Billie Joe on new Lonely Island album

Blond-O-Sonic Shimmer Trap

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i started squealing uncontrollably

and i had to fangirl to one of my best friends (who fortunately loves them too!)wS1vDtT.png

This is why Green Day fans get a bad rap...no pun intended.

Yeah, I mean, it's just as likely that he'll do a rock song as it is that he'll do a rap song, but I'm not counting it out. He's done crazier things that have caught us more than off-guard.

But the fact of the matter is, while they are a comedy group, The Lonely Island is primarily a rap group, so there's gotta be some of that incorporated into whatever they worked with Billie Joe on. And seeing as how Green Day delved into it a bit with "Nightlife," it wouldn't be unexpected if it was rap-oriented.

What I mean is if it is a rap song I don't think that necessarily means he's more into rap or more likely to dabble more in rap in the future, because I imagine his motivation for doing this is more likely to just be thinking it would be cool to do a funny joke song with these amusing guys than thinking it would be cool to do a rap song specifically. But regardless, if it is rap oriented I'll be very pleased! Billie rapping would pretty much make my life :lol:, and even if it's just him singing the chorus it'll be awesome.

i started squealing uncontrollably

and i had to fangirl to one of my best friends (who fortunately loves them too!)wS1vDtT.png

dafuq did i just read

What for getting excited about something fun and hilarious? I'll probably sound similar when I tell my sister about this tomorrow :P

wait this is green day community right? i hoped im not getting hated on because i love green day then ...

The Lonely Island's stuff is good, I have faith in this!!

wait this is green day community right? i hoped im not getting hated on because i love green day then ...

The fangirling isn't very mature. That's all I'm saying. Billie Joe is hawt is so 2004.

The fangirling isn't very mature. That's all I'm saying. Billie Joe is hawt is so 2004.

oh, i don't remember saying billie's hot...i said i was so excited for his new music . total immature fangirling, right?

Billie Joe and The Lonley Island......wow

This'll be interesting

I love Lonely Island! They have many funny songs, but none are crafted
particularly well. It will be interesting to see what a Lonely Island BJA collaboration
would be like considering they normally team up with pop artists.

I'm praying that he and Lady Gaga sing together. :D

I don't really think the subject matter will be about iHeart. It is certainly a possibility, but I just don't see him really wanting to make light of what happened.

Billie has stated that he doesn't really remember what happened at Iheart Radio, and he has refrained from watching the clips. It was all a blur to him. But maybe at some point he will confront it, and have a sense of humor about it. Too soon? Now is probaby too soon. Too much.

I hope it's an actual song and he's not featured in a skit track or something. Or he just talks or sings one line. He's such an amazing guest performer, they should defintely use him prominently in whatever song he is on. But, I am baised.

Nightlife ... Part Dos. :ninja:

:ga:

Can I just put something out there that NO ONE has addressed yet?

First came "Nightlife," and now this. Do you think Billie Joe's getting more into the hip-hop thing now, like how The Clash did back in the 80s?

Dammit, you beat me to it. :lol:

you got to be kidding! this sounds so stupid I cant believe this is happening, i would rather see Green Day or Billie collaborating in a sappy new Disney shit film than in this.

Don't give my imagination any ideas. :lol:

I still can barely believe this... is this real life? :confused:

Pretty much summarizes my thoughts when I read the first tweet about this.

Lighten up, she's just excited. She never once mentioned what he looks like and obviously if she's posting here today she isn't just a "he's so hot" fangirl from American Idiot era. It's not worth being mean about. I'm nearly 22, I consider myself mature, and I fangirled and bawled my eyes out at the sight of him at my concert in March. So no shame, angel green. There's nothing wrong with being a diehard fan. ;)

EVERYTHING IS PERFECT AND NOTHING HURTS OMG

Too bad the guys aren't working on SNL anymore, we may have gotten a Digital Short with him and omg that would have been even better

I'm sorry as an SNL stan I have lots of feels <3

I'm praying that he and Lady Gaga sing together. :D

I don't really think the subject matter will be about iHeart. It is certainly a possibility, but I just don't see him really wanting to make light of what happened.

Wouldn't that be awesome? I'm kind of sick of her now, but it could have the potential to be awesome (of course, it could easily be a disaster, too). However, I have a feeling that this will be the Gaga and JT song on the album:

Guise! Guise! maybe, this is early speculation! But what if they premiere the possible Billie-Joe colab on an episode of SNL Green Day might be playing for.

This is why I miss Andy being on SNL, this would be highly plausible. :( Ugh.

I'm gonna guess that his part is similar to Julian Casablancas from the Strokes part in this song, where Andy does the verses and then Julian (or BJ in this case) sings the chorus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yvEYKRF5IA

I was gonna say the same thing.

This is why I miss Andy being on SNL, this would be highly plausible. :( Ugh.

Kristen Wiig is hosting this week, who's the say Andy can't host in June? He's gonna try to promote his album and it comes out in June. AND maybe the musical guest COULD be a certain band we all know and love..

Who are these lonely island? Comedy rap, what does that even mean! I'm not gonna listen this?

Who are these lonely island? Comedy rap, what does that even mean! I'm not gonna listen this?

They're a comedy act who make funny rap songs, often with famous singers and rappers guest starring on them. Check out some of the videos posted in this thread or search them on youtube if you wanna see what you think of them.

Kristen Wiig is hosting this week, who's the say Andy can't host in June? He's gonna try to promote his album and it comes out in June. AND maybe the musical guest COULD be a certain band we all know and love..

The season ends next week with Ben Affleck and Kanye West :( Too bad, and I hate to say this, Green Day probably won't be relevant enough to be a musical guest next season unless a single gets big this summer which doesn't seem likely. But I'll more than happily be incorrect. Hell, in order for TLI to be relevant, they'll still need to make videos. Maybe they won't air on SNL but that doesn't rule out a low-budget YouTube video he could appear in. I think it'll depend on how funny/quirky the song is.

:rolleyes:

How good would it be if Billie Joe was a new character in the Andy Samberg/Justin Timblerlake songs where they have beards. I don't know how else to describe it, the characters they play when they do songs like Dick in A Box and The Golden Rule.

How good would it be if Billie Joe was a new character in the Andy Samberg/Justin Timblerlake songs where they have beards. I don't know how else to describe it, the characters they play when they do songs like Dick in A Box and The Golden Rule.

It's all I want in life.

im still having a heart attack with the fact billie and Justin are gonna be on the same album. I cant even process yet that hes gonna be in a song. baby steps for me lol

Well, this sounds interesting! Not really sure what I can expect of it but I can't wait to hear more! :)

Archived