Green Day to host Fireworks Night at the Oakland Coliseum this August

Sanity Loan

And soon afterward they'll make the announcement that they will actually be playing Oakland Colosseum in the upcoming tour (here's hoping) :)

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd kill to see that. I hope there's going to be some kind of recording

I think Billie Joe should play Guitar and sing the national anthem.

I hope it is televised or recorded. A fireworks show set to Green Day's music is something I REALLY want to see.

Is it possible to buy just the cap?
It would be awesome for the poooooor people who live in another country ^^'

Thank you!!

How I wish I could be in Cali to partake in that :(

Thank you!!

eBay, presumably

Thank you!!

You have to buy the special package with the ticket. You pick up the cap when you get into the stadium with your ticket. I got tickets to this. I can't wait to go to it. I usually sit in the right field bleachers with my friends but I'll sacrifice that for this. You have to buy field level tickets. I've already gone to about 20 games this year because I love the Oakland A's so much! This Saturday is the Coco Crisp bobblehead day. I love the A's, Green Day, and fireworks. LET'S GO OAKLAND!!!

I wanna go just to see if they perform or something. Just like 2 songs would be aight. :) What this could mean though is that the band might play the Coliseum for NA leg 2, which would be awesome. It could also mean that there's gonna be a secret show around that time. Let's keep our eyes peeled. ;)

I am really looking forward to see this fireworks show. One major question I have how can they throw the first pitch I mean there are three of them yet there is only one ball.

I am really looking forward to see this fireworks show. One major question I have how can they throw the first pitch I mean there are three of them yet there is only one ball.

There's always a "ceremonial first pitch" that doesn't really count so they'll probably just let each of them throw it once... or they'll all stand on the mound and one of them will throw it, or there will be 4 catchers and they'll all throw it at the same time and then we'll get to make fun of whoever can't throw :lol:

We've already seen Tre do this at the Rays game so I'd like to see the other guys give it a whirl.

There's always a "ceremonial first pitch" that doesn't really count so they'll probably just let each of them throw it once... or they'll all stand on the mound and one of them will throw it, or there will be 4 catchers and they'll all throw it at the same time and then we'll get to make fun of whoever can't throw :lol:

We've already seen Tre do this at the Rays game so I'd like to see the other guys give it a whirl.

I wonder if Jason will throw as well.

I wonder if Jason will throw as well.

He was on the field with Tre that time, right? I'm sure if he's planning to be at the game, he'll at least go on the field with them.

So are the field level packages sold out? If not I guess I just can't figure out how to buy them. :(

So are the field level packages sold out? If not I guess I just can't figure out how to buy them. :(

No, it isn't sold out. You just go here http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/oak/ticketing/greenday_fireworks.jsp and click on "Buy Ticket + Cap Package". I just tried again to see and there are still tickets at least as I type this there are.

Bought my tickets! We're taking a trip to Oakland for the weekend to see the game.

Feel free to stop in Chicago and pick me up on the way, k? :)

yes! My two favorite things..... Oakland Baseball and Green Day.

Oh to someone who asked Tre also threw out the first pitch at a tampa bay game. i was jealous and wondered why not here since I know at least Billie Joe is an A's fan.

I wish I could go to this! :woot: (not the game, just Green Day's pitch and the fireworks :P )

Archived