Psy responds to Billie Joe comment on Instagram

JIGD13

I love how Psy doesn't know what herpes means neither who Billie Joe Armstrong is :lol:

I think Billie's comment was funny :ga: you shouldn't take it too serious!

I think his comment was clearly intended to be humorous. The herpes joke was funny. Regardless of your opinion on Psy, it's undeniable that Gangnam Style was overplayed to the extreme, and just when there was a lull he came back with Gentleman. The herpes joke is relevant and funny. I'm not sure why people read into this so much.

Amen.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is this news?

Why does this thread have 4 pages already?

Why is this even a thread?

Some questions can never be answered.

If you type in "bille joe armstrong psy" on Google, there will be loads of pages by him calling psy "the herpes of music"..

On one hand, the media attempted to blow Billie's comment out of proportion, as is the media's job.

On the other hand, Billie fished for a few likes with that comment.

On my left foot, I had expected something like this from Tre, quite the witty move there Billie.

And finally, on my right foot, Psy, you're such a gentleman.

I dont think bj was childish because he wasn't serious, and it's good that psy reacted like this.

Well, I didn't take Billie's post on Instagram as an insult, to be honest. It was just a funny comment and that way, Psy's reaction was just right and nice. Actually made me smile :lol:

Billie can post whatever he likes. Let him be a little bitchy, that's Billie.

I wouldn't take this Instagram post too serious c'mon once he posted Obama riding an unicorn.

btw I like PSY. He's a cool guy but his music is really annoying.

If this someone criticizing Green Day, it would be a completely different reaction. It happens in music, bands criticize other bands. Billie is free to say whatever he likes, doesn't mean we have to agree with it.

That was kinda childish of Billie. Guess he didn't think the dude all the way in South Korea would find out.

I don't get why people say Psy is being more profession about this. Billier's just being Billie. He's always been liek this. To be fair I do agree with Billie, and I don't think that Psy handled this well but that he didn't even know what to say. After all, it's true.

I kinda like Billie trying to be annoying. Better than being boring and a formal 40 year old.

Am I the only one who thinks Psy didn't understand Billie's statement?

I don't. Most news sites don't think he got it either.

This is such a minor thing, my god XD I wish we had an "unlike" button.

Also, just so everyone gets it, he DEFINITELY knew what was up. The guy has lived in America for quite some time, even attending college here. Do you honestly think he didn't get this?

This is such a minor thing, my god XD I wish we had an "unlike" button.

*dislike.

Sorry, I'm not usually a grammar Nazi but that one mistake always burns my hide. What do you wan to dislike specifically anyway?

*dislike.

Sorry, I'm not usually a grammar Nazi but that one mistake always burns my hide. What do you wan to dislike specifically anyway?

My bad, it's far too early.

The majority of the posts I've seen in the thread that are, for some reason, way too worked up over it. Also, that button should be added just because I see so many things I don't like, but really don't feel like replying to. It'd be much more fun.

Hahahahaha! This is hilarious. There wasn't anything wrong with Billie making that comment but Psy's comeback is great, there's no denying that he wins the round hands down :D

He absolutely did understand it. He understood Billie was making fun of him, and instead of slinging an insult back he turned Billie's words around to make it sound like he was actually complimenting him. Z-SNAP! A classy comeback to a (let's face it) childish insult.

Edit: There's people taking this seriously? Lmao :lol:

How is his insult so childish? We all thought Psy would be gone after Gangnam Style and now he's back with Gangnam Style v2. Another annoying song that sounds almost exactly like the first one. Billie's comment can be taken both as an insult of a compliment, I took it as more of an insult because of the #pleasegoaway hashtag.

I quite like psy as a person, but I think his music sucks!! Psy has the most popular ever youtube video, sold (I think someone above said something about 50 million) copies of his song and became a world wide sensation. I bet he couldn't care less what Billie thinks. I wonder if he even knew who Billie Joe Armstrong was before this?

How is his insult so childish? We all thought Psy would be gone after Gangnam Style and now he's back with Gangnam Style v2. Another annoying song that sounds almost exactly like the first one. Billie's comment can be taken both as an insult of a compliment, I took it as more of an insult because of the #pleasegoaway hashtag.

It was meant as an insult. It's not a big deal though, there's nothing wrong with lightheartedly making fun of music you don't like, and there's nothing wrong with doing so in the form of a jokey childish insult. No one's in the wrong here and I'm sure neither Psy nor Billie take this particularly seriously. Psy's comeback was just cooler and cleverer than Billie's insult that's all.

It was meant as an insult. It's not a big deal though, there's nothing wrong with lightheartedly making fun of music you don't like, and there's nothing wrong with doing so in the form of a jokey childish insult. No one's in the wrong here and I'm sure neither Psy nor Billie take this particularly seriously. Psy's comeback was just cooler and cleverer than Billie's insult that's all.

How was it clever? It's like Justin Bieber sayng 'kill haters with love'. I think he just didn't know what to say so he decided to take it as a compliment.

It was hella immature of Billie to even say that, and yeah I know he was probably just lightheartedly taking the piss out of music he doesn't like, but that doesn't make it any less stupid or childish. Psy is just the same as every other pop musician and he handled Billie's dumbass diss very well.

I thought Billie's comment was funny....

Psy's music is repetitive and irritating

His reply sounded as if he was playing the " derp i don't know whats going on" card

Currently scrolling through my national 24/7-whores looking for this and in away it makes me happy that they haven't brought it up. It's not news worthy in my opinon.

Other than that, I thought what Billie wrote was pretty funny and as previously written in this thread: he has said a lot worse.

How was it clever? It's like Justin Bieber sayng 'kill haters with love'. I think he just didn't know what to say so he decided to take it as a compliment.

Twisting his words around to make it look like he was actually complimenting him was cleverer (and cooler and classier) than any insult he could've said back would've been. He didn't just say a stupid phrase like kill haters with love, he took what Billie said and came up with a good comeback from it. It takes more intelligence to do that than to just insult him back or reel off a phrase he's learned.

Archived