Unpopular Green Day Opinions

Kayfabe

The music is the same as well hence why Sam is credited to the song if it only vocal melody they wouldnt have had to credit Sam as you cant copywrite vocal melodies

But Brutal Love is top 5 song of the trilogy love it cant wait to hear it live

Well, that's why I said that the rest of it is very unique...because while it comes from the same place, it is very unique and different sounding in the way that it was done.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

W O W is all I can say...

Yes. I am brain damaged for not liking a song you like. Sounds logical.

Yes. I am brain damaged for not liking a song you like. Sounds logical.

Where did I say you were brain damage? I think you need to stop reaching for shit that's not there... If I was going to say you're brain damaged or any other insult I'm a man I'll flat out say it...

I just said wow cause I've never seen anyone say that Bring It On Home sucks that's all...

And also just cause YOU don't like it doesn't mean it sucks if it did I doubt The Beatles Green Day and countless other bands would have taken it

Where did I say you were brain damage? I think you need to stop reaching for shit that's not there... If I was going to say you're brain damaged or any other insult I'm a man I'll flat out say it...

I just said wow cause I've never seen anyone say that Bring It On Home sucks that's all...

And also just cause YOU don't like it doesn't mean it sucks if it did I doubt The Beatles Green Day and countless other bands would have taken it

What I'm saying is that it's kind of weird to not realize that others doesn't like the same things you like.

Settle down, children! Sarcasm, I think what WhiteTim is saying is that even if you don't like a song, that doesn't necessarilly mean that it sucks. I dislike many songs that I will still give credit to as well-formed, well-written songs. I personally CANNOT STAND Hotel California or Comfortably Numb, but I still acknowledge that they are very well written pieces of music.

What I'm saying is that it's kind of weird to not realize that others doesn't like the same things you like.

I know that...

I know that...

Then don't make it seem like you do with comments like "W O W is all I can say...".

Then don't make it seem like you do with comments like "W O W is all I can say...".

Do you really want to go back and forth over some stupid shit?

I've already explained my reason behind my wow...

But I'm on a vacation I'm bored I can go back and forth with you if that what you're trying to do...

Sam Cooke's song is way better than Brutal Love

It's wrong to compare these two songs my friend.

Sam Cooke was(and is through his music) great artist and Green Day borrowed the melody of his song and this shows that they appreciate his music.

There is no reason of comparison.

Techno, as in 'pop' music, using computers, not techno as in lasers and stuff. but still, Kill The DJ would be better if it wasn't a 'pop' dance song, I know that's what they were trying to do with it, but I don't like it. lol, AI is just, too political, it's not how they were. the point I'm making is, they've changed from the little stoner kids who never had a date, to grown up guys who care about out government and other political views, I can't relate to it as much..

they've changed from the little stoner kids who never had a date, to grown up guys who care about out government and other political views, I can't relate to it as much..

They got married and had kids before they had stopped being the 'stoner kids who never got a date'?

Anyway I get your point :lol: But I feel I liked them more before.

how can you not relate to american idiot ?? i said god damn. yes it's politically loaded but that doesn't detract from how much jesus of suburbia is basically every insecure teenager's anthem of not understanding yourself and nobody caring enough and boulevard of broken dreams, it's such a huge hit because it's a great song and if you disagree i will fight you, is literally everything you ever feel when you're lonely and GOD I DON'T KNOW i could write an 80k word essay on how american idiot had such an effect on my life. it's a killer album and if i could listen to one album for the rest of my life it would probably be that one.

I like Brutal Love, but it's certainly not a top 5 song from the trilogy. I'd rather say Dirty Rotten Bastards, Sex Drugs and Violence, Stay The Night, Let Yourself Go and Baby Eyes are some of the best. Don't hate me but I kinda skip Wild One, Oh Love, the Forgotten, Fuck Time, Lady Cobra, Stray Heart and Sweet 16, I don't like them.

Techno, as in 'pop' music, using computers, not techno as in lasers and stuff. but still, Kill The DJ would be better if it wasn't a 'pop' dance song, I know that's what they were trying to do with it, but I don't like it. lol, AI is just, too political, it's not how they were. the point I'm making is, they've changed from the little stoner kids who never had a date, to grown up guys who care about out government and other political views, I can't relate to it as much..

Well, for a start, Green Day are pop, so there's that. And Kill The DJ is barely pop. Maybe in the 80's it might have been pop. It sounds nothing like what you hear on the radio these days, unless you're completely deaf or something. Go suck your lolly and listen to The Clash.

why the fuck you?

I was expressing my 'anger' in regards to your indifference towards the albums I believe helped make band who they are today...that's all.

I was expressing my 'anger' in regards to your indifference towards the albums I believe helped make band who they are today...that's all.

i realise they are albums that have made the band who they are today but that doesn't mean i have to like them. same goes for the ramones or the sex pistols. they influenced green day but i really dislike their music. i'm not obligated to like anything that they've made just because it's their work.

Well, for a start, Green Day are pop, so there's that. And Kill The DJ is barely pop. Maybe in the 80's it might have been pop. It sounds nothing like what you hear on the radio these

days, unless you're completely deaf or something. Go suck your lolly and listen to The Clash.

I don't this guy could listen to The Clash. Rock the Casbah, Overpowered By Funk...aren't they 'techno' too? :D

how can you not relate to american idiot ?? i said god damn. yes it's politically loaded but that doesn't detract from how much jesus of suburbia is basically every insecure teenager's anthem of not understanding yourself and nobody caring enough and boulevard of broken dreams, it's such a huge hit because it's a great song and if you disagree i will fight you, is literally everything you ever feel when you're lonely and GOD I DON'T KNOW i could write an 80k word essay on how american idiot had such an effect on my life. it's a killer album and if i could listen to one album for the rest of my life it would probably be that one.

This.

I don't even think it is that overtly political as an album. There are a couple of songs, yeah, but the political side of it got ramped up by the media, the title and the label. American Idiot is about being a confused kid in a confusing world, written by a confused man who was a confused kid in a confusing world.

I don't this guy could listen to The Clash. Rock the Casbah, Overpowered By Funk...aren't they 'techno' too? :D

That's the whole point. I want to see him shit himself when he hears The Magnificent Seven for the first time :P

Archived