¡TRÉ!

Liam

Here is a cover I did of "Little Boy Named Train." Posting it, even though numerous people think it's "over-auto-tuned gay shit." You know what? Fuck you :)

WhiteTime: Download link is in the description :)

Cool cover, but maybe hold back on the auto tune in the future. It makes you sounds terrible, which I know you aren't.

I'll quote a video if I want goddamnit

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got my (ordinary) copy of Tré in the mail! Yay :woot:

I've been looking through the booklet, and found a couple of interesting facts about Brutal Love that I don't think anybody's mentioned yet. Firstly, Tom Kitt is credited both for the piano and backing vocals on that song. Secondly, the credits say "All words by Billie Joe Armstrong. All music by Green Day except "Brutal Love" written by Billie Joe Armstrong and Sam Cooke". Now, I've already heard people say it sounded like a Sam Cooke song, but are any parts exactly the same? Is it part of the music, the lyrics, or both that Billie's borrowed from him? I'm not very familiar with Sam Cooke, and haven't listened to Brutal Love yet, so I wouldn't know.

Looking forward to my first listen tonight! Apart from the 2009 live version of Drama Queen, I haven't heard any of these songs before at all, so it shall be interesting. :D

The music for Brutal Love is almost the same as Bring It Home To Me by Sam Cooke and the way Billie sings it is almost the same as well both are great songs

Cool cover, but maybe hold back on the auto tune in the future. It makes you sounds terrible, which I know you aren't.

There's barely any ffs

The noise Billie makes at about 2:28 in Missing You sounds like the noise at the end of the 60 Minute Makeover theme music, lol.

Hahahaha. I love that noise. This morning I kept repeating that part, trying to get it down.

ahh... I see people noticed the very small print where it says Brutal Love is also by Sam Cooke. I'm assuming they didn't collaborate and it's only because Billie kinda ripped off that song. But I love it!

Edit: I forgot Sam Cooke is long dead. Lol. I guess they didn't collaborate

Guest Trotsky

The music for Brutal Love is almost the same as Bring It Home To Me by Sam Cooke and the way Billie sings it is almost the same as well both are great songs

Brutal Love is an epic song and it's also a salute to a legend of music Sam Cooke. :)

i think it sounds better if you don't hit a few notes 100% than ffs. it makes everyone sound like a plastic pop simple plan singer...

Brutal Love is an epic song and it's also a salute to a legend of music Sam Cooke. :)

Yep Sam Cooke is great

Missing You has got to be the song that has grown the most on me from these three albums. At first I thought "yeah, this is pretty good", but now "this is fucking great!". I specially love the "she's my blood" part. The song is probably one of my 5 favourite tracks from the trilogy.

I have only listened to X-Kid in full.I'm trying to save something for tomorrow.Can someone tell me what is the 1st song used in the TRE youtube trailer? Also does anyone know if Best Buy is doing the $2 off coupon like they did for UNO and DOS? Thanks.

I have only listened to X-Kid in full.I'm trying to save something for tomorrow.Can someone tell me what is the 1st song used in the TRE youtube trailer? Also does anyone know if Best Buy is doing the $2 off coupon like they did for UNO and DOS? Thanks.

The first song in the trailer is Dirty Rotten Bastards :)

I know everyone says Brutal love sounds like Sam cooke, but listen to "Oh, Darling" and "This boy" by The Beatles, put them together in your head and your mind will be blown!

Also, did anyone notice that Amanda has the exact same chord progression as Sweet 16? kinda bums me out a little

I know everyone says Brutal love sounds like Sam cooke, but listen to "Oh, Darling" and "This boy" by The Beatles, put them together in your head and your mind will be blown!

Also, did anyone notice that Amanda has the exact same chord progression as Sweet 16? kinda bums me out a little

Also Just Like starting over by John Lennon. A lot of songs operate off of the Sam Cooke template. He probably operated off of a template laid down before him as well. And I heard some similarities but I will have to check that out. Either way the melodies are pretty different.

But yet Sam Cooke's song was out before those Beatles records (8 years before Oh Darling a year before This Boy) also the writing credits goes to Billie Joe and Sam not Billie Joe and John and Paul

But yet Sam Cooke's song was out before those Beatles records (8 years before Oh Darling a year before This Boy) also the writing credits goes to Billie Joe and Sam not Billie Joe and John and Paul

just thought it was a fun thing to point out

So excited for tomorrow. I have only listened to 99 Revolutions in full, but only because I knew the whole song from the Summer Sonic video. The only bad thing about tomorrow is that I have school and then work right after, so I can't get my physical copy until 8 PM. It is worth the wait though

Come on Amanda sounds nothing like Sweet 16, not even the chords I really don't understan why people insist on that, and Lilttle boy named train might not be all that great but it's one GOOD song, it totally sounds like something off Kerplunk, and that makes me love it even more, you people complain too much

Only on my second go-around, and only because I got the CD a day early woohoo! But so far really really liking all of the songs. They're all very new for Green Day, once again call back to earlier eras of music, often pre-dating the band members or at least the band. Really solid, pop and rock album with a lot of soul to it. I can't really say anything else before I have completely "absorbed" it but early favorites are "Sex, Drugs & Violence" [what, no oxford comma?!] and "Dirty Rotten Bastards". I'm super in love with the latter, it's a real roller coaster ride. I'm not talking a small-time coaster this is one with super high speeds and super high hills and long drops... And very, very fun.

Archived