Michael Mayer confirms that Billie will play the role of St Jimmy in American Idiot movie

JIGD13

Sorry, this is mildly off topic (feel free to direct me to another thread if there is one), but I'm honestly much more interested in seeing Broadway Idiot than I am in the movie version of American Idiot. Any word on wide theater release, or dvd release for Broadway Idiot??

I haven't heard anything. But that would be cool, as the musical version is awesome.

And on topic: That's why i think the film will be scripted and not musica; [or at least have more spoken word in it] because they already have an awesome musical version!

Sorry, this is mildly off topic (feel free to direct me to another thread if there is one), but I'm honestly much more interested in seeing Broadway Idiot than I am in the movie version of American Idiot. Any word on wide theater release, or dvd release for Broadway Idiot??

Yes, yesterday directors said, that it will be in 20 cities of USA, and the BI official facebook page says that they're adding some material for the dvd.

• Like 1

Yes, yesterday directors said, that it will be in 20 cities of USA, and the BI official facebook page says that they're adding some material for the dvd.

Awesome!!! Thanks!

Has it been confirmed at any point whether the movie itself will be a musical or not? Like Westside Story?

Cause I'd much rather not see that.

By the time they get this movie started Billie will be 65 years old and the heroine can go right in his IV bag and out his catheter

I think the same that I thought when the rumour was floating around a while ago:

Good things:

1) There's no person in this world that will put himself in St.Jimmy's skin better than Billie Joe, because the character it's a side of himself.

2) It means at least one voice will be sung by him instead of random actors, which is great because that's the voice we're used to hear and we love, and yeah, I like that.

Bad things:

3) He hasn't got a clue about acting :lol: If he just does what he did in the musical I think it will be fine, because it was basically singing with an over-acted role that fitted well. But if he has to speak or anything, I don't think it's going to be good. I hope it is! I really hope, but you just have to see his acting in Nursie Jackie or those words he said on the TV program one chrsitmass... :lol:

4) He's going to play the role of a teenager, or at least a young person. He wrote American Idiot when he was 32, and I always imagine the characters as beeing younger, but that could just be my interpretation. I mean, they could make it to be an older person, someone that has kids and everything but isn't happy with his life and leaves...that could fit actually; but if they stick to the musical it won't be that, it will just be a man in his 40s playing the part of a teenager... and that's a bit weird.

So overall:

I don't know what to think :lol: It could be good that Billie Joe was just there giving advice and feedback to the actors, and that they included his voice in the songs, but that's not going to happen, and on the other hand I'm quite glad to see him in the movie... I don't know, let's see how it turns up. It would be good that they reduced his acting (with speaking) to a minimum, that's for sure. I have to say that I'd much rather have a "real" film than a musical, but not with Billie Joe acting. Unless he gets reaaaally good in the next few years, no. :lol:

• Like 1

3) He hasn't got a clue about acting :lol: If he just does what he did in the musical I think it will be fine, because it was basically singing with an over-acted role that fitted well. But if he has to speak or anything, I don't think it's going to be good. I hope it is! I really hope, but you just have to see his acting in Nursie Jackie or those words he said on the TV program one chrsitmass... :lol:

He's a damn good actor, have you seen that clip from Haunted? That Christmas one was intentionally bad, and it's pretty obvious.

• Like 3

obviously we are not going to see this anytime soon.

it takes time to make a movie. does nobody realise this?

. (Then again, it's the same question as what kind of filmmaker is Michael Mayer?)

He's made one movie that came to theaters and one tv movie Flicka (came out on screens) and Hatford And McCoy (tv movie)

Story wise they were average directing wise boring

Actually filming a movie takes no time the movie Desperado took only 3 weeks to film but the pre production can takr yyyeeeaaaarrrssss to happen etc

I think people is worried about is because it will tak time for them to start filming, because this rumour has been here since 2010

Has it been confirmed at any point whether the movie itself will be a musical or not? Like Westside Story?

Why would they make a movie based off a broadway musical based off a music album and not make it a musical?

• Like 2

It's a movie version of the musical (rather than a movie based on the album) so I can't see it being anything other than a musical. They wanted to make a non-musical movie of AI when the album came out but that must've fallen through, they've only got an offer to make a movie because someone's seen the musical and its success and wants to make a movie of it. A non-musical version of the musical storyline would be a bit weird come to think of it, it'd be pretty far removed from the album.

• Like 3

Why would they make a movie based off a broadway musical based off a music album and not make it a musical?

Because it's based off an album? Pink Floyd did it.

He's a damn good actor, have you seen that clip from Haunted? That Christmas one was intentionally bad, and it's pretty obvious.

I can't really remember the Haunted one. I didn't think about the Christmas one being intentionally bad, maybe that was my fault haha. But still, the acting in Nursie Jackie was not very good.

I can't really remember the Haunted one. I didn't think about the Christmas one being intentionally bad, maybe that was my fault haha. But still, the acting in Nursie Jackie was not very good.

I wouldn't know, I only watched it once. Haunted is great though, and there's also that one he played guitar on where he was like someone's friend or something. Also that deleted scene from whatever movie it was with the Viking band thing.

Actually filming a movie takes no time the movie Desperado took only 3 weeks to film but the pre production can takr yyyeeeaaaarrrssss to happen etc

Just because one movie was shot particularly quick doesn't mean all are, and I think saying "it takes time to make movies" includes pre/post production and shooting.

Just because one movie was shot particularly quick doesn't mean all are, and I think saying "it takes time to make movies" includes pre/post production and shooting.

I don't really count pre production as apart of making movie part I count shooting and post and shooting a movie should never be more than 45 days...

But your point is right it's going to be a while til anything will happen

Exactly, After seeing him in that I knew he could be a good actor, it just depends on how he plays it. I would bet that his other cameos were meant to be awkward/bad.

Some of you are very very VEEERRRYYYYY fanboy delusional... "he was intentionally bad" that makes no sense...

• Like 2

Some of you are very very VEEERRRYYYYY fanboy delusional... "he was intentionally bad" that makes no sense...

I think they were referring to that moment on the Jimmy Kimmel show with Serena Williams where Billie tried to remember his line like a robot. I hardly consider that an acting gig though, just him being awkward and perhaps not giving a shit.

• Like 4

I think they were referring to that moment on the Jimmy Kimmel show with Serena Williams where Billie tried to remember his line like a robot. I hardly consider that an acting gig though, just him being awkward and perhaps not giving a shit.

Oh didnt see that i thought they were talkin bout the nurse jackie episode

Yeah this. The Christmas thing, I don't think he was bad in Nurse Jackie but that's an opinion. On the Christmas one he speaks in a monotone and everything.

i think people are just not used to seeing him on the screen in a different role, but people definitely shouldn't say that "he cannot act" or whatever and be negative just because this is something different and new that he's doing.

• Like 1

Well that clip from This is 4o with him isint very good either and also even his voice over role for the simpsons movie sounds incredibly forced and awkward even though he was basically doing what he does every other day being a frontman....he isint a good actor