B-sides to Uno, Dos, Tre

Rogankiwifruit

Let's pray for a beautiful B-side to go along with X-Kid , even though we're already spoiled with 37 new songs there's always room for new ones :thumbsup:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There aren't going to be7 any B-sides.

They were all used on the trilogy.

OH SNAP!

there were scrapped songs, unfortunately. It's not impossible they will be played live though, I haven't given up hope.

Also, the point of the trilogy was to put out a shit ton of music, so the snap isn't a snap, it's just a floppy fact. Better luck next time.

There were six B-sides

There were just bonus tracks, not a single b-side. But if anything, the 4 covers wouldn't qualify.

There were just bonus tracks, not a single b-side. But if anything, the 4 covers wouldn't qualify.

No i remember clearly that hearts collide was the b side to know your enemy. When you buy it on i tunes the album artwork is the same as know your enemy and says hearts collide know your enemy b side. But you are right, the covers were just bonus tracks.

In fact I think lights out may have also been on know your enemy. Maybe it was an EP, I am not sure. It does not actually say b side like i thought but it does have the same artwork and says non album track.

Did anybody clarify what I'm Alright was? (pictured on the first post in this thread)

No i remember clearly that hearts collide was the b side to know your enemy. When you buy it on i tunes the album artwork is the same as know your enemy and says hearts collide know your enemy b side. But you are right, the covers were just bonus tracks.

In fact I think lights out may have also been on know your enemy. Maybe it was an EP, I am not sure. It does not actually say b side like i thought but it does have the same artwork and says non album track.

I own the physical CD single for Know Your Enemy with Lights Out and Hearts Collide. I don't view it as an EP, as most EPs aren't the title of a song from a pre-existing record.

I didn't count the 4 covers, which are all great too.

I count those as B-Sides. Technically, Hearts Collide and Lights Out are on the A-Side of the CD Single.. and only Lights Out is on the vinyl single, right? So there's only 1 B-Side

About 21stCB B-sides, Do not forget 21stCB, Lotag and 21 guns live versions from studio 880. Therefore, there were some live recordings of Know your enemy and Static Age from Comcast Demand.

If I'm not wrong, the Know your enemy EP just includes live songs from previous eras (BOBD and F.O.D.). It was just a digital release.

http://www.rhapsody.com/artist/green-day/album/know-your-enemy-ep

Bye

About 21stCB B-sides, Do not forget 21stCB, Lotag and 21 guns live versions from studio 880. Therefore, there were some live recordings of Know your enemy and Static Age from Comcast Demand.

If I'm not wrong, the Know your enemy EP just includes live songs from previous eras (BOBD and F.O.D.). It was just a digital release.

http://www.rhapsody.com/artist/green-day/album/know-your-enemy-ep

Bye

Wow. My face when I didn't know there was a KYE EP. Just wow. That feel.

Maybe someone could hook me up with it :whistle

When were those tracks recorded? I might already have them

gabriella is actually ASHLEY..there are screen shots of the "Gabriella" lyrics and most of them are the lyrics that turned into "Amanda". Monster Mash is just the cover they did at a concert, "Hybrid Moment" was another cover they did for Metallica.
You forgot to circle "Time", which would be interesting, same with goodbye to romance,

gabriella is actually ASHLEY..there are screen shots of the "Gabriella" lyrics and most of them are the lyrics that turned into "Amanda". Monster Mash is just the cover they did at a concert, "Hybrid Moment" was another cover they did for Metallica.

You forgot to circle "Time", which would be interesting, same with goodbye to romance,

Time is fuck time tv edited the word fuck

Those live tracks are the same from Holiday single and Foot in mouth EP. Nothing new, my friend.

I count those as B-Sides. Technically, Hearts Collide and Lights Out are on the A-Side of the CD Single.. and only Lights Out is on the vinyl single, right? So there's only 1 B-Side

what? XD The A-Side of a CD?

Both Hearts Collide and Lights Out are B-sides. The term was originally used to describe the literal b-side of a vinyl, but of course now that isn't so correct as many singles are on CD. There is no "b-side" to a CD, so it's just a phrase now. Trust me, those are both B-Sides. If they are non album tracks featured on the single of a track on an official record, and they are original tracks, they are B-Sides. Also, Hearts Collide is on the 7inch single, not Lights Out.

Just thought I'd clear it up for you guys. When I first heard of a "B-Side" my mind was blown. The thought of getting more songs NOT on the albums?! God I'll never forget finding Shoplifter on Wikipedia xD

It took me a long time to fully figure out what a B-Side was, as it isn't entirely clear to some people, therefore spreading confusion to many people. Hope I helped at all.

Crushing Bastards = ?

Loss of Control. Although I prefer Crushing Bastards as the name and often accidently refer to it as so.

I was only talking about the covers

Billie Joe said on Quatro that he had written 65 songs. Unless they plan on releasing every song as a single, I doubt we'll hear many of these.

maybe we can have another shennanigans type album

But, remember that only around 40 song were recorded.

i really think that instead have another live album after this tour we should have another B-Sides collection like shenanigans... i think that we have more than 14 songs that weren't officially released on the albuns..

I Fought the Law

Shoplifter

Governator

Too Much Too Soon

Favorite Son

Working Class Hero

Hearts Collide

Lights Out

Like a Rolling Stone

That's Alright mama

Another State of Mind

A Quick One While He's Away

Mechanical Man (ok it's more like a BJ solo but could be released)

The Simpsons Theme

The Ballad of Wilhelm Fink

just to name the ones I remember now

Archived