been rated the sexiest dude in rock and that means a lot nowadays.

I really like the trilogy and could not have asked for more...but there will always be this sort of emptiness I feel when looking back on it. No one knew Dos and Tre existed after Billie went into rehab. The promotion will always make me angry. These albums deserved the appreciation and respect from the radio stations and the public, but they never got it and never will.

The setlists were great, but I don't feel like Green Day helped the trilogy cause with this tour at all. So much of these albums has yet to be played. That frustrates me. I saw them in Pittsburgh and couldn't have been happier with my show. I just wish there had been a few newer songs. At least different new songs instead of the same six or seven that seem to be staples now.

So, in hindsight it will be an era I look back on with some frustration. For the first time since I got into Green Day (back in 2004, yeah I am one of those American Idiot fans deal with it) they weren't on top of the world and that's fine. Just sort of weird to go through for the first time. Albums are great, but they really could have trimmed the fat a little bit more and made a kick-ass double album.

And can we please get Dirty Rotten Bastards played live?

I'd say the twitter announcement.... oh how excited I was indeed.

I still remember reading that tweet... "Ok. Here's the deal..." :lol:

Oh, it breaks my heart, looking back on it now in hindsight. :cry: </3

The trilogy can always start selling at any time if the band or label wants to pick up promoting them again...

Remember AI Dookie didnt just sell 16 million over night...

The trilogy can always start selling at any time if the band or label wants to pick up promoting them again...

Remember AI Dookie didnt just sell 16 million over night...

Dookie and American Idiot were instantly popular with MTV though, whereas the trilogy has not been at all and Uno has been out for nearly a year now.

i don't know :( all of this just makes me sad. a year ago everything was so exciting waiting for the new albums. it's been a really weird time to be a green day fan.

everyone was so excited. including the band.

they were promoting it SO bad and couldn't wait for us to hear it.

i can't help but think that the reason why the "99 revolutions tour" is over is because they want to get away from this.

leave all the shit that happened behind kind of thing? i dunno :(

It's unfortunate that this era hasn't been as successful, but what can you do when your frontman goes to rehab for a few months? Billie Joe's health is way more important than selling a few extra thousand records. Yes, we all want our tour dates back that were cancelled (my date in Omaha included haha) but I know they will come back and do a kick-ass tour around the States later on, whether or not with a new album to promote. :) I wouldn't be surprised if the band makes another huge album in the next 4 or 5 years, especially now that Billie Joe is sober and they have experienced a new rebirth with sobriety. Right now it's kind of awkward in Green Day world cuz when they perform, they haven't really been playing new material and instead focusing on Dookie stuff (which is awesome btw). It's unclear whether they are trying to move past the trilogy or what, but eventually everything works itself out, and as usual, it will end with Green Day on top of the world. Anyone else think they would be great playing the Super Bowl Halftime Show? :)

Archived