In which era would you have liked to see Green Day live?

Speechless & Redundant

Without a doubt, American Idiot definitely. Plus, that was the only time they ever came to Wales aha :')

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to go back in time, knowing what i know now, and see them at the Gilman.

plus i really really regret not seeing a Foxboro show!!! the one in London must have been epic

Kerplunk/Early Dookie era would be fun. Much smaller venues, and songs from my favourite two albums would be amazing to witness.

All of them.

yes, of course

but if i had to choice one i'd pick Dookie, they were insane :runaround:

I am not picky. I would take anything just to see them. In USA you can be picky they play there every year. They played in Slovenia only in 96. I was 3 years old.

The current one. I would love to see punk rock Green Day, but then again they weren't anywhere near the showmen and arena masters that they are now.

The current one. As much as I love the guys' early stuff, before 21CB they would've never played shows that lasted more than 2 or 3 hours like they do now. I will never get over the fact that my first green day show and first concert ever too, was almost 4 hours long.

The current one. As much as I love the guys' early stuff, before 21CB they would've never played shows that lasted more than 2 or 3 hours like they do now. I will never get over the fact that my first green day show and first concert ever too, was almost 4 hours long.

Same here. They're on the top of their game right now.

But I would like to see a show from the Kerplunk era just to see them playing a bunch of those songs I haven't heard live.

Dookie for sure, and Warning is my second favorite album so the concerts should have been amazing.
But I think the Trilogy would be awesome

Same here. They're on the top of their game right now.

But I would like to see a show from the Kerplunk era just to see them playing a bunch of those songs I haven't heard live.

This. But, I would go back to see them during the Warning era, but only because they toured with The Bouncing Souls. Otherwise, the current era all the way.

Warning. Amazing new album, amazing past albums, amazing setlists. I don't know why but I prefer them more down-to-earth. From American Idiot on they behave more like we're big and we know it.

Definitely the Gilman era before their rise to fame. It'd be awesome to just hang out with them and a bunch of other young punk rock bands.

Anything post-American Idiot for me just because I'd want to hear AI songs if I got to see them live. It would be something amazing to see them back in '95 live in a smaller venue though.

As cool as it would be to say you were at late 80s or early 90s shows, you'd be kidding yourself if you'd think those were actually "good" shows. They would last 40 minutes, play poorly, and have a lot of technical difficulties. It's fun to watch on youtube now as fans of a big rock band, seeing the band have such a casual relationship with the crowd and everything, but I hardly think I would have enjoyed the show itself. I agree that they might be better NOW in a small venue, but back then, just a promising but still new garage band. And nowadays I'd KILL to be in a small room with Green Day having technical difficulties and all the unpredictability and amateurish, but that's because I'm a huge fan now. That huge fan thing probably wouldn't have existed then, so people wouldn't be like "Awww, how cute, Billie broke the amp!"

I'm pretty happy with having seen them during the 21st century... They've gotten better over time, but they're still young. Right now is definitely the prime time to see these guys, because they won't be young forever. Though Springsteen still does 5 hour shows every night, so here's hoping :lol:

^ This. The guys are in top form currently. I'm happy to have been able to see them during AI, 21CB, and now. They're in that wonderful sweet spot where they're experienced enough to have mastered their craft, but not too old to move/sing. And all the secret/surprise show stuff is great fun!

That said, I do sometimes think it would be cool to hop in a time machine and go back to see them before they were famous. Just for the experience.

I am not picky. I would take anything just to see them. In USA you can be picky they play there every year. They played in Slovenia only in 96. I was 3 years old.

Not *every* year....and even when they are here, it's not like they hit up every state. I know some places haven't seen them in ages....

Archived