Saint Walshie

Nightlife 

Nightlife 

Nightlife 

KFAD 

Nightlife 

Fuck Time/I'll be back you motherfuckers

Encore: Nightlife 

If you just take out KFAD, this setlist is perfect.

If you just take out KFAD, this setlist is perfect.

I'm willing to replace it with Lady Cobra.

Seriously, I'd love to hear Nightlife, Lady Cobra and other Dos songs live. They must be entertaining.  

• Like 3

In this order: 

American Idiot

Brain Stew/Jaded

Having a Blast

Know Your Enemy

Stay The Night

St. Jimmy

Let Yourself Go

One of My Lies

Basket Case

She

When I Come Around

Stop When the Red Lights Flash

Letterbomb

21 Guns

King For A Day/Shout

Good Riddance

ENCORE:

21st Century Breakdown

Dirty Rotten Bastards

x-Kid

Jesus of Suburbia

In this order: 

American Idiot

Brain Stew/Jaded

Having a Blast

Know Your Enemy

Stay The Night

St. Jimmy

Let Yourself Go

One of My Lies

Basket Case

She

When I Come Around

Stop When the Red Lights Flash

Letterbomb

21 Guns

King For A Day/Shout

Good Riddance

ENCORE:

21st Century Breakdown

Dirty Rotten Bastards

x-Kid

Jesus of Suburbia

Nice first post - welcome to the forum but remember no KFAD allowed:dry:

I'm willing to replace it with Lady Cobra.

Seriously, I'd love to hear Nightlife, Lady Cobra and other Dos songs live. They must be entertaining.  

YES!  Dos is the album that has gotten the least amount of attention live compared to all the others.  Baby Eyes, Nightlife and See you Tonight have never been played, and the rest have just been played a few times.  Stop When the Red Light Flash got a lot of play but that was it.   Also.    LAZY BONES.   LAZY BONES.    LAZY BONES.   

YES!  Dos is the album that has gotten the least amount of attention live compared to all the others.  Baby Eyes, Nightlife and See you Tonight have never been played, and the rest have just been played a few times.  Stop When the Red Light Flash got a lot of play but that was it.   Also.    LAZY BONES.   LAZY BONES.    LAZY BONES.   

Feel free to put Nightlife in one of your set lists.  Just remember, I'm singing the Lady Cobra part.

• Like 2

Nice first post - welcome to the forum but remember no KFAD allowed:dry:

WHY NOT?! Nothing gets my juices going like a good 11 minute vamp. 

Yeah, if one trilogy song actually conveys emotion , it's LB. Not playing it live is a shame. 

In my opinion it is always the same, embarrassing bore. 

Edited by Jane Lannister

Its dead and old - have a look at the clip of the HOB - it was just embarrassing.

1. They've been doing it for over a decade. The same damn thing. For over 10 years.

2. The band clearly doesn't even try anymore. At the 21CB show I went to, Billie Joe literally laid down onstage and did nothing for about a minute. I wasn't sure if they cued in pyro for effect or to wake him up.

3. The 12-15 minutes KFAD/Shout eats up could be used for 2-4 other songs that we haven't been hearing at every fucking show since the dawn of the millennium.

4. The horse is dead. It was dead when the AI tour ended, but they kept beating it. Billie Joe pulled out a baseball bat and he kept beating that poor, dead horse, and he continues to beat it to this day.

Oh they don't do the same thing! They change up the costumes, the stuff they say, the covers they do, the flashing/humping etc Billie does, the band members that sing the "waaaaaiiit a minute" bit. The laying on the stage has always been part of it, and he doesn't do nothing :P, he sings covers, makes jokes, does call and response with the crowd and does silly things like crawling over and whispering in Mike's ear. The American Idiot tour version of it was quite basic but they've added loads of stuff and improvised a lot more since then.

I think they actually vary the performance of KFAD/Shout more than they do pretty much any other song (with the vast majority they either continue the same little traditions year after year or just play them straight through, don't they?), I've heard and seen more unique amusing things during it than any other. Maybe not everyone is still entertained by it having seen it multiple times but I think the band themselves clearly are, and it's always loads of fun when you're there in the crowd watching it :happy:. King For A Day forever!

• Like 2

Oh they don't do the same thing! They change up the costumes, the stuff they say, the covers they do, the flashing/humping etc Billie does, the band members that sing the "waaaaaiiit a minute" bit. The laying on the stage has always been part of it, and he doesn't do nothing :P, he sings covers, makes jokes, does call and response with the crowd and does silly things like crawling over and whispering in Mike's ear. The American Idiot tour version of it was quite basic but they've added loads of stuff and improvised a lot more since then.

I think they actually vary the performance of KFAD/Shout more than they do pretty much any other song (with the vast majority they either continue the same little traditions year after year or just play them straight through, don't they?), I've heard and seen more unique amusing things during it than any other. Maybe not everyone is still entertained by it having seen it multiple times but I think the band themselves clearly are, and it's always loads of fun when you're there in the crowd watching it :happy:. King For A Day forever!

Gotta disagree - its plain boring to watch in the crowd now.  People sigh & definitely at Soundwave people left to go to another stage.  HOB Billie was clearly lost in the song.  Personally now that I am old I will use this opportunity as a toilet break - No more KFAD.

Gotta disagree - its plain boring to watch in the crowd now.  People sigh & definitely at Soundwave people left to go to another stage.  HOB Billie was clearly lost in the song.  Personally now that I am old I will use this opportunity as a toilet break - No more KFAD.

Really?! I last saw it in 2012 at Shepherds Bush and the crowd was well into it and Billie was too grinning and giggling away. I blame the festival crowd :P. Like I get if you'd seen it lots of times and were tired of it but the performance of it is as energetic as ever so I don't see why it'd be less entertaining for someone seeing it the first or second time (ie the majority of any crowd) now than before. They perform other songs the same way over and over as well, I don't know why KFAD gets singled out when at least with that you get varied covers/jokes/call and response/costumes/antics.

I know Billie said years ago he likes performing it live because of how great it is to see college guys etc jumping up and down to a song about cross-dressing and acceptance. Gotta say I love that aspect of it too, everyone dancing around and singing along to that particular song. Maybe that's why he's so fond of it (that and getting to dress up and mess around anyway :lol:).

Really?! I last saw it in 2012 at Shepherds Bush and the crowd was well into it and Billie was too grinning and giggling away. I blame the festival crowd :P. Like I get if you'd seen it lots of times and were tired of it but the performance of it is as energetic as ever so I don't see why it'd be less entertaining for someone seeing it the first or second time (ie the majority of any crowd) now than before. They perform other songs the same way over and over as well, I don't know why KFAD gets singled out when at least with that you get varied covers/jokes/call and response/costumes/antics.

I know Billie said years ago he likes performing it live because of how great it is to see college guys etc jumping up and down to a song about cross-dressing and acceptance. Gotta say I love that aspect of it too, everyone dancing around and singing along to that particular song. Maybe that's why he's so fond of it (that and getting to dress up and mess around anyway :lol:).

I think it is because it is the song that sticks out the most.  Yes, they do other songs the same at every show, but this one is very theatrical and one of the most memorable.  I think they can keep similar antics, just change the song up that way it will seem fresher.

• Like 1

I think it is because it is the song that sticks out the most.  Yes, they do other songs the same at every show, but this one is very theatrical and one of the most memorable.  I think they can keep similar antics, just change the song up that way it will seem fresher.

This is probably true. I don't know what other song would work as well for silly antics though :lol:. I think they could keep it (and I want them to :P), maybe just make it a bit shorter with new antics to keep it fresh rather than adding more and more to the existing ones as they've been doing since American Idiot. Although if they did find a way to perform another song in such a fun and theatrical way I'd be up for that too.

they should cut it from the setlist because I hate it ? bloody should have told BJ that at soundwave .

This is probably true. I don't know what other song would work as well for silly antics though :lol:. I think they could keep it (and I want them to :P), maybe just make it a bit shorter with new antics to keep it fresh rather than adding more and more to the existing ones as they've been doing since American Idiot. Although if they did find a way to perform another song in such a fun and theatrical way I'd be up for that too.

I think Dirty Rotten Bastards would work very well.  Yes, they can also change up the antics as well.  I dont' think it is the fun aspect of it that anyone minds, just that it has pretty much been the same for 10 years.   

they should cut it from the setlist because I hate it ? bloody should have told BJ that at soundwave .

Well now, I think you blew an opportunity didn't you.  If it was me, I would have said it.  I would have had no problems talking to him.  :dry:

I think Dirty Rotten Bastards would work very well.  Yes, they can also change up the antics as well.  I dont' think it is the fun aspect of it that anyone minds, just that it has pretty much been the same for 10 years.   

Well now, I think you blew an opportunity didn't you.  If it was me, I would have said it.  I would have had no problems talking to him.  :dry:

I'm sure I will get another opportunity ????

• Like 1

Other songs aren't 15 fucking minutes long.

Other songs aren't 15 fucking minutes long.

I forgot to mention that I'm not that bothered how many songs they play during a show :P. As long as the show as a whole is a decent length and I'm being entertained throughout it I'm happy, and since I find King For A Day to be one of the most entertaining songs they perform I'm happy for it to go on a long time in place of a couple of less eventful ones.

If you felt too shy to speak for yourself you could've told him that Jane says hello and hopes she won't have to listen to that ugly song the next time he drags his lazy old ass to Europe. 

I forgot to mention that I'm not that bothered how many songs they play during a show :P. As long as the show as a whole is a decent length and I'm being entertained throughout it I'm happy, and since I find King For A Day to be one of the most entertaining songs they perform I'm happy for it to go on a long time in place of a couple of less eventful ones.

I hope that the next time you see Green Day, they skip King for a Day and play a 15-minute extended mashup of Nightlife and Kill the DJ instead, with a few snippets of One Direction's greatest hits thrown in for good measure.

1. Restless Heart Syndrome
  2. Holiday
  3. When I Come Around
  4. Are We the Waiting
  5. Strangeland
  6. 99 Revolutions
  7. Let Yourself GO
  8. East Jesus Nowhere
  9. Basketcase
  10. Homecoming
  11. Shout / Stand By Me
  12. Sex DRUG VIOLENCE