The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

musso_kn

1 minute ago, Running with shears said:

I've lost two companions this year and my third has been diagnosed with congenital heart failure (but he can live for few years with meds) so his post is KILLING me.  When anyone's pet passes away I feel my losses plus theirs.

I lost my beloved cat, Magellan, when he was 17 1/2 years old. He had leukemia (human-type, not the feline leukemia for which inoculations are available), giving subcutaneous fluids daily for about 3 months. When I had to put him down, I had to be sedated for two days. People who don’t have pets don’t understand how devastating a pet’s death is to someone who considers their pets to be family members. 

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got really attached to rocky because he's been around for as long as I remember, this is super sad and now I'm sad. 

1 hour ago, JellyTime said:

Yeah, I know. But also he said he had sex with Tre when they were drunk :lol: Don't get me wrong, I don't want to prove anything and I don't believe in Trillie or other shit... Just it's possible they had interesting past :lol: But whatever, it's not our business. 

Like My Dear Lord Of The Underworld said: 

Wise man, this Lord, wise man 

Shit, I was hoping this was fake. :cry: Rocky was always such a cutie. 

Watching that video again of Rocky singing with Billie made me tear up. RIP Rocky! 

50 minutes ago, JellyTime said:

As a vet student I see animals passing away almost every day... But holy fuck, in moments like this I can't stop the tears :cry:

Oh no so it is true & I just can't watch this clip its one of the cutest things ever.

Oh shit I just read BJ's insta - Im tearing up - kinda pathetic but ---- must love dogs:cry:

11 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Wise man, this Lord, wise man 

I know, right? :wub:

Spoiler

Damn, I love him so much :lol:

Billie has quite possibly never been sexier than he was at Global Citizen Festival yesterday. He was the only performer to thank the police and other performers for making the day safe and special. He managed to get every single person on their feet and turn the festival into a legit Green Day concert (trust me, by that point in the day there were people laying in the grass all over the place). And he was just radiating happiness. It so perfectly captured the beautiful feeling of this era. I'm so glad that this is my last memory from this tour — it's never going to leave me. 

Side note: The friend I took with me (not really a Green Day fan) was like, "He's...a very attractive man. Not my type at all, but he's pretty hot." :lol:

23 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

"He's...a very attractive man. Not my type at all, but he's pretty hot." :lol:

Give her time it won't take long.

Adorable photo of B&A. She’s been so low profile lately I’ve missed seeing them together. 😘

Thinking about Rocky again, it’s sad that it happened while everyone in the family was away. September really does suck doesn’t it, he can barely escape a September without incident. 😢

3 hours ago, kaylubd said:

So someone posted this poster on Reddit and said it's from a teeny bopper mag:

Be honest, did anyone else by these magazines when Green Day were on the covers? I totally did. As a former teeny bopper, I religiously read J-14 and as soon as Billie was featured in the magazines I started buying Bop and Tiger Bear. I still have one of the posters from one of those magazines. I'll have to post it later :lol: 

I do buy magazines once in a while just to mostly get the posters. Sometimes, it's for the articles. I used to subscribe to Filles d'Aujourd'hui when I was a kid/teen, but they were not so much GD. I used to buy RockOne, but the magazine was discontinued.

2 hours ago, Running with shears said:

So sad.

One thing to say: Wake me up when september ends.

My cat died on september 15 2005. I know the feeling... and Wake me up when september ends was the first  thing I saw on tv right after I learned my cat passed away.

So very sad about Rocky.   I may have cried a little bit (or a lot).

I love the picture he posted on instagram.  Rocky always looked at Billie so adoringly.  And.....i know it's not the time, but, Billie's bicep!  Lord help me.  

4 hours ago, kaylubd said:

So someone posted this poster on Reddit and said it's from a teeny bopper mag:

Be honest, did anyone else by these magazines when Green Day were on the covers? I totally did. As a former teeny bopper, I religiously read J-14 and as soon as Billie was featured in the magazines I started buying Bop and Tiger Bear. I still have one of the posters from one of those magazines. I'll have to post it later :lol: 

Oh yes, I had that exact poster (and a few others of him) hanging on my wall for basically all of my teenage years.  I used to cut Billie's picture out of teeny bopper magazines and stick them on a giant cork board I had. Yup. I've been committed to the fangirl lifestyle since I was 12, still going strong. :lol:

1 hour ago, stories and songs said:

I've been committed to the fangirl lifestyle since I was 12, still going strong. :lol:

Same here. Twins! 👯

Also, re: that picture of billie and Adrienne above...she's such a babe and they're such a cute couple UGH it hurts

7 hours ago, stories and songs said:

Billie has quite possibly never been sexier than he was at Global Citizen Festival yesterday. He was the only performer to thank the police and other performers for making the day safe and special. He managed to get every single person on their feet and turn the festival into a legit Green Day concert (trust me, by that point in the day there were people laying in the grass all over the place). And he was just radiating happiness. It so perfectly captured the beautiful feeling of this era. I'm so glad that this is my last memory from this tour — it's never going to leave me. 

Side note: The friend I took with me (not really a Green Day fan) was like, "He's...a very attractive man. Not my type at all, but he's pretty hot." :lol:

I mean you can't deny FACTS. Whenever I see someone call him ugly I'm just like ???? Are you blind??? 

3 hours ago, letsdanceon said:

Same here. Twins! 👯

Also, re: that picture of billie and Adrienne above...she's such a babe and they're such a cute couple UGH it hurts

I love them together omg goals 

6 hours ago, stories and songs said:

Oh yes, I had that exact poster (and a few others of him) hanging on my wall for basically all of my teenage years.  I used to cut Billie's picture out of teeny bopper magazines and stick them on a giant cork board I had. Yup. I've been committed to the fangirl lifestyle since I was 12, still going strong. :lol:

Haha, I did something similar - I actually had (read: have) a ring binder where I put any Green Day magazine mentions in. It used to be quite comprehensive because I used to buy Kerrang every week, but now that I don't, recent clippings are more rare. I have a pile of Kerrang mags in my room from the last year that I still need to cut things from and put in there :lol: But I've had that binder since 2006 so there are some gems :D 

12 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

I doubt it, tbh. I'm sure Billie's said in the past that he's never been with a guy.

He only said "I've never really had a relationship with another man" which isn't quite the same thing, and he's also said of the time that he was "willing to try anything". He hasn't specified whether he's been with a guy or not. But yeah we don't need to speculate about his private life.

As for fanfiction Bike is where it's at just saying :P 

Sad about Rocky, Billie's post about him is sweet.

RIP Rocky.:cry: I'm actually devastated. Billie's instagram post has me in tears. Why, oh why does September have to be such a shitty month for Billie and his family. I just came home from school at lunchtime and saw the news, and I don't think I'm capable of going back in this afternoon - I'm an absolute mess. I lost my dog a couple of months ago. I'd had him since I was 2 years old and he was practically my best friend. It's been 2 months and I still can't believe he's gone...

9 hours ago, Niënor said:

And.....i know it's not the time, but, Billie's bicep!

Thank God I'm not the only one that noticed that. At first, I felt so bad for thinking about Billie like that, given the circumstances of the post, but now I feel slightly better. I'm glad I wasn't the only one.:)

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

He only said "I've never really had a relationship with another man" which isn't quite the same thing, and he's also said of the time that he was "willing to try anything". He hasn't specified whether he's been with a guy or not. But yeah we don't need to speculate about his private life.

Thanks for Billie's quote - I couldn't remember exactly what he had said. And sorry, I wasn't trying to speculate - I didn't mean for it to come across that way.:)

31 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

RIP Rocky.:cry: I'm actually devastated. Billie's instagram post has me in tears. Why, oh why does September have to be such a shitty month for Billie and his family. I just came home from school at lunchtime and saw the news, and I don't think I'm capable of going back in this afternoon - I'm an absolute mess. I lost my dog a couple of months ago. I'd had him since I was 2 years old and he was practically my best friend. It's been 2 months and I still can't believe he's gone...

Thank God I'm not the only one that noticed that. At first, I felt so bad for thinking about Billie like that, given the circumstances of the post, but now I feel slightly better. I'm glad I wasn't the only one.:)

Thanks for Billie's quote - I couldn't remember exactly what he had said. And sorry, I wasn't trying to speculate - I didn't mean for it to come across that way.:)

Oh no I didn't really think you were (more the posts you were responding to), just want to prevent the conversation going that way.

Going to apologise in advance for this - it's even more inappropriate than usual with the news about a Rocky - but re Jeff's post and fan fiction, if it was about Jeff and Billie, would it be Jellie? I guess it could be Beff :D  sorry, couldn't help myself. 

Rocky had, I am sure, a wonderful life and was much loved, I hope he didn't suffer, sure they will all be very upset. 

22 minutes ago, jengd said:

Going to apologise in advance for this - it's even more inappropriate than usual with the news about a Rocky - but re Jeff's post and fan fiction, if it was about Jeff and Billie, would it be Jellie? I guess it could be Beff :D  sorry, couldn't help myself. 

It should be about Jeff and the puppet Billie and then it would be known as "Misery". 

• BeachBum locked this topic

Archived