The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

musso_kn

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Mike is one of those lucky guys who will forever have to work harder to keep weight on than off.

Billie has always fluctuated, and when you consider all the habits he quit (apart from drinking) that had probably helped him keep the weight off previously plus getting older (so it’s harder to keep it off) I’d say he’s doing well. Does he still smoke? Do we know? That usually has an effect.Also,  he doesn’t really have a belly, he’s just slightly less thin than he has been in the past and is cursed in that every single pound he might put on shows immediately. He probably isn’t really self conscious, he probably just thinks he’s at an age where he shouldn’t be taking his shirt off all the time. But I hope not! 

42 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

I think Mike is one of those lucky guys who will forever have to work harder to keep weight on than off.

Billie has always fluctuated, and when you consider all the habits he quit (apart from drinking) that had probably helped him keep the weight off previously plus getting older (so it’s harder to keep it off) I’d say he’s doing well. Does he still smoke? Do we know? That usually has an effect.Also,  he doesn’t really have a belly, he’s just slightly less thin than he has been in the past and is cursed in that every single pound he might put on shows immediately. He probably isn’t really self conscious, he probably just thinks he’s at an age where he shouldn’t be taking his shirt off all the time. But I hope not! 

Whatever I had thought he had put on over the summer, I don’t see it now in the eyeliner photos. He looks good. I hope he no longer smokes due to his asthma, but also Prednisone is a steroid that can cause some weight gain. Maybe just with the outdoor concerts and summer humidity it was an issue as his asthma acted up, but less so in the dry California heat. 

6 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Whatever I had thought he had put on over the summer, I don’t see it now in the eyeliner photos. He looks good. I hope he no longer smokes due to his asthma, but also Prednisone is a steroid that can cause some weight gain. Maybe just with the outdoor concerts and summer humidity it was an issue as his asthma acted up, but less so in the dry California heat. 

Unrelated but how does everyone know he has asthma? I’ve read that he has on this chat thing but I have no idea where it came from and I can’t recall him saying that he has in any interviews of this era.

8 minutes ago, Boluvard of something said:

Unrelated but how does everyone know he has asthma? I’ve read that he has on this chat thing but I have no idea where it came from and I can’t recall him saying that he has in any interviews of this era.

I think it's a combination of his Prednisone mention, plus he has been seen using a rescue inhaler recently (@pacejunkiepunk saw it at the Cleveland show in August for instance). Oh, and the livestream video of him using the nebulizer when he claimed he was "vaping" :lol:

22 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I hope he no longer smokes due to risk of cancer, emphysema, etc. take your pick! Mild asthma is the least of it. Especially since he had family history of esophageal cancer. Hopefully it was a habit that was kicked with the rest of the bad stuff but I wondered if anyone knows?

59 minutes ago, Boluvard of something said:

49 minutes ago, letsdanceon said:

I think it's a combination of his Prednisone mention, plus he has been seen using a rescue inhaler recently (@pacejunkiepunk saw it at the Cleveland show in August for instance). Oh, and the livestream video of him using the nebulizer when he claimed he was "vaping" :lol:

And also he said it:

I belive he stopped smoking. We didn't see any recent pictures of him smoking (correct me if I'm wrong). He has asthma and he used Prednisone; it wouldn't make sens for him to keep smoking. Some people develop asthma following many years of smoking. 

5 minutes ago, IcyMoffatt said:

I belive he stopped smoking. We didn't see any recent pictures of him smoking (correct me if I'm wrong). He has asthma and he used Prednisone; it wouldn't make sens for him to keep smoking. Some people develop asthma following many years of smoking. 

Yeah I haven't seen any either but it's not like I recall seeing very many when he did either. Smoking despite having asthma or other breathing issues is foolish yes, but I've definitely seen people do it, haha. 

I don't think Billie smokes anymore. I think he's really into being healthy right now. I don't know if anyone noticed, Kat V posted a long emotional post this evening about becoming sober 10 years ago and Billie liked it.

3 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

I don't think Billie smokes anymore. I think he's really into being healthy right now. I don't know if anyone noticed, Kat V posted a long emotional post this evening about becoming sober 10 years ago and Billie liked it.

Cool. And he also left a post: “One day at a time” 

I thought towards the end of the US tour that BJ looked like he was a little chubbier in the face but that it had that look of being on steroids rather than actual weight gain but could, of course be wrong.  I hope he doesn’t smoke but he has had to give up a lot and a lot of recovering alcoholics do smoke I believe which I suppose is the lesser of evils. I agree with @gaslight13 about Mike, I think he has filled out as an adult but will always be very slim, lucky him!

Much as we all love BJ shirtless, I can’t believe any professional advertising campaign manager would think a 45year old without a shirt would be a good idea, unless they were some kind of bodybuilder or supper supper fit and with all the ink too, it would detract from the eyeliner and could largely become the topic discussed rather than the product. Sadly. 

Can we maybe not spend time trying to assess Billie's health and diagnose him here? :P We really can't tell anything about his health just by looking at him and it's not what I'd call fangirling.

3 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Who's Kat V? Is it that eyeliner person 

Yes, Kat Von Drachenberg.

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

Can we maybe not spend time trying to assess Billie's health and diagnose him here? :P We really can't tell anything about his health just by looking at him and it's not what I'd call fangirling.

You are right, poor man already has the one mother and one wife at home, will go back to how awesome he looks in the pics from @Kuromignonne above.  Hoping some fans catch them at airports in the very near future heading south!

13 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

I've just been binge watching loads of live GD performances from 2013. Those shows were so beautiful.:wub: I feel like that era gets overshadowed by Billie's rehab, but the trilogy tour was one of their best imo - almost as good as the RevRad tour.:wub: I loved how they took requests pretty often. And how they had Brutal Love on the setlist, especially at Reading 2013.:wub::wub::wub: That whole tour was so amazing.:wub:

And considering that the shows were just after rehab, Billie looked wonderful - he performed so well, and he seemed pretty happy and healthy.:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: I'm so proud of him.:wub::wub::wub: And I'm so glad he made a good recovery.:wub::wub::wub: He's so strong.:wub:

Oh, and the other thing that I love about the trilogy tour: BILLIE IN T-SHIRTS.:wub::lol:

That must be the post with the most :wub:-emoticons I have ever seen. :lol: But I agree with everything you said. The 2013 tour was great. I remember how proud I was of Billie when I saw them at Rock am Ring. He's come such a long way.

1 hour ago, MMwhatsername said:

That must be the post with the most :wub:-emoticons I have ever seen. 

@G-L-O-R-I-A - we aren't sure, but we think you may be a fan!  :lol:

One more week and GD will be back on tour :runaround::dance::bunny::yay:

I've missed all the pictures, videos and Instagram lives. This forum has been as flat as a fart in recent weeks.

And I like your new username Jane :whistle

Same, I love Jane's new username.:wub:

I almost died when I looked at my notifications and saw "Billie Joe Armstrong reacted to a post in a topic The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread":lol:

12 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

I almost died when I looked at my notifications and saw "Billie Joe Armstrong reacted to a post in a topic The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread":lol:

Well, we all know that the real Billie reacts to our posts. But usually not with emoticons :toocool:

I agree, loving the new name @Billie Joe Armstrong :happyhands:

41 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Same, I love Jane's new username.:wub:

Sorry if I shocked you hahaha :lol:

9 hours ago, Hermione said:

In my previous post, I pointed out my observation of different levels of chubbiness during this tour and that the chubbiest beats everything to me :wub:, completely regardless of health matters.

And I'm sorry if off topic, after reading you guys' posts, I must say (again!) that a flat belly does not equal to health, and more importantly has nothing to do with happiness. 

34 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

And I like your new username Jane :whistle

@Billie Joe Armstrong after seeing your new username as a reaction under a post, I just thought "holy shit, a new member in the fangirls thread, and he is no slouch" :lol: I didn't think it was you at first! And you're right, amazing no one had dared picking it before, a lots of variants but never exactly it ;)

No lie, I'll miss Jane Lannister :P is it your real name? I find it really pretty.

4 minutes ago, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

Sorry if I shocked you hahaha :lol:

I'm sure I'm not the only one that got a shock.:lol:

• BeachBum locked this topic

Archived