¡Quatro! clips

bri1039

Will defo be watching the quatro highlights when its shown just incase the world does end, i want to have seen some of quatro at least :lol::P Anyways these clips get me so fucking excited. Love them just jamming in a small room and billie telling us about nimrod. So excited.

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well I expected that coming from MTV, at least they'll have a copy of the actual video sent by Green Day. Oh well.

MTV's video quality depends on your internet connection and speed.

STOP QUOTING YOUTUBE VIDEOS! I just said it on the last page. I'm bored of removing them for you.

It definitely seems like they semi-scripted or planned what they're saying as voice-overs in this documentary. Not that that's a bad thing, but the words are flowing a little too nicely for this to all just be off the top of his head :lol: (Especially in the previous trailers we got)

Uhh heck yes! There was not a SINGLE "you know" said...

"Y'knows", "umms", and the like can all easily be taken out during the editing process.

But, yeah, many documentaries have a scripted voiceover narration, in addition to any interview clips or B-roll footage. So this isn't really all that unusual or, even, unexpected :)

wat? Seriously? Detroit has serious gang issues and really high crime rates compared to Oakland :P

I didn't realize you lived there.

Another great clip. This is shaping up to be a really interesting documentary and I can't wait for it!

Also it's funny what he said about Nimrod. The lyrics on Nimrod are awesome.

On the list that Mike puts up on the wall (for those of you who watched the video on mtv, youtube's quality isn't good enough) Ashley is at the top of the list. The one under it looks like it says Gabriella. Can anyone clarify?

That 3rd song that was played (as a rehearsal) has got to be Dirty Rotten Bastards! I remember one of the articles comparing it to the pogues and/or celtic rock, and that melody sounds pretty darn celtic punk to me!

Sound's legit. Can't wait (Fuck you Green Day for spoiling me once again. First you play your phone on BBC, now you're leaking this shit in a dvd...I gotta stop watching these updates.)

From what i've heard, Oakland is one of the most dangerous cities in USA xD

Haha, living 30 minutes away from Oakland, I've never heard anything good on the local news that happens in there, lets just say both cities are super dangerous ! Haha.

A reminder to everyone: don't quote videos. Delete them from your reply before you click post (or go back and edit them out if you forget).

My bad, i completely forgot, i was kinda rushing when i posted, sorry.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cGIuDsgBS4

Enjoy! :P

I really liked it...

Thanks for uploading it to youtube :wub::woot:

My bad, i completely forgot, i was kinda rushing when i posted, sorry.

That's OK it's easy to forget to do it from time to time, just giving a reminder to everyone to try and remember :)

On the list that Mike puts up on the wall (for those of you who watched the video on mtv, youtube's quality isn't good enough) Ashley is at the top of the list. The one under it looks like it says Gabriella. Can anyone clarify?

YEA YOU'r RIGHT!!!! it's gabriella of course!

Does anyone know if you can stream vh1 internationally or if there is another way to watch the preview for Quatro internationally?

"I think sometimes taking time off feels dangerous to me because I just like playing music, it's what I do, I'm addicted to it. And what I noticed what happens to bands that "take time off" they are not as good when they come back. For us it's just like keep that evolution going, let your audience grow with you and grow up with you. And at some point, grow old with you."

well said Billie, well said

I wish I had VH1 here. I wish I had TV here!

Both of these clips are great so I want to get Quatro as soon as it will be possible.

Does anyone know if you can stream vh1 internationally or if there is another way to watch the preview for Quatro internationally?

Go to vh1.com and try it out now if not there are sites that let you bypass the block hide your ip address

It still sounds pretty natural to me, like small pauses, slightly weird sentence structure..Mike even says “you know”…

And unlike interviews, where you have to think of an answer on top of your head and sometimes still thinking while talking, maybe they were given more time to think before answering. And a documentary full of “y’know’s” and “umms”, would be funny but also less pleasurable for the viewers… Anyway I like both clips and am really excited to see more ;)

For all who can't understand the 2nd clip, here's a quickly made transcription. Feel free to correct :)

Background voice:

BJ: Because the last two records were made pretty much in a studio atmosphere only, we really [knew] what we wanted to just get into a room together and start [pashing?] out the songs together. Just something that sounded more- just like stripped down rock and roll.

Songs: Wow! That's Loud/Stay the Night

Background voice:

Jason: That collaborative effort of just sort of like always being together and looking at each other and play… like the way you used to do it. Then we practiced them first… and then, when we were ready and then we go record…

Singing: Yeeeeaaaahhh…..

Background voice:

Mike: There’s a certain looseness that we were allowing ourselves to have. Just playing off of everybody else, you know, we were just kinda shootin’ from the hip with instinct. I think that allowed us to reach into areas that we might not have done.

On screen:

BJ: When did Nimrod come out? 97? 98?

Jason: 97.

Mike: Yeah…

Jason: I was working at that record store when it came out…

BJ: Lyrical nightmare!

?: The record?

BJ: I had have …it was… it… what? ... 18 songs…?

Mike: ???

BJ: nine-..and then an extra four… I just had to write lyrics in the studio. But then I vowed to myself-… I NEVER come to the studio without lyrics… ever!....again!

It still sounds pretty natural to me, like small pauses, slightly weird sentence structure..Mike even says “you know”…

And unlike interviews, where you have to think of an answer on top of your head and sometimes still thinking while talking, maybe they were given more time to think before answering. And a documentary full of “y’know’s” and “umms”, would be funny but also less pleasurable for the viewers… Anyway I like both clips and am really excited to see more ;)

For all who can't understand the 2nd clip, here's a quickly made transcription. Feel free to correct :)

Background voice:

BJ: Because the last two records were made pretty much in a studio atmosphere only, we really [knew] what we wanted to just get into a room together and start [pashing?] out the songs together. Just something that sounded more- just like stripped down rock and roll.

Songs: Wow! That's Loud/Stay the Night

Background voice:

Jason: That collaborative effort of just sort of like always being together and looking at each other and play… like the way you used to do it. Then we practiced them first… and then, when we were ready and then we go record…

Singing: Yeeeeaaaahhh…..

Background voice:

Mike: There’s a certain looseness that we were allowing ourselves to have. Just playing off of everybody else, you know, we were just kinda shootin’ from the hip with instinct. I think that allowed us to reach into areas that we might not have done.

On screen:

BJ: When did Nimrod come out? 97? 98?

Jason: 97.

Mike: Yeah…

Jason: I was working at that record store when it came out…

BJ: Lyrical nightmare!

?: The record?

BJ: I had have …it was… it… what? ... 18 songs…?

Mike: ???

BJ: nine-..and then an extra four… I just had to write lyrics in the studio. But then I vowed to myself-… I NEVER come to the studio without lyrics… ever!....again!

Here's a better sized writing of that post.

At 1:13 in the video you can see a breakdown of a song behind Mike. The title says something like "Miss Judy ___"

Wow. This documentary looks really interesting. Thanks guys for the youtube links, they are much appreciated!

Archived