SoTW: Geek Stink Breath

musso_kn

When all I had was International Superhits- this, Waiting, and Nice Guys Finish Last were the only songs I couldn't stand.

But now Geek Stink Breath is probably my favorite off Insomniac...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly, I didn't like thsi song, but after hearing it more times, I like it

What I really love about this song is that heavy as hell palm muted riff.

Billie does heavy chug better than metal does heavy chug.

Interesting that it took time to grow on many of you. I absolutely adored it on first listen.

What I really love about this song is that heavy as hell palm muted riff.

Billie does heavy chug better than metal does heavy chug.

This. I always though this was Green Day's 'metal' song because of nature of the riff. For some reason, I always associated it with a part of Metallica's Enter Sandman.

I remember Mike saying in some interview that this was "an ugly song for an ugly subject". I love how they tried to make it as crass and unpleasant as possible, yet still released it as a single :lol:

What a great song about meth! They should use it on Breaking Bad :lol:

I think lyrically, it's genius. It's quite poetic and a well-written song for a such an ugly subject.

The music video makes me queasy though lol

It's somewhat hard to hear normally, but the bassline in this song kicks ass! It's super rad. My favorite off of Insomniac.

Yes, the video is kind of ew but it's not that bad! I think it was an original idea, then :lol:

"Wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one gets filled first..." ♪♫

I can honestly watch the which video without cringing or looking away even once.

I always thought I wasn't a huge fan of this song, but when they played it in Fairfax a few days ago I got really excited and into it haha

My favorite song on Insomniac and one of my top 10 GD songs. I love the agression in the guitar and the vocals. Such an awesome SOTW

Nice write up and great choice for this week. This is definitely one of my favorite Green Day songs. A lot of the lyrics are gruesome, but that's what I love about the song. Also, that riff is killer. It's a song like this that keeps me from trying these drugs! :lol: But for the life of me I cannot watch the video...at least not the parts involving the dental removal :sick:

Great choice! I love that song! Is one of my favourites from Insomniac. I love the bassline and the guitar riff! Also, the live version kick ass

I have never seen the video

Looks up video

One Geek Stink Breath later...

That's not that bad. It's just a tooth.

I have never seen the video

Looks up video

One Geek Stink Breath later...

That's not that bad. It's just a tooth.

And a dentist. Dentists scare me

I'm amazed they got a qualified dentist to agree to that.

I'm amazed they got a qualified dentist to agree to that.

I'm sure he got a bit of cash out of it.

I can't watch that video at all... I'm just too scared of all dentists.. When I have to go to the dentist I'm already scared a month before I have to go there. :lol:

Seriously, guys? This is one of my favourite videos. They censored the video on TV and I was really pissed off...

Great OP Fatima!

This was one of my favourites when I was a kid, probably about 11. I remember asking my mum what methamphetamine meant. :lol:

Great OP Fatima!

This was one of my favourites when I was a kid, probably about 11. I remember asking my mum what methamphetamine meant. :lol:

Sooo, what was her reaction? :P

Seriously, guys? This is one of my favourite videos. They censored the video on TV and I was really pissed off...

Damn where you stay??

Mtv never censored it (from what I remember)

Archived