The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

musso_kn

I watch every interview many times and keep repeating it over and over again, to notice those little things, hand gestures, looks, smile, every single little detail.

Oh well, maybe I'm just crazy.

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@stories and songs personally, I don't care about Jersey  (I just made someone very angry I suppose.) but I agree that you're one of the best users on here. Your posts are always on point, smart and you're great at explaining yourself. They are always an interesting read. 

11 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

@stories and songs personally, I don't care about Jersey  (I just made someone very angry I suppose.) but I agree that you're one of the best users on here. Your posts are always on point, smart and you're great at explaining yourself. They are always an interesting read. 

Nah she can take it.  Jersey I thought was different to New Jersey🤔

1 hour ago, Shahd said:

I watch every interview many times and keep repeating it over and over again, to notice those little things, hand gestures, looks, smile, every single little detail.

Oh well, maybe I'm just crazy.

I used to do that when I was 15 and at the peak of my Green Day obsession.

51 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I don't care about Jersey 

Spoiler

nkocs.jpg

40 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

Nah she can take it.  Jersey I thought was different to New Jersey🤔

Come now woman, did you really think Bruce was singing about a girl from the Channel Islands?

To keep on subject

Spoiler

24wde06.jpg

1 hour ago, Kaddi. said:

I used to do that when I was 15 and at the peak of my Green Day obsession.

LOL! Now I feel sad for myself, especially that this is not the peak of my obsession.

1 hour ago, Scattered Wreck said:
  Reveal hidden contents

nkocs.jpg

Come now woman, did you really think Bruce was singing about a girl from the Channel Islands?

To keep on subject

Hide contents

To this day, this is still my favorite picture and Billie never looked better than that night. Holy crap, this just brought back a whole lot of memories. :lol:

21 hours ago, kaylubd said:

I'm gonna keep this short. I had a dream about Billie.

Highlights:

I met him, got an autograph and picture.

We started chatting. He asked if he could borrow some pants (???)

He tackled me.

Dream ended.

I was so mad. I was like "where's my autograph?!"

Great dream!!!  He tackled you??? NICE

I would be mad that that dream ended for a difference. I'd be saying "Where's my __________________?!" ---censored x rated thoughts

40 minutes ago, GenXIdiot said:

I would be mad that that dream ended for a difference. I'd be saying "Where's my __________________?!" ---censored x rated thoughts

And he was obviously pantless during this so-called "tackle". Wink wink......

45 minutes ago, The Grouch is Tracy said:

And he was obviously pantless during this so-called "tackle". Wink wink......

1 hour ago, GenXIdiot said:

He was not pantless, but I swear I felt....something... ;)

Hey if fate says BJA is supposed to tackle me in real life, I'm not gonna step in the way. That's all I'm saying.

6 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

He was not pantless, but I swear I felt....something... ;)

I think that is taking virtual reality to a whole new level :lol:

8 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

I think that is taking virtual reality to a whole new level :lol:

Billie Simulator? 

Hmm...

Just now, kaylubd said:

Billie Simulator? 

Hmm...

I think we need to market this.  It will pay for lots of GD shows

Ugh. If there was a GDC prize for picking the worst time of 2016 to go on holiday I'd win- I went to the Canary Islands on the day Rev Rad came out! :(:(:(

I barely had the time to check for GD news when I was away so I've got a lot to catch up on! But now that I'm home, I know where to start..... the occasion where Billie wore that frilly shirt :wub: 

20 hours ago, stories and songs said:

I fangirl over Mike in a different way. I'm not attracted to him, but from everything I've seen of him he seems like a great person. Throughout everything Billie went through Mike was so good to us, trying to keep us in the loop and being a generally awesome representative for the band. Then with his wife's cancer, dropping everything to take care of her and their kids—he just seems like a really good guy who has his priorities in order. He just seems wildly dependable. When Billie pisses me off about something (which he hasn't in a long time and I'm very happy about that) I occasionally catch myself grumbling about how I just couldn't have picked the dependable one. :lol:

But in general, their overall goodness is what has kept me with this band for so long. We only see a glimpse of who they are, but I think all three of them are kind, decent men who know what is important. They respect us as fans because they're just as nerdy about music as we are. Most famous people, I think, are a little bullshitty in trying to be relatable. But these guys have worked their asses off to get to where they are and have never stopped. They feel more real to me than other people in the public eye. Which makes me fangirl a whole lot. I really can't enjoy a celebrity's work if I don't like how they present themselves.

I agree with all of this and scattered wreck's comments about your posts. I also love how Mike has supported Bilie in the past, he is obviously very loyal to both Tre and Billie which is what a good friend is.  I am pretty sure that Billie, love him though I do, can probably be a right royal pain in the ass at times, maybe less now he is sober.  I think they have a great dynamic which works so well.  Have you seen the videos from the Howard Stern performance, the way Mike and Billie grin at each other, it's so lovely to see these two long-term friends getting such a kick out of performing together, and the. Billie turns and shares a grin with Tre. I love it. 

While I am here -  Bilie in that grey frillie shirt - oh wow!  I'm not the biggest fan of his frillie shirt thing but that grey one with the sleeves rolled up and collar open ........... ❤️❤️❤️❤️

@jengd I adore their friendship so much. I think all three of them are very close, but Billie and Mike's extensive history clearly shows. Those two have a whole lot of love for each other. Because I'm so used to Green Day being such a tight knit group, it's strange for me to see other bands who are sort of just...coworkers.

No doubt Billie is probably a pain in the ass sometimes. :lol: But he has felt like much less of a pain in my ass since he's been sober, so maybe that's true in his life too. Ha. As much as I love him, I feel like I used to get annoyed with him over things he did or said on the regular. Now everything is lovely all the time and it is seriously so, so wonderful. Tre said in a recent interview that he loves this version of Billie, and I wholeheartedly agree. Mike and Billie have rather different personalities, but Billie is just as lovely. :wub:

@stories and songs Out of curiosity, may I ask what annoyed you for example? I've never found him particularly annoying but I don't get worked up easily unless someone does/says something to me personally (then I flip out! :P) or it has to be something I really strongly disagree with - I mean I'd get very annoyed if he were racist or something like that.

@Jane Lannister Just stuff like some of the more out of control FBHT shows, or acting drunk when accepting an award or something. :lol: I'm very much not into the partying thing so that was always something that bugged me, I guess? I couldn't connect to that side of him at all.

I absolutely love most of what he has to say and think he's a really awesome person. I'm so proud to fangirl over him–I made a good choice all those years ago! :wub: So I don't find HIM annoying, just some past behavior I suppose. That's why this era is pretty special to me–I feel like he's the version of him I've always loved all the time now, and that makes me so unbelievably happy. It's kinda the best.

4 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

:sick: I'm sure there's a lot of such "simulators" on sale already. 

Yes, but not Billie ones. 

56 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Yeah, they tend to make them bigger. 

Quality, not quantity 😉

12 hours ago, jengd said:

While I am here -  Bilie in that grey frillie shirt - oh wow!  I'm not the biggest fan of his frillie shirt thing but that grey one with the sleeves rolled up and collar open ........... ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Picture? ;)

Look on the Instagram posts thread, BJ at the Hollywood Palladium the other night (not being funny, am on iPad so can't work out how to post pics) looking gorgeous 💕💕💕💕

ha, just seen even more on the Billie Joe thread,

• BeachBum locked this topic

Archived