Unpopular Green Day Opinions

Kayfabe

I don't care whether Jason is an official member or not, and it astonishes me that someone actually give a shit.

This.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

American Idiot and Insomniac are my favourite albums (Followed closely by Warning and Nimrod)

Dookie is my least favourite album, and I never listen to it. The only songs I like off it are the ones that made it onto ISH :S

I think Knowledge is one of the best songs they have done.

I love the Trilogy. All of it.

Homecoming is leagues better than Jesus of Suburbia.

American Idiot and Insomniac are my favourite albums (Followed closely by Warning and Nimrod)

Dookie is my least favourite album, and I never listen to it. The only songs I like off it are the ones that made it onto ISH :S

I disagree about Knowledge, Green Day's version doesn't stand a chance if you compare it to the original by Op Ivy! Nice that you like Insomniac that much though, probably my favourite too along with Warning I think.

Anyways, I think that Warning has some of Green Day's best lyrics yet, though some of the other albums are quite awesome too. I don't think it's unpopular in a negative way ( at least I don't hope so) but it's a pretty unusual opinion.

I mean man, "Get your philosophy from a bumper sticker", I think it's fucking brilliant. The whole Warning album is a fucking masterpiece, because GD took their own path and tried something very fucking rad and new, and different. I mean, there are not many things out there that sounds like Warning. Who would've guessed that Green Day would do an album like that one? masterpiece, masterpiece. UNDERRATED.

I gotta agree about Warning. It's easily my favourite album they've done. Is it true it's one of their worst sellers, or is that Nimrod? I can never remember but either way, I don't understand how that happened. I'd buy it a thousand times over if I could.

I gotta agree about Warning. It's easily my favourite album they've done. Is it true it's one of their worst sellers, or is that Nimrod? I can never remember but either way, I don't understand how that happened. I'd buy it a thousand times over if I could.

I don't know if it's their worst seller because I don't know how it compares to the trilogy. But Warning did sell less than Nimrod. I know that much :P

I'd be surprised if it was Nimrod. I think Insomniac was the least next to Warning from what I remember from a documentary. One of them was the least next to the other, I just can't remember which was which

I'd be surprised if it was Nimrod. I think Insomniac was the least next to Warning from what I remember from a documentary. One of them was the least next to the other, I just can't remember which was which

I'm pretty sure Warning sold more than Insomniac.

EDIT: I meant to say Insomniac sold more than Warning.

You mean vocally? It's not like he sang many songs before that... Only Homecoming right? Apart from backing vocals.

He has solo in I Was There on 39/Smooth and Homecoming on American Idiot. I mean they've been wasting his talent generally over the last records. First in AI and 21st CB you could barely hear the bass at all because it always followed the guitar. Then there's also that since 21st Century Breakdown Mike's backing vocals have been mixed with Billie's voice so that you can never distinguish Mike's voice. I can in Stay The Night, but it's done on purpose by the producers. But for example if you listen to the chorus of East Jesus Nowhere you can't hear Mike properly. If you go and listen to Nice Guys Finish Last or Words I Might Have Ate or almost any 90s song you can perfectly hear and recognise Mike's voice.

I'm pretty sure Warning sold more than Insomniac.

Insomniac has sold 8 milliin Warning 1.2 million

I still love warning more, just my opinion though, it seems more upbeat to me lol

I don't know if it's their worst seller because I don't know how it compares to the trilogy. But Warning did sell less than Nimrod. I know that much :P

It would be kind of wrong to compare the older albums to the trilogy I think, because nowadays no one sells that many records anymore, with all the piracy and illegal downloading and all that stuff..

Edit: And yeah, Warning is the least "commercial success" compared to the other ones, Insomniac sold a lot more copies than Warning. In fact, I think Insomniac is the third album to have sold most copies after Dookie and American Idiot :)

Oops I made a mistake. I meant to say Insomniac sold more than Warning. My bad :P

It would be kind of wrong to compare the older albums to the trilogy I think, because nowadays no one sells that many records anymore, with all the piracy and illegal downloading and all that stuff..

Maybe it's not useful with comparisons but I think if people really like an artist then the record sales are still useful. With kids I know, if they like a band a lot they'll buy the album, even if it is on iTunes.

Edit: And yeah, Warning is the least "commercial success" compared to the other ones, Insomniac sold a lot more copies than Warning. In fact, I think Insomniac is the third album to have sold most copies after Dookie and American Idiot :)

Yep. I think it's something like Dookie, AI, Insomniac, then Nimrod for the four most sold albums.

Oops I made a mistake. I meant to say Insomniac sold more than Warning. My bad :P

Maybe it's not useful with comparisons but I think if people really like an artist then the record sales are still useful. With kids I know, if they like a band a lot they'll buy the album, even if it is on iTunes.

Yep. I think it's something like Dookie, AI, Insomniac, then Nimrod for the four most sold albums.

When it comes to Green Day, I refuse to download any of their music. I either buy it on CD or I don't listen to it. I can't even listen to it on YouTube until I've bought the CD, I just feel guilty :lol: That may be kind of sad, but whatever. I just couldn't do it.

When it comes to Green Day, I refuse to download any of their music. I either buy it on CD or I don't listen to it. I can't even listen to it on YouTube until I've bought the CD, I just feel guilty :lol: That may be kind of sad, but whatever. I just couldn't do it.

I'm proud to say I have never illegally downloaded music online. Every album I have is either a CD, vinyl, or (very rarely) an iTunes purchase. I listen to music on YouTube occasionally but only if I don't have enough money to buy whatever CD the music is on.

I never cared for Mike as a singer cant stand Governator

Tho u do think he's great at doing background vocals

I can't stand Governator either. Sorry, Mike, I love you, but I'm just not a fan of your voice except on Nobody Likes You.

You do realize "Knowlege" was written by Operation Ivy, right? Or were you saying that their cover of it was one of the best things that the've done?

Thinking Warning is underrated is one of the most popular opinions of all time on GDC.

Better than Sweet Children. I always thought that sounded kind of pervy.

Now when they're fourty it would make them sound like a bunch of pedophiles...

Thinking Warning is underrated is one of the most popular opinions of all time on GDC.

Yeah, you're right but then I don't understand why it's still underrated :lol:

Now when they're fourty it would make them sound like a bunch of pedophiles...

You're right, I'm vreally glad they had to change their name :lol:

Warning is an awesome album, if that got released now it would do so well, probably just wrong timing or something I dunnqo

I have to agree that Mike can't really sing and Governator sucks :lol: I do think Mike has a good punk spoken-word type of voice and can do that awesome bit on American Eulogy really well, and he's perfectly suited to sing those parts, but in terms of actual melody, he's not lead singer material. But that's why he's the bass player, doy. I'm curious why he sings that one line on Sex Drugs & Violence... he doesn't do it badly, it's totally fine and it's nice random variety, but if you think Billie wouldn't have sung it better, you're in denial.

Most of the opinions in this thread are popular on GDC anyway.

Archived