Alternative Press reviews ¡TRE!

tdlyon

I'm cool with this review. It's funny how some people are freaking out. I don't think I'll share this opinion when I hear the album, but that's just my opinion. I think his main point was that Tre isn't as cohesive as the previous two albums -it's just a bunch of decent songs pasted together in no particular order.

Anyway, it's good to hear that Little Boy Named Train and Dirty Rotten Bastards were liked - I was fearing these two songs might be weaker. And it is consoling to know that the reviewer considered Drama Queen and The Forgotten the weakest songs on the album; I enjoyed both very much. Personally I feel that Tre will be the highlight of he trilogy for me, though it's tough between Uno and Dos for second place.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, I was sort of hoping that Tre would be well-received critically, or at least do better than Uno and Dos which both had Metacritic scores of 67 when I last checked, but this review makes me think it might be about the same. That being said, I actually love it when bands depart from their typical sounds to explore different material and the review seems to indicate that we'll be getting a bunch of that on Tre. My only other concern is the lyrics. So far Billie has had nothing to say. I really hope these songs are the deep, contemplative ones he promised because poor writing can absolutely ruin a song.

Hey,

where you seen this review?

It is in print in the newest issue of Alt Press.

This issue literally just came in my mailbox today. I couldn't find this online so I just typed it up. I'm on my phone right now so I can't look it up, but they may have posted it on their website by now.

Figured that's what it was. Heading back home today, hoping my copy is there as well.

If it is, I'll post scans!

I really can't wait to hear Brutal Love. It's continually been described as a gospel-ly song, and now as a Sam Cooke rip off, which is totally fine with me.

8th avenue serenade a weak song :o. Ive been in love with that song since i heard the live bootlegs on youtube. Nice to hear some descriptions though, really excited for this. Describing some songs as almost nimrod like really appeals to me cos i fucking love nimrod.

So pretty much all of the songs that we've already heard suck? That's great! That means all the others are way better! (No!)

And when I saw that Mike sings lead vocals for ten seconds, my heart stopped. So awesome!

Can't wait to hear about Walk Away. I'm actually wondering if I should even read reviews, this on kinda over spoiled it for me. Now I'm expecting Mike's vocals.

Can't fault the guy (or gal) for giving an honest opinion. Whatever- somebody gets paid to write about new music, and may not have fallen in love with something I'm going to buy regardless. No big deal.

Dos will always be my favorite but from the way the reviewer described Tre I am definitely anticipating it more..I love the original songs the reviewer said that billie kind of knocks off so if billie is doing anything remotely like those examples im all for it!!

Just because the reviewer didn't give the album an amazing rave review doesn't automatically make them an asshole... :ermm:

Just because the reviewer didn't give the album an amazing rave review doesn't automatically make them an asshole... :ermm:

No, but as there have only been 1 or 2 who have said that (and already 2-3 who have pointed this same thing out already) I don't see the necessity to include this.

On topic, I'm excited for Tré.

The reviews for the last two albums have been all over the place so I don't think it is very useful to look blindly at the reviews.

Let's wait 3 weeks and find out ourselves :D.

So the album is going to be incohesive?

Well damn, its not like Warning and 21st CB weren't both random as hell.

I don't think it was even that bad of a review? He just said it has no real point, sort of, but he also said fair play to them.

This sounds promising, because is a mix of all things that Green Day can do. Pop-punk songs, political songs, multi-parts songs, ballads, pianos...

I'm exited for this .3

Wow, are you people allready saying "What if it sucks?! What if critics don't like it?!" when you've read one review? Jesus christ, you haven't even heard the album yet, don't judge it until you've heard it and can make up YOUR mind about it. The reviewer didn't like 8th ave. serenade, the forgotten and drama queen, right? I love these songs, especially 8th ave. serenade. See, I made up my own mind about it, have you thought about the fact that reviewers are just normal persons like us? It's not like they had some special high education or magic powers to know what's good better than we can. Stop whining, so what if he's got a different opinion? Does it make him an asshole? No.

Mike is singing, only ten seconds but so what? Yay!

When I first heard previews from Uno, I didnt like it to be honest.It grew on me.Same thing with Dos.But for tre, well everything I have heard so far is epic.IDGAF about what anyone says

No, but as there have only been 1 or 2 who have said that (and already 2-3 who have pointed this same thing out already) I don't see the necessity to include this.

You're allowed an opinion, so am I.

Guest supersaiyemmy

people who are pissed at this review, just calm the hell down, different people have different opinions :P I personally hated uno and dos, though i'm hoping Nightlife becomes a single XD but i'm actually excited for tre.

People are getting the wrong idea if they're referring to what I said. All I said was that it sounds if the reviewer wanted to give the album a lower review instead of what he gave it. I dont care if its negative, I just said what I thought was the case

So the album is going to be incohesive?

Well damn, its not like Warning and 21st CB weren't both random as hell.

21st century breakdown had a story...

so what makes it so fucking random?

Billie Joe has said several times that he doesn't take drugs anymore ( Kerrang!, AP, etc ) his rehab was because of alcohol.

And Mike singing?!!! My dream is coming true! EXCITED AS FUCK!! :woot: I think Tre is gonna be the best of the trilogy, as the band said " Epic " :)

Mike is singing, only ten minutes but so what? Yay!

Oh god... I think you mean seconds, not minutes x'D Would have been awesome though. Imagine a song like JOS with only Mike...

Archived