Song of the Week Calendar. Thanks to everyone who participated

HolidayContradiction

the All By Myself SOTW messed with me, it was super funny, and I love the song, but I thought last week was the Nimrod songs? I was looking forward to that! lol, the only reason I didn't write one for it, was because I missed the due date for them. So is there going to be one for it, or did you guys just decide to skip it or something?

It's possible we have to change the calendar simply because we don't get an application and one of us has to write. I think Marte knew I would enjoy writing about that song, as it has a special place in my heart.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry about that! It messed me up too as I've been gone from the internet for about a week while moving and none of us remembered to pick a writer for the Nimrod. If you get the application in to us by the end of the day, we'll do the Nimrod this weekend and put Minority back a couple of weeks. Wake Me Up When September Ends will still be at next week as it's the beginning of September

I see, lol, ooh the pressure, I'll try to come up with something, no guarantee though lol.

It's possible we have to change the calendar simply because we don't get an application and one of us has to write. I think Marte knew I would enjoy writing about that song, as it has a special place in my heart.

I understand, I was just confused, lol, it's not fair we didn't have a chance to compete with writing for All By Myself! lolol, na, I loved yours. I'm more of a fan of Dominated Love Slave and Food Around The Corner, but we all have our different tastes in Tre songs!

I understand, I was just confused, lol, it's not fair we didn't have a chance to compete with writing for All By Myself! lolol, na, I loved yours. I'm more of a fan of Dominated Love Slave and Food Around The Corner, but we all have our different tastes in Tre songs!

Billie wrote All by Myself, apparently :/

Billie wrote All by Myself, apparently :/

Really?! I've never even heard about that.. how do you know this?

Really?! I've never even heard about that.. how do you know this?

aparently it's on GD.com, and in the tab book for dookie.

aparently it's on GD.com, and in the tab book for dookie.

interesting.. that song has been played since like 92 or 93.. I'm surprised that he wrote it, now I'm questioning Food Around The Corner... lol

Wow, this is actually very ironic. I REALLY wanted to do a song from Nimrod (because I love it so), and when I get back on today I see that the deadline was my birthday. A sign, I think so.

interesting.. that song has been played since like 92 or 93.. I'm surprised that he wrote it, now I'm questioning Food Around The Corner... lol

No one in Green Day wrote Food Around the Corner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGwA7zmbryY

:P

No one in Green Day wrote Food Around the Corner

this broke my heart.. lol, but I always had a weird feeling that it wasn't a Tre written song, because it has nothing sexual in it, unless you have an extremely perverted mind lol

• 3 weeks later...

I want to thanks everyone who participated and made the Song of the Week something fun and memorable! and a special thanks to those who applied to write the OP's. We never could have done it without you guys!

Unfortunately though, the interest in it has winded down and as we had to drag applications out of you guys or write them ourselves we found it wasn't worth doing it anymore.

I would've applied this time, but honestly, the title put me off. Otherwise, I was hoping there would be more of this, to apply for real. So, you might want to give it another chance?

I bet you didn't expect that. :P

I would've applied this time, but honestly, the title put me off. Otherwise, I was hoping there would be more of this, to apply for real. So, you might want to give it another chance?

I bet you didn't expect that. :P

We've tried everything we could think of to have people apply, but it didn't seem like the interest for it were there anymore. Maybe, if enough people want it, we'll bring it back in the future

I think a break is probably a good idea, because I think this is where a simple idea has become overwrought. I repeat my suggestion - just post a video and leave it for people to post their comments, memories, favorite performances, whatever. I feel like the whole op thing has become a millstone, and really, it doesn't even need to be there - what's more, it can even be counterproductive, because if everything's been said in the first post, people may feel as if they have nothing more to add. Dump it, and you're not waiting for people to apply - if people wanna write up something big, they can still do it in the thread.

Maybe instead of Song of the Week, it could be Anthem of the Week - just the Green Day song that's brought to everyone's attention, that we think about and take with us. Put it up there, and whether people write a lot or a little or nothing at all, it's cool and unforced - the important thing is there's a Green Day song at the top of the page, the core of why we're all here.

Glad to be the one who wrote for my favorite GD song. :) It'll be cool whenerver it comes back, if ever.

Aaaww i'm gonna miss this :( , i never had the courage to partipate cause my english is not very good, but i really loved reading everything that people wrote, it was really interesting, i hope you open this again in the future!

Aww it always starts off so strong and then ends. Hopefully it'll be back...maybe around the holidays when people aren't swamped with school.

We've tried everything we could think of to have people apply, but it didn't seem like the interest for it were there anymore. Maybe, if enough people want it, we'll bring it back in the future

Yo, If I just write a Sotw application for a random song that hasn't been done yet and send it to you, will y'all post it?

Yo, If I just write a Sotw application for a random song that hasn't been done yet and send it to you, will y'all post it?

Nope, sorry.

We might find a new way to feature the songs though, so who knows

Nope, sorry.

We might find a new way to feature the songs though, so who knows

I like doing sotw applications, but only for songs that I really like, y'know?

I like doing sotw applications, but only for songs that I really like, y'know?

I only more people were like you :P That was the oroginal thought behind the SOTW's. That every song would get the chance to be written by someone who loved that song. Just turned out the interest in it wasn't big enough

Archived