The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

musso_kn

6 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Just found this. Man he looks beautiful.

I don't know why, but Ordinary World sounded so much more beautiful at the Hyde Park show than ever before. I could cry:cry:

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Hyde Park show was amazing. The guys sounded better than ever. Billie's voice was even more beautiful than ever.:wub: It's probably my favourite show from the entire RevRad tour.

3 hours ago, MMwhatsername said:

I don't know why, but Ordinary World sounded so much more beautiful at the Hyde Park show than ever before. I could cry:cry:

That break in his voice during that whole bit at 2:23 is heart melting. I think this is the rawest his voice has been performing this song, it might be why it's more beautiful. 

3 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

The Hyde Park show was amazing. The guys sounded better than ever. Billie's voice was even more beautiful than ever.:wub: It's probably my favourite show from the entire RevRad tour.

I also loved Sheffield. There are a lot of clips from that show and they gave an amazing performance. They just seem to be getting better and better on this tour I'm glad I'm seeing them again towards the end.

1 hour ago, reneetaleena said:

That break in his voice during that whole bit at 2:23 is heart melting. I think this is the rawest his voice has been performing this song, it might be why it's more beautiful. 

Agreed, I felt there was something special about this one. I don't think I've seen him so emotional to the point that it affects his voice before on this tour.

5 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

Agreed, I felt there was something special about this one. I don't think I've seen him so emotional to the point that it affects his voice before on this tour.

I definitely felt that rawness when he sang Last Night on Earth at the show I went to, his voice sounded almost as if it was trembling, its a very gorgeous quality to his voice. 

I will scream if we don't get a live DVD from this era. Their performances have been on point all tour. GD look great, they sound great, and they play with so much respect towards each other and they play with a genuine love of music. And I suspect a live DVD will lead to numerous pages in this thread. 

9 minutes ago, reneetaleena said:

I definitely felt that rawness when he sang Last Night on Earth at the show I went to, his voice sounded almost as if it was trembling, its a very gorgeous quality to his voice. 

Aw, I can imagine :wub:

5 minutes ago, Whatsername_123 said:

I will scream if we don't get a live DVD from this era. Their performances have been on point all tour. GD look great, they sound great, and they play with so much respect towards each other and they play with a genuine love of music. And I suspect a live DVD will lead to numerous pages in this thread. 

+ they've said 35823648926349 times that this is their favourite tour ever (well Billie has, and if our little dictator wants a DVD there'll be a DVD :P )

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I also loved Sheffield. There are a lot of clips from that show and they gave an amazing performance. They just seem to be getting better and better on this tour I'm glad I'm seeing them again towards the end.

Yeah, Sheffield was the only show on this tour that I could possibly attend and I tried so hard to get tickets, but sadly, I couldn't. I ended up keeping a close eye on the Sheffield show on the internet though and, although it broke my heart to see the excellent show that I missed out on, I'm so happy to see that they're still such amazing performers. They may be getting older, but they aren't letting that slow them down.

3 hours ago, Whatsername_123 said:

I never wanted a live DVD more than I do now.

Yeah it's definitely been a special atmosphere on this tour, they've been amazing every time I've seen them but Billie's so full of passion and absolutely on fire right now and they all seem to be loving what they do and have such great camaraderie. I mean all those things applied to other times I've seen them as well really :P, but it just seems even more so now. A live DVD would be fabulous!

Have to confess that for a short while as I was rediscovering the band back in nov/dec, youtubeing like crazy, I was really worried that I'd missed out on all the fun by not jumping on the stan train at an earlier stage (2005/2008). I thought sure they're still a good band but they're not as crazy or entertaining, they're getting old and playing it more safe now. Safe to say I couldn't be more wrong, they are better than ever and this is such a perfect era to be a part of :wub:

Everyone talks about GD embracing each other at the end of gigs, but I think it's sweet during Christie Road when Billie waves Mike over and they share the microphone. 

18 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Just found this. Man he looks beautiful.

OMG! Those puppy eyes! There is something special to this prestation of Ordinary World. It is so perfect. 

8 hours ago, reneetaleena said:

7 hours ago, herewegoagain said:

Billie Joe did get emotional a bit in Montreal when he sang Ordinary World. But yeah, it doesn't top Hyde Park performance. Everything GD does in England is always better than in the rest of the world.

But the Montreal's crowd (including myself) did manage to made him stop playing and say «OMG! This is really really beautiful» during Ordinary World. (around 2:00)

^^^ He finally discovered a good use for cell phones during a concert! :lol:

35 minutes ago, IcyMoffatt said:

OMG! Those puppy eyes! There is something special to this prestation of Ordinary World. It is so perfect. 

Billie Joe did get emotional a bit in Montreal when he sang Ordinary World. But yeah, it doesn't top Hyde Park performance. Everything GD does in England is always better than in the rest of the world.

But the Montreal's crowd (including myself) did manage to made him stop playing and say «OMG! This is really really beautiful» during Ordinary World. (around 2:00)

I think I remember seeing another video of that. The lights are so beautiful!! No wonder he had to stop.

2 hours ago, herewegoagain said:

I think I remember seeing another video of that. The lights are so beautiful!! No wonder he had to stop.

I think you're talking about this video (around 2:11):

Beautiful indeed!

On 7/15/2017 at 3:28 AM, neverdone2000 said:

Well he certainly has plenty of things to do so I'm sticking with the OCD theory 😂. 

Seriously though, Billie is a very complicated person and his posts since the end of the recent leg of the tour have reminded me that he is, for lack of a better term, an adrenaline junkie. I think it is very difficult for him to have down time. Instead of resting he's already psyching up for the next leg and planning for FBHT shows. It worries me a little, but hopefully when the tour ends he will go straight into prepping for the next album and/or working on the American Idiot movie. He needs to always have something happening.

I agree with you. I mean, I saw some of recent photo of Rest of Guys is on vacation with their family or their wives but with Billie he sitting at home or wherever he is doing nothing and re-watching old Green day's video.

He needed to get pump up again..he can't sit still for one second.

8 hours ago, IcyMoffatt said:

Beautiful indeed!

O.W live always have special in my heart..and for Billie.

That was beautiful. He was right. Wow!

10 hours ago, herewegoagain said:

He did that at my show :lol: The lights are so beautiful is Billie-language for "whooops I forgot the lyrics again". In January he said something like: "I forgot the lyrics! *silence* ugh oh the light's are so beautiful". Seems he perfected the routine since then. :P

Glad he said that though. I wouldn't have looked behind my back if he didn't and the lights were really beautiful.

8 hours ago, IcyMoffatt said:

Beautiful indeed!

Yes! :wub:  Love the pretend guitar smash at the end too, haha

23 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

Yes! :wub:  Love the pretend guitar smash at the end too, haha

That was hilarious :lol:. The way they end shows now is so sweet. It's kind of surprising they didn't have Mike and Tre come on to say goodbye all together at the end as a standard thing for so long, seems like the natural thing to do and it never did really feel right having them leave early and just Billie ending the show. Especially when the shows had become so well choreographed but then the ending was just him nipping off without anything to it. Glad they're finally doing it!

On 14/7/2017 at 10:28 PM, neverdone2000 said:

Seriously though, Billie is a very complicated person and his posts since the end of the recent leg of the tour have reminded me that he is, for lack of a better term, an adrenaline junkie. I think it is very difficult for him to have down time. Instead of resting he's already psyching up for the next leg and planning for FBHT shows. It worries me a little, but hopefully when the tour ends he will go straight into prepping for the next album and/or working on the American Idiot movie. He needs to always have something happening.

9 hours ago, Caroline Truong said:

I agree with you. I mean, I saw some of recent photo of Rest of Guys is on vacation with their family or their wives but with Billie he sitting at home or wherever he is doing nothing and re-watching old Green day's video.

He needed to get pump up again..he can't sit still for one second.

Billie Joe has ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder). He said it a couple of times in interview, like this in one: http://www.guitarplayer.com/artists/1013/green-days-billie-joe-armstrong-once-again-proves-the-power-chord-is-king/61018
He said: «Yeah. I think of myself as basically a rhythm player. I like playing guitar solos, but, I don’t know—maybe I just have too much ADHD to focus on more than one animal at a time.»

If it can give you an idea how it is in his head, it's like having a party all day long and everyday. (I have ADD, but thankfully not with hyperactivity!)

(For extra information on ADHD or ADD: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attention_deficit_hyperactivity_disorder It does explain a lot about Billie Joe's behaviour in general.)

35 minutes ago, IcyMoffatt said:

Billie Joe has ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder). He said it a couple of times in interview, like this in one: http://www.guitarplayer.com/artists/1013/green-days-billie-joe-armstrong-once-again-proves-the-power-chord-is-king/61018
He said: «Yeah. I think of myself as basically a rhythm player. I like playing guitar solos, but, I don’t know—maybe I just have too much ADHD to focus on more than one animal at a time.»

If it can give you an idea how it is in his head, it's like having a party all day long and everyday. (I have ADD, but thankfully not with hyperactivity!)

(For extra information on ADHD or ADD: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attention_deficit_hyperactivity_disorder It does explain a lot about Billie Joe's behaviour in general.)

I actually deal with people with ADHD a lot in my job and Billie could  be a poster boy for it. I had missed his ever mentioning it though. When you watch him interviews it's obvious with the difficulty with direct eye contact andIt sometimes having trouble verbalizing or completing a thought. It can be advantageous as far as motivation and energy. The problems though are disorganization, not following through, etc. Fortunately Billie has a lot of people in his life who take care of that for him. 

As a side note, his son Joey has said in several interviews that he is ADHD and started playing drums as an outlet for all of his excessive energy. 

maybe Billie just having well deserved R & R before the big tour of South A and Mexico?..and Billie is Poster Child of every thing..:lol:

• BeachBum locked this topic

Archived