¡TRÉ!

Liam

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Realising while listening to Tre that all this excitement about the Trilogy has ended. makes me sad..

Correction: The trilogy has BEGUN.

Realising while listening to Tre that all this excitement about the Trilogy has ended. makes me sad..

It's not ended. This is just beginning. The band is waiting to come out like hungry wolves.

I can't wait for Billie to describe this album track by track! Song meanings, I want that deep stuff.

WAAAAAA BUT IT'S FANTASTICCCC! BETTER THAN I HOPED! AAAAAAAAAAWWWWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! It's so energic! I think this is make the trilogy insuperable..

Uno is the album I wanted. Just plain solid (in a good way).

Dos is an unexpected gem. A sexed up, meth addicted, murderous gem from the LA night life. The new Nimrod in my opinion.

Tre is the album I didn't know I wanted, and now It turns out it was the one I needed.

Don't be. The trilogy really has just begun. Now we can sit back with all 37 songs and reflect, listen, and enjoy. No more eager anticipation, arguing, or curiosity, just your ears and 3 albums worth of some damn good songs. And think about it this way: after all the band has been through with this monster, you know Billie Joe is going to come back with a vengeance and some had hitting shit on their next work, whenever that may be.

The transitions in Dirty Rotten Bastards are nowhere near as fitting as JOS (at least I don't think so after one listen)

I also picked up on that on the first listen, but I think the description they gave it as a "JOS style song" is to be taken loosely, it would be better compared to Homecoming if anything, but still there is quite a difference. They are comparable because they have different parts, but where JOS and Homecoming had more like chapters of the same composition, 'Dirty Rotten Bastards' is more of a thematic medley, which can be much more random and all over the place. I actually quite enjoyed it, but I think people should avoid comparing it to any of the 9 minute songs, they are in totally different song categories, and there is quite a gap from 6½ to 9 minutes.

ok, so i have listened to this album over and over and i can't still come to seeing whats so great about it. it's the first time i've felt let down by green day.

oh well. commence the opinion bashing gdc!

Is there a link to stream it in the UK? Clearly being dense but I can't find one.

Is there a link to stream it in the UK? Clearly being dense but I can't find one.

Apparently at 5PM on NME we get an official stream

I feel like I've already heard every song off this album before. I'm not impressed at all. Not even by Brutal Love or Dirty Rotten Bastards.

Maybe it's a grower? I hope so. Dos! remains as my favorite album from this trilogy.

I just listened it! Good album! :D I love this trilogy! Green Day didn't disappointed me! The Forgotten is a great ending song for the whole thing. I really like Dirty Rotten Bastards, at the moment is one of my favourites from Tré. X-Kid, 8th Avenue Serenade, 99 Revolutions and Amanda are also my other favourites. Brutal Love is a great experimental ballad.

So....

Brutal Love and The Forgoten are some of the most wonderful songs green day ever made.Especially Brutal Love.

Drama Queen is a really sweet sounding song and I really dig it.

X-Kid was good for about the fist one and a half minute.Then Boring...

Dirty Rotten Bastards and 99 Revolutions were enjoyable.

Everything else is so boring I almost fell asleep while listening for the first time.I was hoping for Walk Away to finish at last to listen to Bastards cause I had expectations about that one and the tracks from 6 to 9 were sooooo boring.

Overall this album has some of the best and some of the most boring songs of the Trilogy(and Green Day's career).

I think Brutal Love is fantastic and love the vocal harmonies and overall tone. But it's not revolutionary. Maybe it's a slightly new sound for Green Day but there are so many doo-wop songs that use similar progressions and even melodies. I urge everyone who enjoys it to listen to some Beach Boys albums. Who knows - you may just enjoy 'em. Note: The deep-cuts are much better than the "surf" hits. In fact, after listening to all of the BB albums, I no-longer even consider them a surf-rock band. They have much more to offer. If you'd like recommendations, let me know!

So far I've only heard the forgotten and 99 revolutions, but I'm really liking what I'm hearing.

It was so good! like i really enjoy listening Dirty Rotten Bastards.

I think Sex, Drugs, and Violence has a HUGE Ramones influence! wich is good.

And i had high expectations for Little Boy Named Train, but it was okay.

Even thou that, i think its a very good album!

And i have seen the back of the CD cover and it was kinda scary for me i dont know. But still awesome!

this is what i was talking about

:391807_497422720290450_718408975_n.jpg

After listening to Dos nearly a month, this album feels sooooo long :lol: Which is just a good thing of course! And what's really the difference between duration of them, 10 minutes?

Archived