Unpopular Green Day Opinions

Kayfabe

I'm definitely interested to see if Foreverly will have any influence on the next album, but then again it's not like Green Day are opposed to acoustic ballads so unless we get a full blown acoustic album then I don't see it making a whole lot of difference. I think they will always experiment both within and outside of Green Day. :happy:

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you really believe that Billie going solo to be a country star? He just covered an album that he loves, doesn't mean anything.

I don't believe he will do anything, I'm a wait and see kind of guy. My point was that what I've heard has bored me to death and I'd rather have more Green Day than Nashville.

Billie's two options upon going solo are country or Frank Turner. The second option is too awful to even contemplate.

Even if Billie attempted to be as shite as Frank Turner he wouldn't be enough of a dick for it to work.

Unpopular opinion: Billie's Grammy's performance was incredibly underwhelming.

I assumed it was in a similar vein as the Foreverly stuff and therefore not worth watching. Was I correct?

I assumed it was in a similar vein as the Foreverly stuff and therefore not worth watching. Was I correct?

It wasn't as good as Foreverly I don't think because Miranda doesn't blend well with Billie like Norah does. That said, it still sounded good to me :happy:

Jesus Christ. That says it all.

Haha I knew that was coming :lol: Yeah if Foreverly's not your cup of tea I'd advise against watching this :happy:

Nope. It was just plain not very good.

I don't believe he will do anything, I'm a wait and see kind of guy. My point was that what I've heard has bored me to death and I'd rather have more Green Day than Nashville.

Personally, I like what he did with Foreverly. Billie's project doesn't mean anything for Green Day, though. I am amazed that some people believe that Billie would quit the band because he covered an album.

Do you really believe that Billie going solo to be a country star? He just covered an album that he loves, doesn't mean anything.

YES IT DOES, IT'S THE ENNNNDDD!!!!!1 :cry:

That was my initial reaction, like "wow, that's it?" but after watching it again after the initial fangirl shock is gone, it's really not that bad. Sweet, short, simple... I mean, were we really expecting anything more than that? It's a tribute, not a full-blown performance. It's not about them, it's about the song and the musician who died.

That was my initial reaction, like "wow, that's it?" but after watching it again after the initial fangirl shock is gone, it's really not that bad. Sweet, short, simple... I mean, were we really expecting anything more than that? It's a tribute, not a full-blown performance. It's not about them, it's about the song and the musician who died.

It wasn't even the style that made me think that. I love acoustic performances, it just didn't seem particularly tight or well done. It was all a bit campfire for me.

Omg I just noticed your sig...

Unwhelming because that song ( and type of music) is underwhelming itself. I thought Billie's voice sounded good though when it was just him singing which is a plus moving forward

Personally, I like what he did with Foreverly. Billie's project doesn't mean anything for Green Day, though. I am amazed that some people believe that Billie would quit the band because he covered an album.

it means a lot for Green Day. It means he isn't in the studio with the other guys making music I care about

it means a lot for Green Day. It means he isn't in the studio with the other guys making music I care about

Hahahahahahahahahaha.....good joke!

I'm amused that you think that I think he's gonna quit. I'm just saying that if he did go solo, that's probably what he'd end up doing.

It wasn't even the style that made me think that. I love acoustic performances, it just didn't seem particularly tight or well done. It was all a bit campfire for me.

I dunno, I actually liked it because of the simplicity and "campfire" nature of it, and I'm typically overly critical of everything.

Omg I just noticed your sig...

:ga:

missed the point of the thread, have we?

No, just funny that he should be in the studio again with the other guys. He did so much before and since his rehab. So my unpopular opinion is: GD should take a rest to recover their strength. Otherwise they´ll suck themselves dry.

Why does no one ever remember that Green Day have already gone country?

http://www.youtube.com/

and that is worse than the original.

can't complain though, it's a pro shot of pulling teeth :)

Or it means he's doing both, and getting extra inspiration and motivation by trying new things that will make him even more inspired and motivated to make the music you care about with Green Day!

I didn't care for the musical but I'm still glad they did it because exploring new things and pushing themselves in different ways can only be a good thing for a band. It helped give them a burst of creative energy that led to all kinds of songs that I love on Uno Dos and Tre. For example I'm pretty sure Brutal Love, one of my all time favourite Green Day songs, wouldn't exist if they hadn't explored their theatrical/musical side like that. If they're doing what they want to do and trying out new things that keep their creative juices flowing then it's a positive thing for Green Day not a negative.

Or it means he's doing both, and getting extra inspiration and motivation by trying new things that will make him even more inspired and motivated to make the music you care about with Green Day!

I didn't care for the musical but I'm still glad they did it because exploring new things and pushing themselves in different ways can only be a good thing for a band. It helped give them a burst of creative energy that led to all kinds of songs that I love on Uno Dos and Tre. For example I'm pretty sure Brutal Love, one of my all time favourite Green Day songs, wouldn't exist if they hadn't explored their theatrical/musical side like that. If they're doing what they want to do and trying out new things that keep their creative juices flowing then it's a positive thing for Green Day not a negative.

I'm usually giddy for change, but the musical was epic, fun and had a familiar concept. The country doesn't really speak to me. I grew up on country and I've become fed up with it :P

I'm usually giddy for change, but the musical was epic, fun and had a familiar concept. The country doesn't really speak to me. I grew up on country and I've become fed up with it :P

I'm not a massive country fan either, but I think if Billie's into it then it's most likely a good thing for Green Day. Doesn't mean they're going to start sounding country (he's always been a fan of classic country music along with loads of different music that he likes/respects and that hasn't made Green Day sound country yet so I doubt this will), just means he'll be extra motivated to make music when he goes into the studio with them. The Network helped inspire them to make American Idiot, Foxboro Hot Tubs helped inspire them to make 21st CB, the musical helped inspire them to make Uno Dos Tre, even though none of those pairs sound alike. I think of this the same way, it'll help inspire whatever they do next.

I'm amused that you think that I think he's gonna quit. I'm just saying that if he did go solo, that's probably what he'd end up doing.

To tell you the truth I can't imagine that Billie will go solo. He can do whatever he wants through various projects. However, I believe that the projects is a good thing because he can test different ideas without the pressure of promotion. Ιnstead to sit and do nothing, he writes songs for "These Paper Bullets" and covers an Everly Brothers album. It's good for a songwriter to continue to explore music.

Archived