Green Day Songs Dookiefied®

Dookiefied

Dude, that's almost half the song. I was being pretty generous :P

I know :P

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I have no idea about the copyright stuff. There are tons of covers on Youtube, iTunes and Spotify so I figured I should be fine but probably not lol. I do however believe that both iTunes and Spotify have a built in royaltees function. But Green Day should shut the f*ck up. From what I remember they had "used without permission" on one of their albums ;)

I'm working on a brand new Dookiefied by the way. It's a song off of the new Trilogy. Been a while since I've done one of those :)

If they notice the album, Warner and Green Day will recive a cut of the money made.

If they notice the album, Warner and Green Day will recive a cut of the money made.

Really? you think the label will over look copyright infringement to just simply "recieve a cut"....

Really? you think the label will over look copyright infringement to just simply "recieve a cut"....

I tried to learn a bit about the topic and it doesn't seem really that simple. I mean, in the music industry everyone is covering everyone, live and on albums. There seems to be gray areas. As far as I could tell it seems royaltees need to be payed which is often done automatically through services like iTunes. But then again, I'm not a lawyer and this is only my own understanding. Either way, I have contacted Warner so I should find out soon enough.

I read someone wrote:

"I don't think you need permission to release a cover. I think its only if you alter the lyrics/melody or sample the song that you need permission."

I've read a bit more about the topic and it doesn't seem really that simple. I mean, in the music industry everyone is covering everyone, live and on albums. There seems to be gray areas. As far as I could tell it seems royaltees need to be payed which is often done automatically through services like iTunes and others don't seem allow it at all. But then again, I'm not a lawyer and this is only my own understanding. Either way, I have contacted Warner so I should find out soon enough.

Yes itunes has that BUT royalties are NOT clearences

A song clearence is getting the label/publishers permission (aka you sign the proper legal paperwork pay the fee that the label charges per song and the label grants the release of the cover song to be sold) im not familar with itunes but itunes should require the info of your clearence # (the number thats given from the label kind of like a bar code type deal)

Royalties simply means the song writers get their share it has zero to do with song clearences...

Some bands and very few labels care about all that but WMG however is not one of those labels

And that someone is very incorrect a copywrited song has to have permission/clearences from owners/labels for anything thatprofit will be made from (tech same with bands performing covers at shows legally they need to but as long as they dont sell recordings they get overlooked hence only songs GD covers from live shows that get released are ones they have paid for the clearences)

Alright, you seem to know what you are talking about. We'll see what Warner says. They'll probably tell me to fuck off lol.

It's true. If you release a cover then the original artist receives a cut of what the song makes. For example a portion of the money made from Foreverly will go to the Everly Brothers

It's true. If you release a cover then the original artist receives a cut of what the song makes. For example a portion of the money made from Foreverly will go to the Everly Brothers

Actually Everly Brothers wont get a royalty check as they didnt write any of the words nor music as that album was a cover album as well and rotalties is NOT the same as getting a labels/publishers CLEARENCE to do so...

Alright, you seem to know what you are talking about. We'll see what Warner says. They'll probably tell me to fuck off lol.

Naw they wont theyll ask for copies of the album you are intending to release and will either ask how much is in your budget to spend or give you a price for the clearence out right

Id also suggest you google Pat's (GDs manager) website and send a email as well and also to the GD publisher (you can their email from GD's ASCAP page) as the band (and escp a band of GD's statue can make the fees lower or even free...)

The original writer does, not necessarily the performer if they didn't write the song themselves. And that doesn't automatically mean you can release a cover and make money on it without permission. For example, if you sell a cover version on iTunes without receiving clearance, there's no system in place that automatically 'knows' that it's a cover, so how is the writer supposed to receive their cut?

BTW, everyone, created some alternate artwork for the Dookiefied Guitars download package. Figured it fits with the fact that they're all Trilogy songs, and helps you differentiate this album and Dookie when you're scrolling through your iTunes feed.

Untitled_zps6833a0f9.png

Figured it fits with the fact that they're all Trilogy songs, and helps you differentiate this album and Dookie when you're scrolling through your iTunes feed.

I usually just look at the name.

I usually just look at the name.

*shrugs* I'm usually someone who looks at the artwork. Just thought it might be helpful.

*shrugs* I'm usually someone who looks at the artwork. Just thought it might be helpful.

Sorry if that sounded rude, I didn't mean it to be. I was just saying what I do :P

Sorry if that sounded rude, I didn't mean it to be. I was just saying what I do :P

No problem. :P It is funny how a lack of emoticons automatically looks frosty these days. Oh Internet, what have you done to ordinary communication?

Oh Internet, what have you done to ordinary communication?

Stupid internet.

jk internet, I love you.

I tried to learn a bit about the topic and it doesn't seem really that simple. I mean, in the music industry everyone is covering everyone, live and on albums. There seems to be gray areas. As far as I could tell it seems royaltees need to be payed which is often done automatically through services like iTunes. But then again, I'm not a lawyer and this is only my own understanding. Either way, I have contacted Warner so I should find out soon enough.

I read someone wrote:

"I don't think you need permission to release a cover. I think its only if you alter the lyrics/melody or sample the song that you need permission."

Well, you do seem to get a few lyrics wrong in these dookiefieds every so often :lol:

Stupid internet.

jk internet, I love you.

the internet does have its bad moments though. i cant walk five steps on here without seeing a brony or whovian. not that there's anything wrong with doctor who but the brony things gettin ridiculous

the internet does have its bad moments though. i cant walk five steps on here without seeing a brony or whovian. not that there's anything wrong with doctor who but the brony things gettin ridiculous

Damn whovians. Get the fuck off my internet :P

I've looked it up. There doesn't seem to be a problem with releasing covers on iTunes and Spotify.

"To release a cover song you need a mechanical license - in most countries, the digital music service (iTunes and Spotify) will handle this directly with the publisher. The exception here is the United States where you need to secure a license yourself via songclearance.

I may not use Green Day in the metadata because it is a protected name which I didn't do.

I need to discuss this a bit further to be sure.

Damn whovians. Get the fuck off my internet :P

No, you get off OUR internet :D

No, you get off OUR internet :D

Mortal beings can't fight against the Doctor.

And hope that Danny won't be an ass and post the new version of Paper Lanters.

Archived