Green Day remixing trilogy guitars

jacknovella

So glad I know that those exist now.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the reason they're doing this is to get an idea of how they want their next album to sound like, so they are like experimenting with sounds to see what is the outcome and how is the band's dynamic going to be.

I think the reason they're doing this is to get an idea of how they want their next album to sound like, so they are like experimenting with sounds to see what is the outcome and how is the band's dynamic going to be.

I don't think that's the reason. I mean, they've just released three albums. And when Billie was asked about future albums he said there's still 2014 to think about because it's both AI's 10th anniversary and Dookie's 20th. Also they're about to go on with their tour. I really don't think they're already thinking about a new album.

I wish we could get some more pictures or something from Billie on this or maybe even some actual news

I don't think that's the reason. I mean, they've just released three albums. And when Billie was asked about future albums he said there's still 2014 to think about because it's both AI's 10th anniversary and Dookie's 20th. Also they're about to go on with their tour. I really don't think they're already thinking about a new album.

If you have read the RS interview with BJA, he said that he already has plans for the next album and wants it sound more raw-kinda like exile on main street. So yes I think it could be that he is experimenting with the guitar sound for future release.

The lack of any more pics or photos of this is slightly worrying...

The lack of any more pics or photos of this is slightly worrying...

he was busy taking pictures at the Rolling Stones show, that's why :lol:

Hm... It's going to be interesting to hear what the remixed guitars will sound like, if we ever get the chance to hear it.

I think we'll get a chance to hear it. Don't you think we'll get a chance to hear it? :P

Hm... It's going to be interesting to hear what the remixed guitars will sound like, if we ever get the chance to hear it.

I think we'll get a chance to hear it. Don't you think we'll get a chance to hear it? :P

I really hope so. The idea of hearing these songs with a rawer sound makes me hard in my pants.

I really hope so. The idea of hearing these songs with a rawer sound makes me hard in my pants.

Yeah. Hopefully more along the lines of American Idiot-esque. I didn't know what a boner was until I heard the first millisecond of AI.

If you have read the RS interview with BJA, he said that he already has plans for the next album and wants it sound more raw-kinda like exile on main street. So yes I think it could be that he is experimenting with the guitar sound for future release.

I don't remember that part. But what you say is promising.

Same here!

Yeah. Hopefully more along the lines of American Idiot-esque. I didn't know what a boner was until I heard the first millisecond of AI.

Haha exactly. The American Idiot sound would be awesome, for me something like Dookie or Insomniac would be even better though.

Haha exactly. The American Idiot sound would be awesome, for me something like Dookie or Insomniac would be even better though.

I agree. I'd say it would be cool to have an AI-like mix for ¡Tré! but for ¡Uno! and ¡Dos! a more Nimrod/Insomniac mix woul be better.

He did not say he already had plans for the next album...

When asked if there were new album in the works

"It's too early I feel I have to wait this one out I don't want to jump in and get myself overwhelmed I can only take it one song at a time"

He did say he wants to do a Exile On Main Street feel and do more live sounding recordings but no where did he say it is planned or in the works

He did not say he already had plans for the next album...

When asked if there were new album in the works

"It's too early I feel I have to wait this one out I don't want to jump in and get myself overwhelmed I can only take it one song at a time"

He did say he wants to do a Exile On Main Street feel and do more live sounding recordings but no where did he say it is planned or in the works

This is more like what I remembered, to be honest.

This is more like what I remembered, to be honest.

Lol i had the magazine next to me when i saw the post lol

If they actually remix new songs, i wanna listen how Let Yourself Go mixed with Stop When The Red Lights Flash will sound like.

It just sounds awesome in my head

If they actually remix new songs, i wanna listen how Let Yourself Go mixed with Stop When The Red Lights Flash will sound like.

It just sounds awesome in my head

I don't think it's that kind of remix, I think it's more like changing the guitar sound of the songs :) It seems like Billie Joe has re-recorded his guitar parts for certain songs :)

If you want to hear some interesting stuff, open youtube in two different windows. Find acapella versions of green day songs, then find an instrumental to play along with it. I created some awesome songs with these combos:

Vocals from Holiday

with gangsta rap beat. the "hey, hey, hey" part sounds awesome. Sounds like a lil jon song or something, HILARIOUS.

Vocals from Saint Jimmy

slow sad country tinged instrumental

Vocals from Letterbomb

sad Eminem style instrumental

Vocals from American Idiot

Music from Weezer's Buddy Holly (this one didn't turn out so good)

Are we the waiting vocals

with Letterbomb's instrumental. Very nice.

If you want to hear some interesting stuff, open youtube in two different windows. Find acapella versions of green day songs, then find an instrumental to play along with it. I created some awesome songs with these combos:

Vocals from Holiday

with gangsta rap beat. the "hey, hey, hey" part sounds awesome. Sounds like a lil jon song or something, HILARIOUS.

Vocals from Saint Jimmy

Vocals from Letterbomb

i'm gonna have lots of fun in the next hour :lol: thanks for the idea

Bull, that amp was a vintage 1959 SLP, know your shit, not a damn reissue. Stop talking

When did I say it was a reissue? And no shit, anybody can figure that out by looking at Pete in a Woodstock video. But judging from your original post, I didn't think you would have known that.

When did I say it was a reissue? And no shit, anybody can figure that out by looking at Pete in a Woodstock video. But judging from your original post, I didn't think you would have known that.

That fucking price said reissue and you wouldn't know that from your original post

Vocals from Holiday

Vocals from Saint Jimmy

Vocals from Letterbomb

I had trouble getting Are We the Waiting and Letterbomb timed up nice, but it sounded so cool. Help? XD

Archived