Happy Birthday 21st Century Breakdown!

musso_kn

My most listened to & the only concert I have seen - 21st CB tour 2009 :D

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is this album underrated when it sold about a million copies, and had good critical reviews?

because most of Green Day fans prefer AI or Dookie to this album. but seriously all three are pretty awesome and 21stCB deserve as much gratitude as AI or Dookie. well in my opinion. :P that's why it's kind of underrated even if it wins a grammy.

Still don't like this album very much. It marks the time when Green Day lot their sense of humor and became far too serious. This bled into the Trilogy. American Idiot runs circles around 21CB. Decent album at best.

because most of Green Day fans prefer AI or Dookie to this album. but seriously all three are pretty awesome and 21stCB deserve as much gratitude as AI or Dookie. well in my opinion. :P that's why it's kind of underrated even if it wins a grammy.

Dookie and AI did something that 21CB didn't do so I don't think it deserves as much gratitude as those two. I just read that these this album sold $4 million worldwide, received awards and other accolades. Just because it isn't as big as Dookie or AI doesn't mean it's underrated.

Dookie and AI did something that 21CB didn't do so I don't think it deserves as much gratitude as those two. I just read that these this album sold $4 million worldwide, received awards and other accolades. Just because it isn't as big as Dookie or AI doesn't mean it's underrated.

what Dookie did that 21stCB didn't do?

what Dookie did that 21stCB didn't do?

Helped spark the second wave of Punk music in the mainstream.

This is album is awesome, I don't care what you think.

I remember the First time I heard any 21st song was on Green Day Rockband. Now it is my second favorite Green Day album. The era was amazing with them reaching even bigger heights than AI. It is also the most underrated

album, but has some really strong songs like Peacemaker, See the Light, and Before the Lobotomy. It is also the album that got me into Green Day hardcore.

Happy 4th Birthday 21st Century Breakdown!

This is one of my favorite Green Day album for it's musical variety and lyrics. American Eulogy was the first Green Day song I ever heard and I was instantly hooked so the album means a lot to me. Without it, I wouldn't have discovered so much more amazing music.

Happy birthday to my second favorite GD album! :wub:

happy fucking birthday 21st century breakdown, my 4th favorite album.

cannot believe it's been 4 years since i saw the Know Your Enemy video for the first time on the web, 4 years since i got the album, 4 years since i've seen Green Day live for the first time, 4 years since i've learned my first song on drums (21 Guns)

favorite lyrics and song:

Restless Heart Syndrome:

I'm a victim of my symptom
I am my own worst enemy
You're a victim of your symptom
You are your own worst enemy
Know your enemy

Happy 4th birthday, 21st Century Breakdown! :yay: I'll be listening to you all day today. :dance:

BIRTHDAY CAKE! (Courtesy of someone from deviantart

:P)

2aah4xe.jpg

Happy Birthday 21st Century Breakdown!

It feels like just yesterday this amazing album came out! I'm feeling rather old now...so many great memories surround this album

It's kind of silly, but today is actually my 4th anniversary with my fiance. On May 14th, 2009 we set out to New York City from Leitchfield, Kentucky as part of out Art Club Art Appreciation Tour. I, being an insane Green Day fan, knew that 21st was coming out and planned on getting my copy in NYC. MY fiance, Kristina, had been a friend of mine for a while, and we had constantly danced around dating. While in NYC we went to the broadyway performance of The Phantom of the Opera together on May 15th. At around 10PM the play ended and we walked outside, finally holding hands for the first time. Being 15 in high school with no "real" dating experience, it was a pretty big deal. That Sunday I finally found a Best Buy and purchased 2 copies of the album. Oddly enough, since I had met her in 2008 I always called her Little One, so it was quite the coincidence to see that on the album.

I'm pleased to say that we are together today, spending our anniversary right alongside 21st Century Breakdown.
Thank you Green Day.

Happy Birthday 21st Century Breakdown!!! Already 4 years?? Wow!! :wub:

Happy 4th birthday to this gem of an album<3 I remember skipping school that day to go buy it, great memories!!! <3

It's kind of sickening to hear people say that AI or Dookie weren't as special as this album. 21CB was a flop. Majorly. Fans had huge expectations and Green Day didn't deliver. To say that 21CB is on the same level as American Idiot, which brought Green Day flying back into the world, or Dookie, which brought punk rock into the mainstream and inspired hundreds of artists, is complete disrespect to Green Day. I'm not trying to be bitter, but it is just absolute FACT that 21CB does not come close to matching the power of those two records. Was 21CB a well-made album? Yes. Did a lot of work go into it? Yes. It's probably Green Day's most "artsy" album. I've never been one to discredit fans for liking newer Green Day music over the old, or the reverse. But to say that 21CB is better or as good as landmark albums like Dookie and AI is to fully kid yourself. 21CB doesn't hold a candle to these works, albums that define who Green Day is. "Maximum Green Day" as they say.

Wow, has it been 4 years already? This is the album that I owe my Green Day fandom to and my passion for music. At the time my taste in music was limited to about what my dad listened to, but he told me to listen to this album. I put it on my iPod and listened to it as I started to play a video game. As the album went on I was paying less and less attention to the game and was losing myself in the music. By the time the album was wrapping up I had stopped the game was was just listening to the album. As a classic rock fan it blew me away with its depth and range, the big brashing guitars contrasting with the soft ballads. I knew there was more to this album than I could grasp at first listen and it ended up essentially on repeat for the Summer of '09. For me it feels like a complete project and not just a collection of songs in a way that few other albums do. I still have sentimental feelings for 21st Century Breakdown as you never really forget your first time. I love this album and it will always remain as one of my favorites. It was my gateway to Green Day and it started my journey.

Archived