X-Kid official video

Mauri

I like the video its clearly not meant to be an expensive video with some complicated storyline and big fireworks etc! I think its good because its all about the song its self holding its own! Its not meant to be 'oh my god they thought long and hard about the video' its 'well theirs nothing happening in the video but well the song kicks fucking ass!!! Fuck yeah'!

Its all about the music guys!!!!!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well...remember Billie's tweet??

"Our next album will be available on cassette only"

Yeah :lol:

you stole my post :o i was gonna write that :P

Did you people also believe the Oh Love lyric video was the official video? It's just promotion geez....

^here is you

^ here is the point

Hint: You missed it.

The point is to enjoy the song.

No, I got the point. I understand that it's about focusing on the music and kind of a video counter to what videos are used for, taking us back to focusing on what you hear rather than what you see and relying on visuals to capture attention. And I also see how the cassette calls back to older times and the rewinding at the end can symbolize rewinding life and starting again and everything. I got all that.

I just didn't enjoy the video. I mean, it's not something I'd want to watch multiple times because there isn't much to see. And I know this is rejecting the point of the video that I just described. Even though I get it, I just don't find it captivating. But I can enjoy the song without watching the video by just listening to my CD or whatever.

No, I got the point. I understand that it's about focusing on the music and kind of a video counter to what videos are used for, taking us back to focusing on what you hear rather than what you see and relying on visuals to capture attention. And I also see how the cassette calls back to older times and the rewinding at the end can symbolize rewinding life and starting again and everything. I got all that.

I just didn't enjoy the video. I mean, it's not something I'd want to watch multiple times because there isn't much to see. And I know this is rejecting the point of the video that I just described. Even though I get it, I just don't find it captivating. But I can enjoy the song without watching the video by just listening to my CD or whatever.

That's the whole point though. They made the video like this to make the point that the video isn't important, the music is.

People in the modern world often care more about the video than the music...

Replacements all the way. I like it. It doesn't really fit the song though, loved the part of Quatro where X-kid was playing (this video), that would've been perfect as a music video.

My exact thoughts! Kinda reminds me of the video for "Left of the Dial".

That's the whole point though. They made the video like this to make the point that the video isn't important, the music is.

People in the modern world often care more about the video than the music...

I know! That's what I said. But I still don't like the video, regardless of the message and symbolism and whatnot.

And I do care more about the music than the video. I appreciate good videos, but the music always comes first.

Esse video tem o mesmo conceito que Bastards of Young do The Replacements, mas muitos leigos não enterão isso!

Esse video tem o mesmo conceito que Bastards of Young do The Replacements, mas muitos leigos não enterão isso!

Just a tip, the main language of the forum is English, you should probably try typing in it if you want more people to understand and respond to what you post :)

what was the hidden message billie was trying to send someone call the spy kids to decode it for the numbskulls

Just a tip, the main language of the forum is English, you should probably try typing in it if you want more people to understand and respond to what you post :)

All right, but when I post something in english just a few people care about! so I do It!

I like it. Let the music speak for itself. No video could do this song justice anyways. After Warning the quality of Green Day's music videos, at least in my opinion, tanked. But Stray Heart was good, so there's hope.

it's official video? but, no where in the title does it say Official Video

and then they will release music video or not?

Archived