¡TRÉ!

Liam

Just changed my text message alert to "siii yoooooo ohh" from Missing You :lol: Now I'm wating for someone to text me

I think we can arrange something

VGNX2.gif

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tre! was supposed to be released today wasn't it? Either I'm crazy or the post office sucks ass since I didn't get it in the mail today :dry:

The suspense is killing me 'cause I didn't listen to the stream. I can't handle this right now post office, get your shit together. asdghuiaehdsfh complain complain complain

Tre! was supposed to be released today wasn't it? Either I'm crazy or the post office sucks ass since I didn't get it in the mail today :dry:

The suspense is killing me 'cause I didn't listen to the stream. I can't handle this right now post office, get your shit together. asdghuiaehdsfh complain complain complain

Ironically Tre came for me yesterday; both Dos and Uno were more than a day late (I listened to the digital downloads)

I wish that Billie's voice on The Forgotten was softer like Last Night on Earth.

Little Boy Named Train is now on my list of favorites. I'm starting to like Missing You more.

S, D & V, Amanda, and Walk Away are still not memorable to me. I actually didn't know what song I was listening to until I realized it was S, D & V when the chorus hit. It was strange that I couldn't recognize it right away.

It takes me a while to get down most of the songs for any new album, Green Day or otherwise. But SD&V stuck fairly early on XD and I really enjoy it. I like A Little Boy Named Train, too. I don't think it is my favorite or anything, just because there are so many *great* pieces on here, but I do really like it and think it is a good song to have on the album. I like the lyrics, too.

Ironically Tre came for me yesterday; both Dos and Uno were more than a day late (I listened to the digital downloads)

I knew I was too lucky since I got both Uno and Dos on the release date. Tre was the one I was looking forward to the most though. WHAT KIND OF SICK GAME IS THIS!?!

I love this thing. I am totally loving Brutal Love, Missing You, X Kid and the others. Walk Away always sound like it could have been on Warning, I dont know, it seems similar to Waiting in some way which I like! I have no words for DRB. Its full of epicness. The bass solo and the guitar solo blow me away, it has the feeling of a sing along song, I want wait to see it played live (on video, obviously :P)

RITZ, HOW YOU LIKE DAT BASS IN DRB? :eyebrows:

"She is so wet and reckless." Billie. what.

RITZ, HOW YOU LIKE DAT BASS IN DRB? :eyebrows:

You have no idea :lol::eyebrows:

Mike has out grown himself. just when I couldn't get enough of Make Out Party bass solo, he gives us the DRB Bass solo. Totally amazing.

I am satisfied with the bass in the trilogy, it was really awesome and groovy, which we haven't seen by Mike since Warning days!

I admit, when I first started listening to the first four or five songs, I wondered if my expectations had been too high. But then I was blown away by the last four songs. After listening to the album a second time, the first eight songs started to grow on me and by the third time I really liked most of them. But the last four songs, although very different from one another, have the energizing,healing,hope-restoring power I found in 21st Century Breakdown.

Dirty Rotten Bastards is outstanding!!! I cannot wait to experience it in concert.

I don't know if anyone's said this yet but it's quite logical this will be released on yellow vinyl. Uno has a pink heading and it was released in pink vinyl, Dos has a blue heading and got a blue vinyl release. So I have a feeling we will actually get this in yellow vinyl

I LOVED this album after the first listen. It's easily my favourite off the trilogy. Brutal Love impressed me the most and Billie's vocals are amazing. I also really like X-Kid, 8th Avenue Serenade, and Walk Away. Can't wait to hear Dirty Rotten Bastards live!

http://www.underthegunreview.net/2012/12/11/album-review-green-day-tre/

Dunno if this was posted, but Under The Gun gave it a very positive review: 9/10

I expected to be disappointed. But I think I actually might like ¡Tre! more than ¡Uno!

Don't know yet. ¡Tre! has some really awesome tracks, but also probably my least favorite songs from the trilogy.

ADDICTED to Amanda tonight. Catchy little fecker!

It's that hook: "Amanda don't you know!?!"

and then the bridge riff. Holy shit that bridge riff.

Dirty Rotten Bastards is my spirit animal. Anyway, the Irish-y sounding intro is really reminiscent of the many many years I spent in Irish step dance classes. I was pretty good :P I even tried to come up with a dance to 21st Century Breakdown. Aha.

I think Tre is quickly becoming my favourite of the three albums. There's very little filler, the overall sound is more of a classic Green Day sound, and it is full of really catchy numbers that will stick in your head for weeks. I've been humming along to X-Kid and Amanda for days now, and I didn't really get that kind of vibe from Uno and Dos. The only track I can't get into is The Forgotten, I think Billie tried too hard to do his best John Lennon impression, and it doesn't really come off. It's not quite as bad as Nightlife, but it's up there with some of my least favourite GD songs.

I think lyrically it's very stripped down and 'back to basics', nothing overly fancy or particularly ground-breaking, but good, solid hooks, the very thing that made Green Day what they are today. There are definitely some real gems on this record. Brual Love is almost the perfect song, in so many ways. The combination of styles, the lyrics, and when everything falls into place, it's a hell of a song. X-Kid is one of the best GD songs in many years, and I have a massive soft spot for Walk Away as well.

Honestly, if they had just taken the tracks from Tre, cut out The Forgotten and maybe a couple of others (can't decide which), and added Nuclear Family and Wow That's Loud, that alone would have made an epic album.

But the band HAS to be in it. Otherwise, just put out a single.

Yeah, I guess they will appear in the next music video, who knows. It would really work as a single IMO and Missing You too.

First listen honestly wasn't very holy shit this is amazing like Dos was, but still pretty good. I hope it grows on me. Stand out tracks for me are Brutal Love, X-Kid, Walk Away, DIRTY ROTTEN BASTARDS, and if I had to choose more, Amanda and LBNT were pretty good.

It's that hook: "Amanda don't you know!?!"

and then the bridge riff. Holy shit that bridge riff.

Exactly!!! :runaround: My sister nearly murdered me for singing these lines like a thousand time last night:

“Amanda don’t you know

(Mumbling cause I couldn’t remember the lines)

Is this a kind of love that only hate would understand

Amanda, I couldn't be your man”

and all over again!

Archived