Billie Joe on the cover of Rolling Stone "The Road Back From Hell"

Sanity Loan

Lol yeah I agree with 99 revolutions its not that great but I don't trust billie's opinion when it comes to his favorite gd songs since he loves Know Your Enemy and never plays the better songs of 21cb except east jesus nowhere live.

But I've read the interview again and still am so proud of him for being so open about his addiction I didn't really expect him to since it's really not any of our business. I mean I wouldn't if were in his position and if some reporter asked about my rehab I would be like one of those no comments people. i really hope he's ready for this tour since he mentions he didn't know if he was complety ready, but billie isn't someone who can sit around for a long time. So hopefully all will be well.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'm going to break down and just read the article tonight. Every fucking place I go still has the goddamn February issue and I'm getting to pissed! I can't wait forever!

Sounds healthy to me... :)

Rehab doesn´t mean that much. Half a year is nothing. Understanding in the mind is only a first, very small step. In your mind you know the solution and it seems easy: stay away. Keep your sobriety. But the real struggle lies still in front of you. And the memory will remember all the fucking good moments under pill and alcohol influence. And ignore the bad experiences.

It´s not about keeping alcohol away from him or banning it from backstage. It´s a matter of finding, confronting and dealing with the reason for the abuse. And the interview doesn´t sound like he´s really done with it. Resolutions - yes. Solutions - we´ll see...

Thanks you Alissa for uploading this. A very good read :)

I understand being concerned, but I think nit picking the interview and pulling it apart and not finding absolute answers to everything is just going to make people feel worse about something you can't control. I like the tone of the interview and its uncertain vibe because its honest - if he said he's all better now and he's got this, this and this planned out, that wouldn't be right either. The fact he says he's not completely sure he's ready is a good thing. And not talking about any particular plans to stay sober is his choice - I like that he chose a light hearted response to that. I'm sure realistically he has plans.

Plus also this is Billie, who lives for the stage and who I'm sure is dying to get back out there. But at the same time I'm confident that at the first sign of danger appropriate action would be taken.

I just think its pointless trying to find a nice neat solution to everything in this situation. There never will be one.

HAH that's my Tumblr! :lol: I also posted that on page 27 in this thread :)

But excuse me while I have a moment over the fact that people actually look at my Tumblr.

Sorry, Didn't see it, Props to you :D

Wow what a great interview, it was more like a genuine conversation with him than a question/answer. I think he was brave for deciding to talk about it, and I felt that Billie was very open and honest. It must be strange for him to think about touring with GD and not having a drink. I mean GD is such a party band, by that I mean a few social drinks etc. I just hope Billie is strong enough. He is lucky though to have such strong support from Addriene and Mike, and the management.

Lol yeah I agree with 99 revolutions its not that great but I don't trust billie's opinion when it comes to his favorite gd songs since he loves Know Your Enemy and never plays the better songs of 21cb except east jesus nowhere live.

But I've read the interview again and still am so proud of him for being so open about his addiction I didn't really expect him to since it's really not any of our business. I mean I wouldn't if were in his position and if some reporter asked about my rehab I would be like one of those no comments people. i really hope he's ready for this tour since he mentions he didn't know if he was complety ready, but billie isn't someone who can sit around for a long time. So hopefully all will be well.

Shut up already!! Know Your Enemy is an excellent song, very meaningful to the story in the album! Everyone here always says he just repeats the chorus the whole song and that's not true. The whole repeating thing in that song is because it's actually Gloria preaching to the working class. So stop hating on this song!

When he said that 99 revolutions was propably the song with the greatest lyrics he wrote, I was kind of suprised.

Yes it contains great lyrics, but it's very repetitive and I don't think it's part of Billie's greatest work. Maybe he was more talking about the meaning of that song. Don't know.

Artists shouldn't criticise their work, I mean Mark Twain thought his best book was Joan of Ark.

But the artist might think this for emotional/personal reasons like Billie does. Like the time he wrote it or the meaning of the lyrics for example.

You should all become counselors of alcohol and drug addiction.

Because nothing screams experience like teenagers.

Billie has often said there's not a better drug in the world than performing on stage. Hopefully he'll realize that performing on stage sober, able to feel all of it for real and not in a haze, is something EVEN better. I'm hoping once he starts really experiencing Green Day with a clear mind he'll be like, "Holy shit, is this what I was missing?" He liked the feeling of floating on air, and that's something he can totally get from performing without drugs.

The tricky thing with the prescriptions is that the guy is still going to be suffering from anxiety and insomnia, probably worse than before because he's worried he'll fall off the wagon, but he won't have any medication to help him sleep or calm down. Personally, I suck at meditation any time I try to do it, but I hope Billie finds it helpful.

thats really great that he wants to be in a band up to he's 50s and 60s that means we have ahead more and more world class albums for today many bands and singers are good but they don't have what green day has an experience of 26 years :)) waiting for ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME :)))

Full scans were already posted on page 37. But thanks anyway! :)

Ah, I wasn't going to go thru the whole 20 pages of unread content last night, so I didn't know we had the scans :lol: thanks for letting me know though :)

I was thinking about how he in this interview says almost exactly what he already said in his lyrics in this trilogy... All his life and feelings are in those lyrics, all whay he's been going through... Like someone else mentioned earlier in this thread, for example the lyrics of Lazy Bones... exactly what he said in the interview.. he doesn't want the sympathy, only the piece of mind... And also Sex, drugs and violence, there is a line: Wherever the night takes me, like a stowaway... But originally that line was: wherever the night takes me, to another mistake (from the lyrics sheet that have been shown in Cuatro)... Exactly what he said in the interview, that he didn't know where he ends up at the end of the night... I love his lyrics even more now... they're all so honest, like I said, all his life and personal experiences are there, in those lyrics...

I don't know how you feel about this, but after reading the interview, I'm somehow a bit scared about the upcoming tour. I mean, Billie said himself that he's not sure if he's ready. Maybe it is too early. Somehow I think, maybe they just should have cancelled the whole 2013 tour, think everything through for a while, get their heads free and plan a great come-back in 2014. Don't get me wrong, I'm dying to see Green Day live this year - but there is just so much at stake. Billie said that in the interview: That he could have lost everything, that he could have lost the band. What if he isn't stable enough to resist? I mean, there will be so many temptations at the tour - drunk people and alcohol everywhere. And it will be a lot of stress, too, and that will mean sleepless nights. Maybe the tour is too much only six months after a breakdown like this. I hope that my worries are baseless, though. And I hope Billie has enough root beer with him all the time... All that I know is that I will be supporting the band more than ever when I see them live in my country in June - it takes a lot of courage to talk about this stuff the way Billie did.

That's exactly my fear too. That he starts the tour and realize he's not enough ready to finish it and stops everything. That would be awful knowing that we will got that kind of bad news twice in the year. (I mean the first time they announced they were cancelling and they postponed some dates).

But if he really needs it that's ok thought. I can't wait to see what the group will look like on stage knowing that the situation will be completely different this time.

I was thinking about how he in this interview says almost exactly what he already said in his lyrics in this trilogy... All his life and feelings are in those lyrics, all whay he's been going through... Like someone else mentioned earlier in this thread, for example the lyrics of Lazy Bones... exactly what he said in the interview.. he doesn't want the sympathy, only the piece of mind... And also Sex, drugs and violence, there is a line: Wherever the night takes me, like a stowaway... But originally that line was: wherever the night takes me, to another mistake (from the lyrics sheet that have been shown in Cuatro)... Exactly what he said in the interview, that he didn't know where he ends up at the end of the night... I love his lyrics even more now... they're all so honest, like I said, all his life and personal experiences are there, in those lyrics...

At first I thought the trilogy lyrics were kind of poor, but when you realize what happened to him they take so much sense. Lazy Bone is the perfect example.

That's exactly my fear too. That he starts the tour and realize he's not enough ready to finish it and stops everything. That would be awful knowing that we will got that kind of bad news twice in the year. (I mean the first time they announced they were cancelling and they postponed some dates).

But if he really needs it that's ok thought. I can't wait to see what the group will look like on stage knowing that the situation will be completely different this time.

I mean, that's the thing, I don't think he or management would be willing to cancel a second tour. It would just be too painful for everyone involved. It's really a "You better be able to handle this" kind of thing.

I mean, that's the thing, I don't think he or management would be willing to cancel a second tour. It would just be too painful for everyone involved. It's really a "You better be able to handle this" kind of thing.

And I hope that won't happen. Like you said in the page before, Billie still suffer from anxiety and insomnia and he will stop the medication. If during the tour he feels like he can't do it, just imagine how he will be stressed at the idea of cancelling the tour and got millions of deceiving fans for the second time. :S

I need to be optimist. Everything will be alright. :P

I keep my fingers crossed that he will make it. Insomnia, workaholism, and anxiety are not a very good combination...

The good thing about Green Day is that they aren't the typical, apathetic, deal with it kind of band. It won't be "You better be able to handle this", it'll be "We will do this together and MAKE SURE you get through this"

Archived