Famous Green Day fans

Metanoia

God, can we not rehash the Steve Jobs thing? He wasn't being serious or literal at all, he was pissed off that a good majority of the crowd was too busy filming instead of watching the damn show.

Yeah, in hindset it was probably a bit rude and was definetly said at a bad time, but seriously, if you think he literally meant it, you're an idiot.

Has anyone mentioned Dead Kennedys? They have Green Day in their "likes" column in Facebook. I am pretty sure they atleast respect them.

If I remember correctly I think Billie and Jello Biafra are good friends, or have at least talked to each other a few times. :)

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Hollywood, Vince Vaugn, Brad Pitt, Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise, Neil Partick Harris, Paris Hilton, Judd Apatrow, Jason Biggs and Ashton Kutcher are fans.

I forgot to add Franz Ferdinand, Hayley Williams, Gerard Way and Bruno Mars to the list of musicians

it was really rude, but i don't think he meant it. i think he just was pissed off at that show

Yeah not to excuse what he said, but he wad definitely really pissed off at that show. As far as I know there was a hell of a lot of people recording via their iPhones (hence the Steve Jobs anger).

It's the same show he had that rant about technology destroying civilization, the 'DO YOU WANT TO LIVE?' rant :)

Hey Everyone

I don#t know if there's any topic for this yet.I couldn't find one so I though to open this one.....It's just about to tell which Celebrities you know that are Green Day fans.......If this already exsist it can be closed......Well ok I'll start as far as I know :

Tom Felton, Shakira and Alicia Keys once said that tehy like them..., Miranda Cosgrove, Pink (yes I read that in an interview !!!), *cough* Bill from Tokio Hotel, Billy Talent,Good Charlotte, My Chemical Romance, Simple Plan (especially David tongue.gif), German ones: Die Toten Hosen,Jörn Schlönvoigt, Rob from Lexington Bridge, Serena Williams, Brad Pitt even once has been at a concert of them !, German band :Killerpilze and Stefanie Heinzmann,Snoop Dogg and XZibit from Pimp my ride, even Madonna !!!!! oh and Martin Stosch laugh.gif

EDIT: OH YEAH FALL OUT BOY TOO !!!!!! PETE WENTZ IS ONE HUGE FAN !!!!!!! laugh.gif

Can't think of more right now.........

Do you know anymore ? Have you ever read an interview of any artist saying he likes Green Day ?

Just share it =)

MCR likes Green Day!!!! Oh that's just too perfect :dance:

Well they did tour together and they have the same producer.

God, can we not rehash the Steve Jobs thing? He wasn't being serious or literal at all, he was pissed off that a good majority of the crowd was too busy filming instead of watching the damn show.

Yeah, in hindset it was probably a bit rude and was definetly said at a bad time, but seriously, if you think he literally meant it, you're an idiot.

If I remember correctly I think Billie and Jello Biafra are good friends, or have at least talked to each other a few times. :)

Where'd you hear about Billie Joe and Jello? That is really cool! And why the fuck would Billie be pissed about people recording the concert IF they were watching, too?

Where'd you hear about Billie Joe and Jello? That is really cool! And why the fuck would Billie be pissed about people recording the concert IF they were watching, too?

While I don't condone what Billie said about Steve Jobs and his illness, if people are filming a concert they're not going to spend time dancign around, singing along and actually enjoying the music. Technology is very distracting and takes away from the music. It just leaves the crowd kinda dead.

I'm not 100% sure but I think I saw somewhere (either in a book or a magazine interview) that Jello was talking about how him and Billie talked alot about the punk movement and politics and stuff. Sorry I can't get the exact thing for you, for some reason it's just something I remember vaguely skimming over :lol:

And yeah, about the technology thing, people get too caught up in wanting to capture the moment instead of living the moment, catch my drift? Like, instead of focusing on seeing them live with their own eyes, their focusing on seeing the band band through their self-recorded videos.

That's messed up. Did he say it before or after Steve was diagnosed with cancer?

Jobs was diagnosed with cancer about 7 4 years previously and i think he had beaten it twice at this stage.

Once I read somewhere that Ozzy Osbourne listed Green Day as one of his favorite bands! He said he really liked the American Idiot album and stuff. :D

And probably someone already said Alice Cooper, but... Yes, Alice Cooper is a fan too!

I saw Brent Smith from Shinedown say in an interview that he's a Green Day fan and that he supports Billie Joe while he's in rehab. Maybe they met through Rob Cavallo :D

Heh. Understatement ;)

Desertrose posted this in the Billie Joe thread and I noticed it's Bill O'Reilly, the one and only leader of the American Idiot media propaganda campaign :P Apparently his daughter is a fan. (Good girl! Escape daddy's tyranny!) I can't even imagine what Billie was thinking when he shook Bill's hand :lol: Something along the lines of "You......" :angry

0923-green-day-2-1024x685.jpg

Here in Spain we have a band called: "El canto del loco" that the singer likes Green Day

• 3 months later...

In Mexico there's a band called Molotov and they love Green Day, actually they were the openers for the Green Day concert in México in 2004, someone told me that Green Day choose them cause Billie likes the band :)

Drake Bell from Drake & Josh like them! Bob Mould from Husker du said he like them especially at dookie and insmniac days!

Idk weather this has been posted but I once read that Kurt Cobain went to a Pinhead Gunpowder show and really liked it I know Dave has hung out or hangs out with Billie Krist rated their album (don't remember wich one) and Pat (Nirvana touring Guitarist) said he liked them and also Courtney Love has spoke about Frances and Joey used to hang out as there only a couple of years apart and Billie once named Courtney as his most famoes contact in his phone I think it was in kerrang

Idk weather this has been posted but I once read that Kurt Cobain went to a Pinhead Gunpowder show and really liked it I know Dave has hung out or hangs out with Billie Krist rated their album (don't remember wich one) and Pat (Nirvana touring Guitarist) said he liked them and also Courtney Love has spoke about Frances and Joey used to hang out as there only a couple of years apart and Billie once named Courtney as his most famoes contact in his phone I think it was in kerrang

Actually I "met" Courtney Love after the second Madison Square Garden show in July 2009. We saw her as she left the venue, someone even took a picture with her. So she must like them indeed.

Also, didn't Lady Gaga lick all the pages of Dookie cause she loved it so much?

This made me laugh so much because I wondered if she actually said that or you're just turning something she said into a more Gaga-ish statement. :lol:

There are a bunch of pictures of Billie with Courtney so yeah I'd say she's a fan. Where did you read about their kids hanging out though?

In Mexico there's a band called Molotov and they love Green Day, actually they were the openers for the Green Day concert in México in 2004, someone told me that Green Day choose them cause Billie likes the band :)

That's why Tré went to the Molotov and Cafe Tacuba show 2 months ago I think

Archived