Billie Joe on the cover of Rolling Stone "The Road Back From Hell"

Sanity Loan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does anyone here have experience with the combination of anti-anxiety and sleep medication? i'm sure that too much of anything is bad, but it sounds like billie joe wasn't on any pain killers. in other words, were the "drugs" THAT bad..? to me, it seems like his big problem was alcohol. in fact, i don't remember billie joe saying that he was quitting the prescriptions in the article..

He said the drugs to calm him down were what he took before going on stage and now he has to find another way to calm his nerves, or something to that effect. He was detoxing from the drugs, not just the drink.

does anyone here have experience with the combination of anti-anxiety and sleep medication? i'm sure that too much of anything is bad, but it sounds like billie joe wasn't on any pain killers. in other words, were the "drugs" THAT bad..? to me, it seems like his big problem was alcohol. in fact, i don't remember billie joe saying that he was quitting the prescriptions in the article..

Well, sleep medication makes you fall asleep, anti-anxiety pills essentially calm you down and relax you, and alcohol is a depressive. If you combine the three (or any pills and alcohol for that matter) it's bound to be deadly.

The drugs themselves weren't bad or anything - they're probably the same drugs that are prescribed to many people for the same reasons. But those kinds of drugs are narcotics. You can easily get addicted to them. But to answer your question, no they weren't that bad. They were medications that he took for legitimate reasons that he just got addicted to. It sadly happens to a lot of people.

Yeah I do. And at first it was good I slept just fine and I almost didn't feel any anxiety. I had to take pills every couple hours (I'd imagine billie would do the same) just to feel a little peace. But after a while I felt drugged all the time and didn't feel myself anymore I was almost like a zombie. I didn't had any issues with alcohol but I do drink more nowadays. I quit with the pills it was hard at first but I pulled through and even though I sleep less well and I feel more anxiety I do feel better and never want to take pills again. So hopefully Billie will feel the same way eventually.

^ I don't know if its going in a circle just yet, but I do think that the answers that a lot of people are looking for will only be found once they start performing again. Which is, lucky for us, quite soon. :)

He said the drugs to calm him down were what he took before going on stage and now he has to find another way to calm his nerves, or something to that effect. He was detoxing from the drugs, not just the drink.

Oh lord lord I could never be a famous star because I'm way to anxious so no wonder billie got addicted to pills. I'm just glad he got over it because those things will legit turn you into zombies.

Also, anybody else think Billie's head looks disproportionately big? :D

Yes! First thing I thought :)

Also, anybody else think Billie's head looks disproportionately big? :D

LOL I always thought his head was too big since I first became fan of GD and his torso is long and his legs are too short. He is a funny looking short man :happy:

But his face will always be beautiful to me.

I feel like talking about this is going in a circle.

It's the result of dozens of people passionate about the same thing who all want to voice their opinions.

New topic: Does it look like he got new tattoos to anybody else or is it just me? Maybe just because he's wearing shorter sleeves than usual, but it looks like he has two full sleeves now.

New topic: Does it look like he got new tattoos to anybody else or is it just me? Maybe just because he's wearing shorter sleeves than usual, but it looks like he has two full sleeves now.

I think he has the same tattoos, i don´t see a new one

At first I was thinking he got new tattoos, but I really think it is just the way his arms are positioned that make it look as though he has two full sleeves. i think he still only has the one sleeve, but he's getting pretty close to having one on the other arm, too!

I love how prominently his tats are displayed on the cover. They're awesome.

His head always looks disproportionate to the rest of his body in pictures. :lol: He has a tiny body and tall hair!

I have been waiting for this interview since what went down Im sooo excited to read it!Aw I'm glad Billie's opening up and letting us know what happend!

I just saw a headline on People.com about the RS article and my heart hurt. I'll never get used to seeing his name come up on celebrity sites. Its so strange. I love pop culture and those kinds of websites, but for the most part, their news seems so insignificant. But they talk about Billie, this person that I love so much and have so much respect for, and I almost get mad at them for just throwing him in with all the other famous people. For other famous people, I don't think twice about them gossiping about their personal lives. But Billie? i can't stand the thought of his privacy being disrespected by tabloids in any way.

I just saw a headline on People.com about the RS article and my heart hurt. I'll never get used to seeing his name come up on celebrity sites. Its so strange. I love pop culture and those kinds of websites, but for the most part, their news seems so insignificant. But they talk about Billie, this person that I love so much and have so much respect for, and I almost get mad at them for just throwing him in with all the other famous people. For other famous people, I don't think twice about them gossiping about their personal lives. But Billie? i can't stand the thought of his privacy being disrespected by tabloids in any way.

Here in my country when happens all the thing with Iheartradio those gossip shows were talking about him when they never ever talks about him or Green Day, i was very upset about that, but i guess that´s what happen when you have a meltdown in the public eye. I just hope that they talk about him too now that he´s better.

Hah, can you prove that he's drank before every single show he's done over the past 16 years? Can you account for every single drop of alcohol that passed his lips? Yeah.

I know Billie will be fine. It seems this rehab has finally allowed him to find himself, and sort himself out, or at least start building the blocks.

they've said many times that they do shots of whiskey before every show, right before going on stage. it'll be very hard. he can do it, but it'll be hard.

So I've read those Instagram scans, and I see it included pics like from IHeart and him and 80 leaving Zuckerberg's wedding, but did the article include any other new photo besides the cover? I thought there was one but it hasn't surfaced yet?

Archived