Billie Joe on the cover of Rolling Stone "The Road Back From Hell"

Sanity Loan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those pictures kinda suck, it leaves out big parts but whatever I'll just wait for the real scans.

How do you add the "spoiler" thing. I want to mention something but I don't want to spoil the article for those who are waiting.

I'm currently in therapy for Social Anxiety Disorder which is hell to live through so I know how hard it must have been for Billie to live with a mental illness that probably affected him severely.

"I hope to be on a park bench with him when I'm old, feeding fucking birds and having conversations"

Manly tears!!!!

Great read! I wonder how Billie is going to be sober. I am sure the alcohol gave him the courage he needed, but now that he knows what to do, he doesn't need it anymore. I'm so excited for the tour!

I almost had a heart attack when I saw this on my google news feed. I'm still shaking because of it. HE'S REALLY BACK YOU GUYS!!!!!

tumblr_mcqgmd4L4I1ruwe4a1.gif

Well, in addition to just reading the article on instagram, my dad's aunt just passed away. Fitting... :sad:

I can't wait to get my hands on this! I like how they seemed so sneaky with this sort of thing!! They announce the tour, don't do any press and then BAM! Rolling Stone cover.

Great article. It's sad to see how bad he really was, but it's also good to see him recognizing all of his problems. It definetly "humanizes" him. As someone who's dealt with alcoholism in my family, it made me so happy to see him addressing how destructive he'd become and how he didn't really realize it until the shit hit the fan.

If anything, my respect has gone up for him. I just wanna give him a big ol' hug :lol:

That was SO fucking good. The interviewer asked great questions. I love the part where he talks about leading up to the meltdown.

God damn. He is way too good looking for this planet. Cannot wait to have this in my hands!!!

Waiting to read it, but for those of you who've read it, would you say it's more depressing or uplifting? And does he talk at all about how their live shows will be different, or new music? That's all I want to know.

Archived