¡TRÉ!

Liam

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My TRE has been shipped few days ago but hasn't arrived yet :(
but I heard the whole album few times today cause I got the download :D

I admit, I don´t share the enthusiasm for Tré. It´s a nice, well, a good album with some good songs that I appreciate (wow! Here it is - my favourite english word: appreciate! :wub: ). But not outstanding. I think I prefer the dark up-tempo songs, like on Dos. Maybe Tré will grow on me, but I don´t listen to it half as often as to Dos. And Uno ist somewhere on the shelf...

"When you fall

You're gonna need a parachute

or use a pair of shoes to go

and walk away"

Oh man these lyrics are EPIC!! GENIAL!!!!

just listened something around 10 times...and i'm totally in love with it. Best album of the trilogy.

just listened something around 10 times...and i'm totally in love with it. Best album of the trilogy.

I agree!!!! Trè i my new drug !!! I cannot stop to listen to it :runaround: X kid, brutal love, walk away, missing you, dirtu rotten bastards are wertyu3e4rtyusdfghjdcfvgb perfect!!! and the others as well!!! I don't have any song to skip!

My personal favorite is Missing You ^^ Dirty Rotten Bastards is definately the runner up :)

"When you fall

You're gonna need a parachute

or use a pair of shoes to go

and walk away"

Oh man these lyrics are EPIC!! GENIAL!!!!

Walk away is amazing.

That lyrics, that guitar :wub:

Let's get this out of the way first- I've only listened once. I couldn't resist and finally downloaded it last night, going straight through the trilogy in sequence.

And so far, ¡TRE! is the only Green Day album I've ever truly disliked off the bat. I expect it to grow on me as I keep listening, but right now I'm having a tough time picking out any songs that really felt enjoyable.

Walk away is amazing.

That lyrics, that guitar

yesss I love it!!! and the voice of course :) It has a special vibe :wub:

So finally got around to listening to Tre.

It's just mwah. FIrst listen enjoyable without a doubt.

Like a rat in a maze, I got no direction.

Give it some time - that was my initial reaction too. Billie's songwriting has gotten a lot more abstract over the years (as often happens as artists age, I mean, take a look at what Springsteen is doing now as a point of comparison) and it takes more time to figure out what's going on in his head now. Til that happens, the songs hit as "well, meh, okay...." but when the light bulbs go off, look out -- turns out there's a lot of good shit in there.

Guest Trotsky

Walk away is amazing.

That lyrics, that guitar :wub:

Amazing song!!!!!

yesss I love it!!! and the voice of course :wub:

For me (and some others of course :P) this song has a Warning album vibe.I fucking love it!!! :)

I'm I the only one who skips past SD&V because of the lyrics? I mean, "Enligsh, math and science"? Sorry, but I just can't take that seriously! :lol:

I'm I the only one who skips past SD&V because of the lyrics? I mean, "Enligsh, math and science"? Sorry, but I just can't take that seriously! :lol:

It's a shame because the music is so catchy and all the other lyrics are really awesome. I'm trying to just ignore that line because everything surrounding it satisfies me immensely :D Best of luck to all of us with that.

And I do *kinda* understand the rationale behind that line and its meaning within the song, but that doesn't help me wish it didn't exist :lol:

I have managed to stop being totally disturbed by "she's old enough to bleed now," but I'm newly disturbed by "wet and reckless" because I thought it was wild and reckless. At least in the case of Drama Queen, it's supposed to be creepy and unsettling.

but I'm newly disturbed by "wet and reckless" because I thought it was wild and reckless. At least in the case of Drama Queen, it's supposed to be creepy and unsettling.

Just like me. Very much disturbing. "Wet and reckless"... I mean... whoops... that´s why I always think of a Lolita-song, and it makes me feel rather uncomfortable... I try to get myself out by telling me it might be a typical American expression that I´m not familiar with... she´s probably in a swimming pool pushing everybody aside... yes... that´s it... :mellow:

Guest Trotsky

Just like me. Very much disturbing. "Wet and reckless"... I mean... whoops... that´s why I always think of a Lolita-song, and it makes me feel rather uncomfortable... I try to get myself out by telling me it might be a typical American expression that I´m not familiar with... she´s probably in a swimming pool pushing everybody aside... yes... that´s it... :mellow:

wet reckless n. a plea to a charge of reckless driving which was "alcohol related." A wet reckless results from a plea bargain to reduce a charge of drunk driving, when the amount of blood alcohol was borderline illegal, there was no accident, and no prior record. The result is a lower fine, no jail time, and no record of a drunk driving conviction, but if there is a subsequent drunk driving conviction the "wet reckless" will be considered a "prior" drunk driving conviction and result in a sentence required for a second conviction.

It's a shame because the music is so catchy and all the other lyrics are really awesome. I'm trying to just ignore that line because everything surrounding it satisfies me immensely :D Best of luck to all of us with that.

And I do *kinda* understand the rationale behind that line and its meaning within the song, but that doesn't help me wish it didn't exist :lol:

I have managed to stop being totally disturbed by "she's old enough to bleed now," but I'm newly disturbed by "wet and reckless" because I thought it was wild and reckless. At least in the case of Drama Queen, it's supposed to be creepy and unsettling.

wet reckless n. a plea to a charge of reckless driving which was "alcohol related." A wet reckless results from a plea bargain to reduce a charge of drunk driving, when the amount of blood alcohol was borderline illegal, there was no accident, and no prior record. The result is a lower fine, no jail time, and no record of a drunk driving conviction, but if there is a subsequent drunk driving conviction the "wet reckless" will be considered a "prior" drunk driving conviction and result in a sentence required for a second conviction.

Archived