Green Day remixing trilogy guitars

jacknovella

hey guys let's all pick our personal favorites from the trilogy and hope our hopiest they release remixes for them

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey guys let's all pick our personal favorites from the trilogy and hope our hopiest they release remixes for them

x kid-i just want a proper music video for it..thats it :mad::P

I have pretty high hopes for Missing you!!

and may be an only guitar acoustic version of The Forgotten!!

Honestly I don't think he's be posting photos on Instagram if he was just fucking around... I don't know what but tey are up to something

Yeah, otherwise Billie would have specified he's fucking around so we don't get our hopes up and then be disappointed

norwegian death metal version of MIssing You. With Paul Rudd.

If they're gonna make a recopilation I'd rather have them put 18 songs on it. Small difference from 15, but y'know. Maybe it could be:

1. Nuclear Family

2. Stay the Night

3. Let Yourself Go

4. Kill the DJ

5. Oh Love

6. Rusty James

7. Wild One

8. Lazy Bones

9. Stray Heart

10. Amy

11. Stop When the red lights flash

12. Brutal Love

13. Missing You

14. Dirty Rotten Bastards

15. 8th Avenue Serenade

16. X-Kid

17. 99 Revolutions

18. The Forgotten

I would try and put as many as would fit on one disc for sure. I was just trying to do an even amount from each album, which was tough. I also didn't pick my top favorites, I went by what I thought the band would put on there (what they play live). With Dos, I sort of had to go with my gut because they really haven't been playing much from it.

norwegian death metal version of MIssing You. With Paul Rudd.

I would try and put as many as would fit on one disc for sure. I was just trying to do an even amount from each album, which was tough. I also didn't pick my top favorites, I went by what I thought the band would put on there (what they play live). With Dos, I sort of had to go with my gut because they really haven't been playing much from it.

I think from ¡Dos! they should put SWTRLF, Wow! That's Loud, Lady Cobra, Stray Heart and maybe Wild One and Amy too. To be fair, ¡Dos! is the one with the best live potential in my opinion.

I know it's more than a different guitar sound that makes this Kill the DJ demo clip sound awesome, but hearing this makes me really excited about whatever Billie Joe's working on. Just how different a song can sound with different recording/mixing, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HGk3dzJA-s

I Hope so...!

You really don't get sarcasm, do you?

I know it's more than a different guitar sound that makes this Kill the DJ demo clip sound awesome, but hearing this makes me really excited about whatever Billie Joe's working on. Just how different a song can sound with different recording/mixing, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HGk3dzJA-s

I think it sounds pretty much the same in that video.

That's perfect for me! Where's the title track though?

It didn't make the cut.

I think it sounds pretty much the same in that video.

I think he meant the different sounding "kill the dj" that was played in the 5th min (yes exactly) of the full Cuatro DVD... Right after the part where Jason talks about "always being together"

that "demo" had a "rawer" and "sexier" sound... Similar to the "stripped down rock n roll" the band was talking about

I think he meant the different sounding "kill the dj" that was played in the 5th min (yes exactly) of the full Cuatro DVD... Right after the part where Jason talks about "always being together"

that "demo" had a "rawer" and "sexier" sound... Similar to the "stripped down rock n roll" the band was talking about

Exactly.

Even in that video though, when Billie sings 'Hold him underwater till that motherfucker drowns' the sound of the song is different. Like you said, much more raw and stripped back. The vocal effect is still there but it works well, I think.

Oh. In that case, I'm sorry. I still have to watch ¡Quatro!.

I don't particularly like the idea of re-releasing songs on an album that we already have in the first place. On the one hand I haven't heard any of these "remixes" so I wouldn't be able to say if I like the idea or not, and on the other it's a little bit silly and out of character for the band to "remix" any of their material in the first place

I don't particularly like the idea of re-releasing songs on an album that we already have in the first place. On the one hand I haven't heard any of these "remixes" so I wouldn't be able to say if I like the idea or not, and on the other it's a little bit silly and out of character for the band to "remix" any of their material in the first place

They've done it like a gazillion times. Prosthetic Head and LoTAG being the most drastic, while they've also done it with Redundant and Walking Contradiction and a list of other singles Tman seems to have memorized.

They've done it like a gazillion times. Prosthetic Head and LoTAG being the most drastic, while they've also done it with Redundant and Walking Contradiction and a list of other singles Tman seems to have memorized.

I have the remix songs memorized, but Green Day has a pretty long list of unreleased songs that I'm still trying to get straight :lol:

I have the remix songs memorized, but Green Day has a pretty long list of unreleased songs that I'm still trying to get straight :lol:

You should PM me your list so we can crosscheck including B-sides that weren't on Shenanigans or IS. I've been meaning to do that.

I'd actually like to see them remix Fell For You. That song is good but could be much better production-wise.

Not following you. Are there other versions of Prosthetic Head, LOTAG, Redundant and Walking Contradiction floating around?

Not following you. Are there other versions of Prosthetic Head, LOTAG, Redundant and Walking Contradiction floating around?

Yeah, and some others.

Prosthetic Head and LoTAG are very different, the others aren't quite.

Here's LoTAG

Yes

Yeah, and some others.

Prosthetic Head and LoTAG are very different, the others aren't quite.

Here's LoTAG

Ew that percussion sounds so electronic

Those Radio Edits sound almost the same. If they're doing that with the trilogy then I'm much less excited for this, it will be barely even noticeable.

Archived