Missing You (debut live performance)

favorite son 101

I've always loved this song & had wanted to hear it live .

thank god they played it at the emirates

Hope they play more new songs

here's the linkhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCsoXLsmFP8

( sorry if its already in some other thread or not thread worthy )

Btw i think it's thread worthy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't know that was the first time they played it live! I feel pretty lucky about that.

Sounds great! :D They played Waiting too, apparently!

It was so good, I'm bloody glad they played it.

Here is a snippet of it that I recorded:

+ Yep they played Waiting, here's a snippet of that:

I cried hideously all through this. I fucking love Missing You

I think it's only an average live song. :P

/UnpopularGreenDayOpinions

Vid I think had some weird quality but s glad they did this song I want them to come back to Cali again I wanna see more songs

Live version is not that great though. I think it'll sounds great in small venues.

Billie didn't do the '60 Minute Makeover' theme music style ticka-ticka noise during the bass solo :(. But otherwise excellent :D. Really nice to see them playing another Trilogy song, hopefully they'll be doing more of that as the tour continues!

Yes!!!! I asked Mike to keep playing Sassafras Roots on Instagram, and they did it!!! Finally! Sassafras Roots gets big, and gets what it deserves.

I would have loved to hear this live, seriously. An amazing song.. and it sounds even more amazing live!

I think I'd shit my britches if I saw them play Missing You, Waiting and Sassafras Roots. Three of my favourite GD songs from their respective eras.

I feel like this video doesn't display the power of the song live. I haven't seen it live so I wouldn't know, but it just seems the video takes away from it.

This is definatly one of those "i was there moments" Freaked out when they kicked in with this !

Some people may know that in 2001 I asked my then girlfriend to marry me at a Green Day concert during the song "Waiting" right at the little pause in the song. I sang to her "I've been waiting a lifetime for this moment to come I'm destined for anything at all" and then the music went silent, I got down on one knee and asked her to spend the rest of her life with me and as soon as she said "YES!" the music came back on with "Dumbstruck! Color me stupid! Good luck--you're gonna need it!"

I can't believe they played "Waiting" again today on my wife and my 11 year anniversary.

I can't believe it's just coincidence...

Awesommmeeee!! One of my favourite trilogy songs.

still prefer the feeling i got by hearing Having a Blast live than Missing You. i feel that for a big stadium it's not the perfect song.

still i'm not complaining. that's great they are adding some new songs from the trilogy every week now :)

Archived