Your ideal Green Day show/playlist

Saint Walshie

23 hours ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

You just threw in 23. to make me:)

1.       Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Boys Don’t Cry /Fat Bottom Girls / Back in Black / Beat It

2.       Jesus of Suburbia

3.       She

4.       Ashley

5.       Longview

6.       X-Kid

7.       Let Your Go

8.       Nice Guys Finish Last

9.       Walking Contradiction

10.   When I Come Around

11.   Castaway

12.   St. Jimmy

13.   Kill the DJ

14.   Waiting

15.   21st Century Breakdown

16.   Holiday

17.   Only of You

18.   Fell For You

19.   Great Balls of Fire

20.   Basketcase

21.   American Idiot

ENCORE: 

22.   Letterbomb

23.   Hungry Hungry Model

24.   Peacemaker

25.   Boulevard of Broken Dreams

26.   Good Riddance 

• Like 1

On 5/5/2016 at 2:09 PM, JJ1964 said:

F(Woo) Time just doesn't have the same effect when anyone but Billie sings it.  It's OK to have it 4 times, but only Billie must sing it.:cry:

1.       Christian’s Inferno (they pull a fan onto the stage and change Christian to their name)

2.       Holiday

3.       Nice Guys Finish Last

4.       Basketcase

5.       Haha You’re Dead  (video screen with Donald Trump suffering 1000 ways to die.  Or as many that fit into a few minutes)

6.       Deatbeat Holiday     (Billie jumps into the crowd toward the end of this song…..)

7.       99 Revolutions     (he sings this one from the middle of the pit while moshing to prove how punk he is.  Haha)      

THE LIGHTS GO OUT and there sounds like a scuffle on the stage.  Finally, six masked men appear on stage as strands of red light bounce around the stage.   One of them says something in German and another translates “We are the Network.   And we’ve taken control of this concert!”  

Fink says “Let’s see if Billie is punk enough to get out of THIS!”  Video from backstage shows Billie and the gang tied up with rope and struggling to escape.  They can’t get out.   They are stuck .     

The Network give us an “encore” while Billie and the gang fight for their freedom.  (this is why you don’t start with David’s Inferno.   Stuff gets real)   

ENCORE:   

8.       Transisters Gone Wild

9.       Roshambo

10.   Supermodel Robots

11.   Jinx

12.   She

13.   Hybrid Moments / Imperial Death March / Slayer Reprise / No Rain / Young and Hopeless

14.   Welcome To Paradise

15.   F(woo) Time 

16.   Mother Mary

17.   Castaway 

Castaway starts in the style of The Network but suddenly the Last Gang in Town frees themselves and takes over, (after all the lights go out again of course).   An all out brawl in the dark breaks out but we know who will be victorious.   The lights come back on and the Network are all either unconscious or dead on the stage and Green Day are standing in their place.    Green Day day pick up the song where The Network left off and keep on playing.  

ENCORE II:  

18.   Wake Me up When September

19.   American Idiot

20.   St. Jimmy

21.   Letterbomb

22.   Minority

1 minute ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

These sets are getting crazy dude:ga:

They have gotten entertaining, that is for sure.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

They have gotten entertaining, that is for sure.

1.       Stop When the Red Lights Flash

2.       The Grouch

3.       Platypus (I hate you)

4.       St. Jimmy

5.       Drama Queen

6.       21st Century Breakdown

7.       Alison

8.       Surrender

9.       Bastards of Young

10.   Boys Don’t Cry   (Mike claims “we aren’t playing any more originals tonight folks” and laughs.) 

11.   Teenage Kicks

12.   Back in Black

13.   Welcome to the Jungle

14.   Bohemian Rhapsody / Who Let the Dogs Out   

15.   She   (dedicated to all the dudes in the house tonight)

16.   Kill the DJ (dedicated to all you guys who like EDM)

17.   The Kids are Alright  (Dedicated to all you dirty rotten old people in the crowd)

18.   Last of the American Girls  

19.   White Christmas  / Xmas Time of the Year

20.   Extraordinary Girl 

21.   Hitchin a Ride

ENCORE:   

22.   Scattered

23.   Misery

24.   Letterbomb

ENCORE 2:  

25.   Waiting

26.   Jesus of Suburbia / I Will Always Love You

27.   Smells Like Teen Spirit (Billie invites the front rows  to come onto the stage and go crazy.   While he is singing the final lines of the song the crowd destroys everything on the stage after the band encourages them to do so.   Jason and Tre light the curtains on fire and the whole place burns to the ground while Billie scream “A denial” over and over again.   As the stage falls apart, the band and all the kids stage dive back into the crowd remaining on the ground, moshing until everyone is so worn out they can’t mosh anymore.  

ENCORE:  After everyone has recovered from the maddest mosh ever, laying on the dirt and chatting with the band, Billie grabs his electric guitar and starts to leave.   He then sets up a mic and starts playing:   

28.   Good Riddance

Green Day run like super heroes to the next show and play a startlingly standard set list of all the hits and fan favorites.   

Meanwhile back at the concert that rapped up with Good Riddance, the Foxboro Hot Tubs come out and play a 5 hour set of unreleased stuff from the Network and everyone is confused and tired.   

They are excited to see the Tubbies but upon hearing what is apparently Omega 3000 in it's god awful entirety front to back, everyone gets angry.  It's nothing but their drummer screeching about how great Donald Trump is in NOT A SARCASTIC WAY.  4 Hours in, audience members beg them to stop but the band claims that once they hear the last act they will understand.  The tubbies put on Network masks and that helps a little, but it's just not the same.   The REV says they will never have Green Day as an opening band again and the band breaks up on the spot.   The Network come out to play FBHTs new album, Dosy Dos,  but after 5 country tracks that couldn't be worse if Metallica or the Misfits recorded them, the Network leaves as well, to their next gig in Frankland Texas, France.   

Green Day's Album 12 is a critical, commercial and fan failure.   It sells just over 400 copies.  

The Network's OMEGA 3000 and FBHT's Dosy Dos are amazing charter toppers and both band skyrocket to fame and notoriety.   They both become bigger than the Beatles, and all is right with the world.   

I'm throwing it out there that The Network should never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never appear in another set list.  I know hate is a very strong word, but damn I really hate The Network.  The Tubbies are always invited.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

I'm throwing it out there that The Network should never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never appear in another set list.  I know hate is a very strong word, but damn I really hate The Network.  The Tubbies are always invited.  

Rodeo Queens could do something.  They do still hang out with Jesse Malin apparently and he's really cool.   DEPRESSION TIMES!!!!     

(Also, Green Day murdered The Network in one of my set lists and in real life we haven't heard from them in what, 11 years....I think you're safe.   Sadly.  I liked those masked bastards)   

1: I Want to be on TV

2: Shoplifter

3: All the Time

4: Loss of Control

5: Having a Blast

6: Deadbeat Holiday

7: Give Me Novocaine

8: See You Tonight

9: I Was There

10: Nuclear Family

11: Jinx

12: Viva La Gloria

13: Extraordinary Girl

14: All the Time

15: Jackass

16: Brat

17: American Eulogy

18: Walking Alone

19: Sassafras Roots

20: X Kid

21: Murder City

22: Sweet Children

Encore

23: Brain Stew

24: When I Come Around

25: 21 Guns

• Like 2

7 hours ago, a123 said:

1: I Want to be on TV

2: Shoplifter

3: All the Time

4: Loss of Control

5: Having a Blast

6: Deadbeat Holiday

7: Give Me Novocaine

8: See You Tonight

9: I Was There

10: Nuclear Family

11: Jinx

12: Viva La Gloria

13: Extraordinary Girl

14: All the Time

15: Jackass

16: Brat

17: American Eulogy

18: Walking Alone

19: Sassafras Roots

20: X Kid

21: Murder City

22: Sweet Children

Encore

23: Brain Stew

24: When I Come Around

25: 21 Guns

You must really like all the time.?

all the time is so awesome, it has really great lyrics. it's one of the songs I needed to grow up to fully understand and it has only grown on me over the years. 

• Like 1

1.       Bankrobber

2.       The Saints Are Coming (U2 joins them on stage)

3.       Scattered   (with U2)

4.       99 Revolutions  (with U2)

5.       Another Girl, Another Planet / Jessie’s Girl

6.       Working Class Hero

7.       Longview

8.       Walking Contradiction

9.       Why Do You Want Him?

10.   I Fought The Law

11.   Last of the American Girls

12.   St. JIMMY (as the song ends Billie climbs way up at the top of the stage.   Everyone is freaking out because it’s so high up.   He jumps, falling about 60 feet down into the arms of his fans.  As he is carried around the bands starts the next song and he sings all of it from atop the masses)

13.   Homecoming (Billie Joe spends the whole songs crowd surfing and singing!) 

14.   American Idiot   (Tre Cool takes the mic as Billie finishes moshing in the crowd.   Tre does really great but Billie pushes him out of the way, saying “I’m taking the F***ing MIC!” where he usually says “I’m losing my F***ing mind!” and everyone laughs.  

15.   Jesus of Suburbia

16.   Are We the Waiting   (Bono joins them on stage yet again)

17.   Last Night on Earth (Bono / Mike Dirnt duet for some strange reason.)  (Bono leaves after this due to all the booing) 

18.   Armitage Shanks   (Tre sings part of this one too, but Billie quickly takes control again)

19.   X-Kid

20.   Oh Love

21.   She

22.   Basketcase

23.   Waiting

24.   Hitchin a Ride

ENCORE:  

25.   Dreamcatcher (Mike on lead vocals)

26.   Holiday

27.   Boulevard of Broken Dreams

28.   Letterbomb

29.   Wake Me Up When September Ends

30.   Minority 

31.   Good Riddance (Nobody Likes You Outro is used at the finale of the song)   (Also, Billie and Mike get into a really bad onstage fight.  Everyone thinks it's a joke at first but they start to really beat the crap out of each other.   Tre Cool bashes symbals over Billie's head and then punches his lights out, thanks everyone for coming out and the curtain closes.  Next show goes off without a hitch (except the one in a ride) and we aren't sure exactly what we just witnessed.   The end of Green Day??????  

(on GDA we speculate that Mike had simply heard Good Riddance one too many times, and it got the better of them.   They do not play it at the next 200 shows.   And sure enough at show 201, Billie gets his butt handed to him by his bassist.  Nobody wants to hear Good Riddance 500 times.   It's just ****** ridiculous.   Mike screams "THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!"   as he beats Billie into the stage  floor.      The screen behind them flashes "BAD RUBBISH"  over and over and everyone gets a good laugh, except Billie because he's nearly dead.    

Show 202 kicks off and Green Day keeps on rockin' into the '30's.    

The End.         

5 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Bankrobber! :ga: lol at the rest, especially u2 

Thought that would be a cool opener.  Everybody is expecting a fast paced Green Day rocker and they come with that cover!  It would throw everyone for a really cool loop.   Good Riddance was my introduction to Green Day (I know, I know) and maybe it's time to say Good Riddance to Good Riddance.  Or at least not do it at every show.  Make it as special as one can make something special after it's been played 498 over the course of 20 years.  Save it for the really, really rocking crowds that deserve two encores.  Put Letterbomb and Scattered in every show and we've got "ideal" shows!  Can't wait until I have new songs to put into my "ideal set lists"!!!!    Even imaginary or rumored titles would work.  When can we expect those?    

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thatdude03 said:

1.       Bankrobber

2.       The Saints Are Coming (U2 joins them on stage)

3.       Scattered   (with U2)

4.       99 Revolutions  (with U2)

5.       Another Girl, Another Planet / Jessie’s Girl

6.       Working Class Hero

7.       Longview

8.       Walking Contradiction

9.       Why Do You Want Him?

10.   I Fought The Law

11.   Last of the American Girls

12.   St. JIMMY (as the song ends Billie climbs way up at the top of the stage.   Everyone is freaking out because it’s so high up.   He jumps, falling about 60 feet down into the arms of his fans.  As he is carried around the bands starts the next song and he sings all of it from atop the masses)

13.   Homecoming (Billie Joe spends the whole songs crowd surfing and singing!) 

14.   American Idiot   (Tre Cool takes the mic as Billie finishes moshing in the crowd.   Tre does really great but Billie pushes him out of the way, saying “I’m taking the F***ing MIC!” where he usually says “I’m losing my F***ing mind!” and everyone laughs.  

15.   Jesus of Suburbia

16.   Are We the Waiting   (Bono joins them on stage yet again)

17.   Last Night on Earth (Bono / Mike Dirnt duet for some strange reason.)  (Bono leaves after this due to all the booing) 

18.   Armitage Shanks   (Tre sings part of this one too, but Billie quickly takes control again)

19.   X-Kid

20.   Oh Love

21.   She

22.   Basketcase

23.   Waiting

24.   Hitchin a Ride

ENCORE:  

25.   Dreamcatcher (Mike on lead vocals)

26.   Holiday

27.   Boulevard of Broken Dreams

28.   Letterbomb

29.   Wake Me Up When September Ends

30.   Minority 

31.   Good Riddance (Nobody Likes You Outro is used at the finale of the song)   (Also, Billie and Mike get into a really bad onstage fight.  Everyone thinks it's a joke at first but they start to really beat the crap out of each other.   Tre Cool bashes symbals over Billie's head and then punches his lights out, thanks everyone for coming out and the curtain closes.  Next show goes off without a hitch (except the one in a ride) and we aren't sure exactly what we just witnessed.   The end of Green Day??????  

(on GDA we speculate that Mike had simply heard Good Riddance one too many times, and it got the better of them.   They do not play it at the next 200 shows.   And sure enough at show 201, Billie gets his butt handed to him by his bassist.  Nobody wants to hear Good Riddance 500 times.   It's just ****** ridiculous.   Mike screams "THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!"   as he beats Billie into the stage  floor.      The screen behind them flashes "BAD RUBBISH"  over and over and everyone gets a good laugh, except Billie because he's nearly dead.    

Show 202 kicks off and Green Day keeps on rockin' into the '30's.    

The End.         

Dude the bitch is gonna say something about 3.?

12. Has been done in NY - can't remember the song. 

• Like 1

Going to Pasalacqua

Having a blast

Longview

Letterbomb

Stuck with me

No Pride

X kid

Stuart and the ave

Who wrote holden Caufield

One of my lies

Only of you

Disappearing boy

No one knows

Westboud sign

Uptight

Welcome to paradise

Basket case

She

When I come around

Brain Stew

Panic Song

FOD

Paper lanterns

Redundant

Scattered

Waiting 

Minority

American idiot

Jesus of suburbia

Whatsername

Encore 1

Nice guys funish last

Hitchin a Ride

JAR

Deadbeat Holiday

8th ave serenade

Christie Road

21st century breakdown

2000 light years away

Sassafras Roots

Worry Rock

Homecoming

Acoustic Encore

Pulling teeth

Misery

Hold on

Walking Alone

Macys day parade

Words I might have ate

Time of your life

Encore 3 

All by myself

Dominated Love Slave

Road to Acceptance

3 hours ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

Dude the bitch is gonna say something about 3.?

12. Has been done in NY - can't remember the song. 

Damn I;ve been so busy I didn't even notice that.  Dude, #3 is sacrilegious!!!   How could you even have it in your head pairing the sainted Scattered with that greasy haired, arrogant donkey???  I'm so disappointed in you.  :(

The show you are thinking of was Irving Plaza but I don't think it was St. Jimmy.  I can't remember what song it was.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

You must really like all the time.?

Ooops, I didn't realise I'd put that song down twice! :cry:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

Damn I;ve been so busy I didn't even notice that.  Dude, #3 is sacrilegious!!!   How could you even have it in your head pairing the sainted Scattered with that greasy haired, arrogant donkey???  I'm so disappointed in you.  :(

The show you are thinking of was Irving Plaza but I don't think it was St. Jimmy.  I can't remember what song it was.  

1.       St. Jimmy

2.       Scattered

3.       Baby Eyes

4.       F(woo) Time

5.       Redundant

6.       The Saints are Coming

7.       Walking Contradiction

8.       Dry Ice

9.       Road to Acceptance

10.   X-Kid

11.   Let Yourself GO! 

12.   Waiting

13.   Holiday

14.   Jesus Of Suburbia

15.   Kill the DJ

16.   Murder City

17.   Extraordinary Girl    

18.   She’s a Rebel

19.   King for a Day (joined on stage by a female dressed as Fink from The Network.  No explanation is given although on the screen the words “SEX CHANGES R US”  and “F*** YOU SISGENDER MOTHER******S”  flash across the screen as she performs the song with them.  Her voice is familiar and there is much speculation about who she could be.)

20.   Hello (Adele) / Seasons in the Sun / Goodbye to Romance / Hybrid Moments

21.   The Forgotten   (the female Fink pull a girl out of the audience and makes out with her on stage.)   

22.   Working Class Hero

23.   Hitchin a Ride

ENCORE: 

24.   Horseshoes and Hand Grenades

25.   Nice Guys Finish Last

26.   21 Guns

27.   Macy’s Day Parade

28.   Minority

29.   American Idiot

(Fink takes off her mask and no recognizes here.  It is announced that it is in fact Fink, now a female, and that she has made amends with Green Day.   She will be the fifth member of the band from here on out.  

Her name is now Finkina Bershawin and she’s Green Day’s third guitar player now.  

welcome to paradise

baskat case

platypus

stjimmy

carpe diem

when i come around

good riddance

6 hours ago, fALaFeL said:

welcome to paradise

baskat case

platypus

stjimmy

carpe diem

when i come around

good riddance

1.       Carpe Diem

2.       Know Your Enemy

3.       21 Guns

4.       Hitchin a Ride

5.       Hybrid Moments

6.       Governator

7.       When I Come Around

8.       Last of the American Girls

9.       She’s A Rebel

10.   St. Jimmy

11.   Sweet Children

12.   Redundant

13.   Jaded

14.   Longview

15.   Rotting

16.   Espionage

17.   Fashion Victim

18.   Wake Me Up When September Ends

19.   Nice Guys Finish Last

20.   Having a Blast

21.   Letterbomb

22.   She

23.   JAR

24.   Welcome to Paradise

ENCORE: 

25.   The Saints are Coming

26.   Geek Stink Breath

27.   Basketcase

28.   Boulavard of Broken Dreams

ENCORE II:  

29.   Minority

30.   American Idiot 

Set list of Michael's wildest Dreams:

Song of the Century 

Longview

(I'd hold up a sign letting Billy Joe how much I would love coming up on stage and playing with them! )

Then I'd be in their band for the afternoon! That's all I want! ; )

• 2 months later...

THAT DUDE HAS RETURNED:   

1.       Jesus of Suburbia

2.       Hitchin a Ride

3.       American Idiot

4.       Maria

5.       Armatage Shanks

6.       Stray Heart

7.       BANG BANG

8.       Blood Sex and Booze

9.       Let Yourself GO

10.   Brainstew

11.   Stuck With Me

12.   Longview

13.   St. Jimmy

14.   Church on Sunday

15.   Holiday

16.   Last of the American Girls

17.   Nuclear Family

18.   Loss of Control

19.   Jaded  

20.   Homecoming

21.   Last Ride In

22.   Waiting

23.   Stay the Night

24.   Christie Road

ENCORE:  

25.   She

26.   When I Come Around

27.   Basketcase

28.   Boulevard of Broken Dreams

29.   Good Riddance

40 minutes ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

Yay dude is back - I'm keen for Longview to get the axe as well😏

Where is revrad 

1.       BANG BANG

2.       Holiday

3.       99 Revolutions

4.       X-Kid

5.       American Idiot

6.       She

7.       Walking Contradiction

8.       Stray Heart

9.       Jesus of Suburbia

10.   21 Guns

11.   Westside Highway / Teenage Kicks

12.   I Want to be Alone

13.   Kill the DJ

14.   Know Your Enemy

15.   21st Century Breakdown

16.   When I Come Around

17.   Baba O Reilly

18.   Brutal Love

ENCORE:

19.   Hitchin a Ride (with special guest Lady Cobra)

20.   Stay the Night

21.   Minority

22.   When It’s Time

23.   Good Riddance

ENCORE 2: 

1.       No One Knows