What is your favorite part about being a Green Day addict and why?

iScottie

For me personally, it's:

1. Having a diverse knowledge of Green Day from songs, to personal details, and other every day things that often go unnoticed.

2. Being able to play the guitar. I learned the guitar STRICTLY due to Green Day and it's given me great entertainment for the past ten years or so. Note: I don't just play Green Day songs!

3. Being so used to the cues that Billie Joe uses that I always say them unconsciously when at a concert or when watching a YouTube video. :lol:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that someone asks me something about them I would answer them very fast, and I have a friend of my brother that also like Green Day but I don't like him because he buys so may GD related things but when he starts t talk about me about GD he always mistakes and I can correct him and he gets mad

4. Whenever something is said in class or another point in every day life, I always find a way to relate it to Green Day.

For example, last year I had a class and it was related strongly to families. Well, every day, the nuclear family was somehow always brought up and every day I somehow always found myself air drumming. :lol:

1. The fact that I can write reviews of their albums for my college newspaper and cite dates, names, and song titles without having to look anything up. :lol:

2. I look back and cannot remember a time when Green Day wasn't one of the most important parts of my life.

3. I'm known by my family and friends as a Green Day fan. Its a defining characteristic.

The music is the best part for me. I have never in my life loved a band's music so much that I have almost all of their music and what I do not have I will eventually have. The music is great, liberating, insightful, fun, loud, and I have never witnessed creativity like that of Green Day. I love reading up on the band, and learning things about them . I just read a biography of the band and learning the things I learned made more feel more of a connection the band and the music. Everything I learn, and read and watch about the band makes the connection to the music more real. And lastly, the music sets me free. I find in certain songs I can really relate and understand exactly what was being conveyed and find a connection with what Billie Joe, Tre, and Mike D. were trying to convey. Like the song Are we the waiting....the line....rage and love, the story of my life, the Jesus of Suburbia is a lie....I find a connection to that song, and through the music and the words...comes....freedom...

*Peace*

Rachael

I'm no addict, hahahahahahahahaha

Vnxfs.gif

Stay in school kids :D

Rachael

Please stick to the regular font because it can be hard to read for people. :)

And I am not an addict. Addiction is bad, kids. Listen to uncle Bobo.

That for the most part its something solid that has and always will be there for me. They helped me figure out who I am as a person and I really don't know who I would be without them. My amazing music taste they led me to and all the great gigs I've attended. ha I could go on.

Please stick to the regular font because it can be hard to read for people. :)

And I am not an addict. Addiction is bad, kids. Listen to uncle Bobo.

Sorry about the font...I just love the color blue.....it was hard to read though...and as far as being an addict....I would rather be an addict to the music than to some of the other things I have been addicted too.....

Sorry about the font...I just love the color blue.....it was hard to read though...and as far as being an addict....I would rather be an addict to the music than to some of the other things I have been addicted too.....

It's all cool :)

I like how many odd and random facts I know about Green Day and I like how being an "addict" to GD means I'll look up random facts about the songs they make so I can get a better understanding of them. And like a lot of people here, they're one of the reasons I picked up a guitar.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:

holy shit that was a fucking fast reply :mellow:

Being able to call what song is coming next during a concert. Everyone around me is puzzled. :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

BTW I'm listening to In The End right now and the dancing bunny is perfectly in tempo with the song lol

1. I get to call myself idiot for a reason other than me being a real idiot :P

2. I quote Green Day lyrics in my almost everyday life, and people say "huuuh?!", it's kinda fun

1) Finding rare stuff by the band, rare interviews, segments and other stuff.

Haha, i'm a die hard fan of interviews and rare stuff !

1) They are one of the main reasons I picked up a guitar 5 years ago

2) The relatable lyrics nearly all of Green Day's lyrics are so relatable so no matter I'm feeling or what I'm going through at the time they have an appropriate song(s) or album(s) for the occasion.

3) Their music has helped me learn not to care about what others think about me and just go about my day.

I wouldn't say I'm "addicted" to them. That has such a negative connotation. I do love them a lot, though, so I'll list what I enjoy most about that. These are in no particular order.

1. I love how I can find a way to relate Green Day to almost any situation. I can also pull out countless, obscure Green Day facts when I'm with friends.

2. I love how I know so much about the Green Day members personally, especially Billie Joe, and it's really great how much love and care they give their fans. It's amazing to be able to experience that connection with them at concerts. That's pretty special.

3. It feels like no matter where I go or what I do, I have Green Day with me to get me through difficult times and keep me company.

4. I've watched so many Green Day performances and interviews that I've gotten to know their unique little habits and quirks and can sometimes predict how they will behave and what they will say.

5. Because Green Day has taken from and experimented with so many different types of rock, they've opened me up to a lot of great music that I would have never taken an interest to otherwise. Now I have a much wider taste in music, thanks to them.

One thing I love about being a Green Day addict is the constant reminders I have of them during the day. Usually I'll be doing something random, and I'll find some reference to them, and even if it's small, it reminds me of them, and it makes me happy. Just having small things like that during the day makes my life so much easier to live.

Another thing is the people gotten to know because of them. I've met some great people here on GDC, who I love talking to. Also, one of my best friends and I mostly get on because of our common interest in Green Day and other rock music.

Probably one of the other reasons is the people. So far I've only been friends with one other person here in real life and she's been one my best friends now for about 2 years. Years down the road people will ask "How did you guys first meet?" and We're gonna say "We met on a Green Day forum". On that note I said this a while back on one of my statuses but this is still the best fucking forum in the entire internet right here. Green Day fans in general are just the best music fans around and this community defines it. I love this place, I love Green Day and I love how his community has treated me since I became a member here. The staff has been so kind to me and everyone repects each other and you can't get that anywhere else. Never have I seen a music fanbase where people just care for each other so much and just...enjoy their band. I get to be part of this amazing fanbase. Love this place.

:hug:

Archived