Least played GD song?

Insomniac45

I never skip a song when I listen to a CD album, even the ones that I don't like.

And I don't have an iPod or iTunes.

I think the song I listened the least is one of 21st Century Breakdown, probably Christian's Inferno or Viva la Gloria!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

21st centuary breakdown, the album not the song, might aswell take it off my ipod as the only song that doesn't always get skipped is Lights out and that's not even an album track!

I saw a thread for your most played Green Day song, so why not make a topic for your least played song and tell why.

My least played song is The One I Want with 9 plays lol.

Edit: look at me not even following my own topic's rules. The One I Want is my least played song because I never really got into it. The whole 1039/smoothed album doesn't have too many plays in general minus a few. But yeah.

I think with some of those early songs, they are hard to appreciate but then if a certain girl turns up in your life they can become really relatable. I used to always find The one i want and 1000 hours so mushy but then in the past year they became two of my most listened to Green Day tracks.

I enjoy nightlife, I always play it when it comes on :|

My least played green day song is probably walk away. That song bores me so much. Either that or songs from 1039.

Walk Away was originally on Cigarettes and Valentines (I love it) and 1,039 is one of my favorite albums. Still respect your opinion.

I hate "Take Back." I've probably only purposefully listened to it twice. Every other song in the entire Green Day catalogue is better than that song.

i think it's a cool and unique song in Green Day's catalog, even if it's not their best. It's very experimental - it might be better regarded in the same way as Shenanigans. Plus it's just over a minute

A minute of hell. Take that scream and put it back where it came from! :P I know "Nightlife" gets a lot of hate, but as far as experimental songs go I think it's much more creative and interesting than "Take Back." But that's just my opinion obviously :lol:

Green Day might get ridiculed for being pop-punk, but I think I prefer them as they are if that's what the next step after Insomniac sounds like. Well, more like a few steps further.

Walk Away was originally on Cigarettes and Valentines (I love it) and 1,039 is one of my favorite albums. Still respect your opinion.

What is your least played song?

I love at the library and paper lanterns, I just can not really get into the album.

I've deleted Last Ride in and Espionage simply because of the lyrics. I've also altered Panic song so the intro isn't so long, but those 3 would be really low. I love panic song, but the intro kills me. I only listen to it when I listen to the whole album on a CD :P

Funny, I think the Panic Song intro is a huge important part of the song. I love that it's so long. It sets the mood and stuffs.

Re Nightlife, I'm not that keen on the weird 'effect' on Billie's voice, but don't actually dislike the song - I've noticed if you are playing it on a stereo, and go into another room the 'distortion' on BJ's vocals is a lot less noticeable, and it sounds a lot better. Don't have a clue offhand what my least played songs are, apart from the first 2 albums, just can't seem to get into them at all. And Last Ride In, I usually skip that one.

Funny, I think the Panic Song intro is a huge important part of the song. I love that it's so long. It sets the mood and stuffs.

I like it on the album, not on it's own.

• 2 weeks later...

The Forgotten and Walk Away are tied with exactly two plays.

They bore me. Too slow and repetitive. Eh.

''Ashley'', ''Dirty Rotten Bastards'', all of the songs Tré has sung, and their cover of ''I Wanna Be On TV''. Never really dug those tracks, man.

''Ashley'', ''Dirty Rotten Bastards'', all of the songs Tré has sung, and their cover of ''I Wanna Be On TV''. Never really dug those tracks, man.

Wooaaaaa. I'm pretty sure this post would work on the Unpopular GD Opinions thread as well. I'm sorry, but Ashley AND DRB?

Rest, Espionage, Last Ride In, All By Myself, Warning, Dominated Love Slave... there are others... :ninja:

"I wanna be on TV" is one I usually skip on that album.

mine are probably king for a day, knowledge, and christian's inferno with no plays on itunes. however, my computer has been restored multiple times and i upgraded from windows 7 to 8 back in september/november. it was hard to find songs on official releases that had 0 plays. i have a lot of bootlegs and singles in my library because yolo.

nightlife had 8 plays surprisingly. :mellow:

mine are probably king for a day, knowledge, and christian's inferno with no plays on itunes. however, my computer has been restored multiple times and i upgraded from windows 7 to 8 back in september/november. it was hard to find songs on official releases that had 0 plays. i have a lot of bootlegs and singles in my library because yolo.

nightlife had 8 plays surprisingly. :mellow:

that's fine, but do you actually like Knowledge? You should give it a listen. I adore their recording of it.

Wooaaaaa. I'm pretty sure this post would work on the Unpopular GD Opinions thread as well. I'm sorry, but Ashley AND DRB?

I'm sorry; I didn't realize I had to have the same opinion as everyone else on this forum. :dry:

Yes. I don't like Ashley and Dirty Rotten Bastards. I think they are the worst songs from the trilogy, and therefore are some of my least played Green Day songs, which is the point of this thread.

wait...you really put dirty rotten bastards on the same level as ashley? .... :mellow:

In an attempt to try and not derail the basic point of the thread, I'll answer as so; I don't like those songs. I think they are weak and uninspired. I don't see what all the commotion is about with them. I know, it might be hard to believe that I don't share the same opinion as you, but not everyone can agree on everything. Again. I don't like those songs. Hence why they are my least played Green Day songs. :/

no, i get it, i wasn't saying you have to like them it's always just surprising when someone doesn't like drb bastards because everyone (including me) shits their pants over it.

i do agree about ashley though. my least played from the trilogy along with walk away and the forgotten.

It's weird, it took me until February to get into Walk Away, and just now am I starting to like Ashley. The Forgotten is getting better for me too

Archived