Billie Joe on new Lonely Island album

Blond-O-Sonic Shimmer Trap

Just listened to the song...wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Kinda disappointed Billie didn't rap.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought this was pretty great :lol:

How long before Mayor Bloomberg has this playing on repeat?

Lyrical correction: It's PUMPKIN lattes, not pocket lattes. :lol: I would know.

But honestly, I had NO idea this was Billie's voice until the second chorus. They've auto tuned the hell out of it, for sure. I seriously like the effects on this song better than Nightlife though. Wish they would have used those instead. It might not have sucked as bad. :P

Overall, I had no expectations for this song, so I'm not exactly disappointed or thrilled. It's just average, funny for what it's worth, but nothing life-changing. I'll probably forget it exists in a day or so.

I'm disappointed as a Lonely Island fan, yknow? Billie aside, it's another meh song from this album; to me, they're just not as funny as they were when they were working on SNL.

Yeah, I agree they've lost the spark a bit... none of the songs I've heard are as funny as catchy as their original stuff.

"The chief of police is a major bully
Laughs at my ideas (He's a jerk!)
He made fun of my tie last week and i had to fight back tears" :lol:
I love how Billie sings this part.Reminds me of Fink.

This is the only part I really laughed at. That and the transit strike part.

off topic but i realized if billie sang like he does on this record instead of being monotone, nightlife would have been (more) fantastic

Exactly! :thumbsup:

For some reason, I was convinced Billie would rap in it. I might have enjoyed this a lot mote if he did and managed to pull it off. A video would be cool, if Billie dressed up all white boy gangsta in it. :lol:

Dear God, it would be like a train wreck. I don't want to see it, but I won't be able to NOT look. :blink:

Kinda disappointed Billie didn't rap.

Those words... will never be used in that context ever again.

(these guys need lessons from Flight of The Conchords on how to actually be funny...and fast).

flight of the conchords was a beautiful flash of fucking brilliance *slinks back into the shadows*

yes this song is not clever at all but hey i think its cool billie did this. i mean why not? see, i still think youre cool you old bastard

......Um yeah so I listened and as expected Lonely Island were seriously unfunny...their lyrics are just lame attempts at being amusing I mean fighting rats in sewers etc? (these guys need lessons from Flight of The Conchords on how to actually be funny...and fast).

As for Billie...just no...sorry Billie but what the fuck were you thinking?!?! I feel like I'm in the twilight zone and Billie is Justin Timberlake or something...I am going to wash my ears with bleach now and pretend this never happened. Excuse me.

Lonley Islands first two albums were funny and great (for the first album) to good (on the second album) back when they were on SNL

This album however is a big let down...

Maybe they should go back to SNL

same kind of nightlife guess that's why i didn't like it.

but i don't give a damn since it's not under the name of the band

at least now i know what this is to hear Billie rapping :lol:

>.> man, it's almost like some of you guys were expecting Mozart to rise back and write one last song for us all judging by the reactions.

>.> man, it's almost like some of you guys were expecting Mozart to rise back and write one last song for us all judging by the reactions.

Exactly

LI are on the same field as a Weird Al

I gave up after the first 42 seconds. No issues with it, I just got bored. :lol:

I am tired of seeing people saying 'what did you expect', 'wait, did you expect a masterpiece?', etc.

I didn't expect absolutely anything from this song. Doesn't mean I can't say I thought it was bad?

At first listen I wasn't entirely sure about the song, but after a few listens it actually starts to grow on me.

It's a really funny song and Billie Joe's parts are quite catchy

I'm not expecting a video for this song though. Somehow everything Green Day or one of the members collaborates with lately does not really turn out in an official single or video.

Besides, the guys are out on a European Tour so I can imagine they want to fully focus on the band instead of having small side projects on the side as well.

But I really dig this song, a solid collaboration imo :D

same kind of nightlife guess that's why i didn't like it.

but i don't give a damn since it's not under the name of the band

at least now i know what this is to hear Billie rapping :lol:

Billie doesn't rap on the song :P. Also unlike Nightlife it's a comedy song. It's not meant to be a good sounding rap song, the way it sounds and the lyrics are purely a joke.

i liked it. and im sick of nightlife getting so bashed, it was a cool song!

No one said they were expecting a masterpiece. Some people said they didn't like it and that's all. It's not like anyone is losing sleep over this. You guys are exaggerating. Yeah it's a comedy song but that doesn't mean everyone should like it.

I actually love the song :lol: It's funny and makes me wanna dance and goof off.

It's maybe because I'm no longer a hard-core rock fan :D but I think some of you should just be more open-minded to music that differs from what you've been listening to. It's all still music even if it's not what you prefer.

And I could actually imagine Billie with those big swaggish shades, singing. :lol: Real fun to listen to, in my opinion.

I actually love the song :lol: It's funny and makes me wanna dance and goof off.

It's maybe because I'm no longer a hard-core rock fan :D but I think some of you should just be more open-minded to music that differs from what you've been listening to. It's all still music even if it's not what you prefer.

And I could actually imagine Billie with those big swaggish shades, singing. :lol: Real fun to listen to, in my opinion.

I can only speak for myself (and guess that others may be the same) but I think this song is shit as I stated before and I love a huge range of music including Enya for gods sake. Seriously I may play NOFX then skip to a pop song like Darren Hayes or even traditional Irish music...seriously my shelves are wild looking!! My point is I for one don't need to open my mind regarding types of music unless that involves forcing myself to like shit music somehow. The problem with this is it fails in what it is trying to achieve in my opinion which is to be amusing...also it sounds crap. I wouldn't normally care but Billie's involvement just makes me just wonder "whhhy?!". Now had he collaborated with say Flight of The Conchords for example no doubt I would be laughing all the way to itunes...the song is just unamusing, lyrically pathetic shit.

I can only speak for myself (and guess that others may be the same) but I think this song is shit as I stated before and I love a huge range of music including Enya for gods sake. Seriously I may play NOFX then skip to a pop song like Darren Hayes or even traditional Irish music...seriously my shelves are wild looking!! My point is I for one don't need to open my mind regarding types of music unless that involves forcing myself to like shit music somehow. The problem with this is it fails in what it is trying to achieve in my opinion which is to be amusing...also it sounds crap. I wouldn't normally care but Billie's involvement just makes me just wonder "whhhy?!". Now had he collaborated with say Flight of The Conchords for example no doubt I would be laughing all the way to itunes...the song is just unamusing, lyrically pathetic shit.

Sure sure, just chill :lol:

I didn't mean to offend you in a any way possible, I'm just stating my opinion about fans in general.

+ it's just one opinion, there are probably like 10000 people (if not more) agreeing with you and disagreeing with me, and that's only on here. No need to be so butt hurt over it.

Exactly

LI are on the same field as a Weird Al

Maybe the same field but definitely no where near in the same league. :)

tumblr_mlwtlabBAl1rvn11po1_250.gif

It's shit. Like really shit. Like shitter than Nightlife shit. I could see what they were trying to do but they beat a weak joke to death in a single verse. It was just painful after that.

Have you ever heard "Like A Boss"?...

Sure sure, just chill :lol:

I didn't mean to offend you in a any way possible, I'm just stating my opinion about fans in general.

+ it's just one opinion, there are probably like a 10000 people (if not more) agreeing with you and disagreeing with me, and that's only on here. No need to be so butt hurt over it.

???? Again with the severe misinterpertation...I was simply pointing out that many fans have a varied music taste and that the style of the music/narrowmindedness etc is not/most likely not the reason they think the shit song is shit. I however at no point was/am "butt hurt" or feel in any way excited/remotely like I need to chill haha...in fact im lying in the sun listening to music haha. So yeah was just trying to clarify that many of us like a lot of music styles etc...now I need to clarify that I was doing that...getting confusing...so yeah. GDC needs a text that makes it clear that people are happy/sarcastic/angry etc...would save time haha

Nope, but I've heard its even worse.

it is equally crap really...

I gave up after the first 42 seconds. No issues with it, I just got bored. :lol:

The best part is the ending! :P You get to hear Billie's raging voice hahah.

Archived