¡TRÉ!

Liam

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And i dont know if its just me but i think that those songs (all trilogy, but most Tre's songs) have a very deep meaning, or like they talk about very personal things

i wish people could stop being like "this song sounds like that, this song sounds like this song.."

'cause the songs you mention doesn't even sound THAT much alike, it's always just a little bit of it that reminds of another song.

so..... stop talking like they've ripped anyone off :)

it's called being influenced.

patiently waiting for the 12pm EST stream time :P Trying not to read posts here hah.

i wish people could stop being like "this song sounds like that, this song sounds like this song.."

'cause the songs you mention doesn't even sound THAT much alike, it's always just a little bit of it that reminds of another song.

so..... stop talking like they've ripped anyone off :)

it's called being influenced.

This.

I'm in class now, so I cant listen to the whole thing yet, but based on the few songs I heard, Tre will definitely need to grow on people.

Brutal Love and Walk Away are so stadium rock. Now Green Day could stop playing Boulevard :D

ill take BOBD over those 2 songs any day.

Uno is the album I wanted. Just plain solid (in a good way).

Dos is an unexpected gem. A sexed up, meth addicted, murderous gem from the LA night life.

Tre is the album I didn't know I wanted, and now It turns out it was the one I needed.

I like your summation.

ARGH!!! that was fucking asldkjfljdsjhkj;griowhfih;o. iUNO! and iDOS! are little more than support acts for iTRE! I don't understand why they didn't make 1 epic album. This is by far the best of the trilogy. First album that has truly blown me away since American Idiot.

First album that has truly blown me away since American Idiot.

I agree with this. Way better than 21st Century Breakdown.

REALLY?! Why?

because they will not work in replacement of BOBD.

i'm not saying to not play them live.

I just want to listen to Billie singing "miiiiiine" in Brutal Love over and over and over and over :wub:

because they will not work in replacement of BOBD.

i'm not saying to not play them live.

Oh, I got it wrong then. I thought you meant that BOBD is better as a song than those two. So yeah, kinda agree with you. BOBD is the arena anthem and always will be, no matter that it's not my favorite songs. Still I want to see them playing a big bunch of songs from this album live next summer!

What is it with Green Day and stopping(or not) when a red light flashes?

Maybe Billie is color blind?

it was never that hard to resist to not listen to streams or other stuff before the actual release date :/ :D

1.99 revolutions

2.Drb

3.X-kid

4.missing you

5.amanda

I didnt like brutal love and walk away those are boring

What is it with Green Day and stopping(or not) when a red light flashes?

They are born rebels. Duh.

I loved Dirty Rotten Bastards, it looked like Billie tried to get some flashbacks of his old albums on it while the song kept going. If you listen closely, there are many references to Kerplunk, Dookie, American Idiot, and ¡Dos!.

And then there's Sex, Drugs, and Violence. Damn, who would have thought Mike would appear to sing out of nowhere? Nice touch, too bad he didn't sing for more than 10 seconds.

To my mind, Tré is definetly the best album in the trilogy, and if promotion is done right (which hasn't been done really well lately), it could get as much attention as American Idiot. Definetly "Epic" as Billie described it.

It was completely worth it not listening to any leak or whatever song that was leaked before from Tre. I enjoyed a new full album from beggining to end, unlinke ¡Dos!, whose songs I knew months before its release..

PS: If anybody wants the link to the leak, PM me, I'm not sure how many downloads uploaded.to allows but it's uploaded already.. That was a fast leak.

I loved Dirty Rotten Bastards, it looked like Billie tried to get some flashbacks of his old albums on it while the song kept going. If you listen closely, there are many references to Kerplunk, Dookie, American Idiot, and ¡Dos!.

And then there's Sex, Drugs, and Violence. Damn, who would have thought Mike would appear to sing out of nowhere? Nice touch, too bad he didn't sing for more than 10 seconds.

To my mind, Tré is definetly the best album in the trilogy, and if promotion is done right (which hasn't been done really well lately), it could get as much attention as American Idiot. Definetly "Epic" as Billie described it.

PS: If anybody wants the link to the leak, PM me, I'm not sure how many downloads uploaded.to allows but it's uploaded already.. That was a fast leak.

I highly doubt it would get the same attention as AI even if it was highly promoted

My first thoughts while listening to the album -

Brutal Love - It's Otis Redding meets Abbey Road era Beatles, I love it! Very lush and a great opener.

Missing You - sounds very Warning-esque. One downside is its complete with, just like Church on sunday's final chorus, some rather noticeable pitch correction in Missing You's second verse, Yikes! Other than that, I like the song, and it's certainly made better by Tre's drumming fills towards the end.

8th Avenue Serenade - Ah, it's so good to finally hear the full studio version of this song. I love that the ooh's are still in place as well. Has the classic green day sound, and I could've seen this just as easily on Uno.

Drama Queen - This song certainly belongs on this album and not Dos. A nice mellow tune with a short yet satisfying guitar solo.

I've been thinking of what to write about this album and there is just one word I can think of....AMAZING! It's definitely one of their best albums ever just behind American Idiot, Dookie and Nimrod

The guitars in the intro of Brutal Love sounds lot like Rest from 39/Smooth

Archived