The 99 Revolutions Tour

JIGD13

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think she's aware of that m8.

Yes but Awesome as Fuck was an album not a tour name and she said

Sadly. Although they did release a live album called Awesome As Fuck, so the idea isn't that crazy.

And then Matt said

Because of the word. Not sure if you're American or not, but people here, in general, are not too tolerant of curse words. Not too tolerant about anything actually. I know tour names aren't THAT important but Green Day isn't going to advertise a tour with the word "fuck" in it.

It was an album not a tour name

I know. I'm saying that if Green Day were happy to use the word "fuck" in an album name, it's not that crazy to think they might use the word "fuck" in a tour name. See what I mean?

I know. I'm saying that if Green Day were happy to use the word "fuck" in an album name, it's not that crazy to think they might use the word "fuck" in a tour name. See what I mean?

Now I see

I like how it is called this now, but then again calling it the "Dirty Rotten Bastards" tour would've been hard to get away with.

Except the press can't exactly publicise that kind of shit. They may have done that with the album that must not be named as it got annoying from its name 1 week after the mere mention of it awesome as fuck, but that was censored the whole damn time and even with that it's kinda hard to publicise. Also, I think this is more Reprise's decision, as well as the Promotion Company, not Green Day's.

I like how it is called this now, but then again calling it the "Dirty Rotten Bastards" tour would've been hard to get away with.

Except the press can't exactly publicise that kind of shit. They may have done that with the album that must not be named as it got annoying from its name 1 week after the mere mention of it awesome as fuck, but that was censored the whole damn time and even with that it's kinda hard to publicise. Also, I think this is more Reprise's decision, as well as the Promotion Company, not Green Day's.

Yeah true, like I said before I agree they wouldn't do it, just isn't a completely and utterly impossible idea since they have taken the risk before. But they've already picked a name anyway so it makes no difference really :lol:

I'm not so convinced by the name yet... uno, dos and tré would be long; but 99 revolutions sounds like a strong name, goes great with their comeback

The only name that to me seems "better" than 99 Revolutions would be "Stop When The Red Lights Flash Tour." Otherwise it's the perfect name.

By the way, for those saying that the name is Warner marketing the band as political, it should be noted that a majority of the time the band itself names the tour and it's simply licensed by the record labels. Food for thought.

Archived